Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011 - 2014 Mustang GT Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-gt-tech/)
-   -   Boss cams in a GT (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-gt-tech/1083533-boss-cams-gt.html)

AAAracing 10-20-2019 01:54 PM

Boss cams in a GT

Has anyone put boss cams in GT? If so do they require a tune?

My ride is a 2014 with a direct port nitrous settup, JBA long tubes & O/road H pipe. I also tune my own via SCT Advantage 3.

JBert 10-21-2019 09:43 AM

hmmmm . . . not sure, but . . . my understanding is that the Boss cams (and a lot of other things) are designed and built to extend the red line and the power band in the high RPM's . . . and that requires a different tune for sure, and if I remember correctly they had to build a special ECU to keep up with the speed that everything happens at those high RPM's

so yes I think you would need a tune for sure, and maybe a whole different ECU

and I'm not sure you would get any benefit from the Boss cams without a lot of supporting modifications

AAAracing 10-22-2019 08:29 PM

if it was a 15+ but in a 11-14, no you definitely do not need a new ECU.
The copperhead (11-14) ecu uses 16 hdfx tables. I think as long as the lobe angles are the same on the cams it should work with nothing more then a tweek of the maf transfer. Maby? Might be that easy.
The 1mm benifit for myself comes from the nitrous use.
The reason im mostly asking is i do not have access to a dyno and tuning a new set of cams on the street from scratch is a code red if ya know what I mean.
I self tune via SCT.
Im not set on upgrading the cams but maby

AAAracing 10-24-2019 10:45 PM

Update * requires updated VCT value files to Boss strategy. Good to go.