How LOW of a 0-60 can we get (2011 in my case) without doing power adders? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By Grimbrand
  • 1 Post By my89foxbody
  • 1 Post By ksoltis
  • 1 Post By MustangLife
  • 2 Post By ONEZ ST
  • 1 Post By crjackson2134
  • 3 Post By my89foxbody

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020 Thread Starter
Rookie

How LOW of a 0-60 can we get (2011 in my case) without doing power adders?

Hi All,
Of course our cars are very impressive out of the box. But wouldnt it be nice to focus on 0-60/qm fun and show up some of these stinking electric cars coming about.

IIRC in my case, the auto stang with a good, fast shifting tune (AED for ex) has been able to run a low 4 sec 0-60.. or better? In my case, it is lowered 1.5" BUT has a good set of LCA's with extension to put the wheels back to the ground, koni oranges.. THAT being said, with 3:73's AND street slicks( recommendations?) and WHERE would that put the 0-60 time? Any positive suggestions welcome, flamers not.

2011GT auto vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020
PONY Member

Personally I don't go chasing Prius's or any other electric car. I was under the impression a 5.0 did 0-60 in 4.3 sec's stock.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020 Thread Starter
Rookie

I think you are probably right on the 0-60. So wondering if any of y'all have an idea how low we could get it with (good tune) the lca's, street slicks (traction) and 3:73's for starters. Yea..prius wasnt coming to mind. Tesla [edit]. Let me elaborate, what got me thinking about this was the cars below AND gas cars as well; which the twin turbo AWD are starting to catch up:

2019 model3 performance 3.2 sec
2018 models as low as 2.4
(not electric) All wheel drives like the Audi Q5 SS with a tune (yes, its an suv) low 3's 0-60 <-- to me this is kind of a glorified mini-van

Last but not least:
Tesla's all-electric powertrain delivers unparalleled performance in all weather conditions, with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, adaptive air suspension and the quickest acceleration of any SUV on the road—from zero to 60 mph in 2.7 seconds.

^do I personally hate these cars? yep. I think they are ugly and would rather push my Ford..

The all wheel drives and the electric motors make them a challenge. There will be more in the future. I like my 2011. Sure I could update, but would enjoy surprising them..

2011GT auto vert

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
So drive into a headwind with them for 300 miles, and then ask them to race. *vicious grin*

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
The cars you mention are totally different tech. Time marches on... There’s a lot more to a performance car than 0-60 and stoplight racing.

However, you can make your Mustang go as fast as your wallet allows...

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
The cars you mention are totally different tech. Time marches on... There’s a lot more to a performance car than 0-60 and stoplight racing.

However, you can make your Mustang go as fast as your wallet allows...
Or your wife lol
crjackson2134 likes this.

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020
Rookie

Garage
You'll never get to tesla 0-60 numbers in a mustang. Those numbers are done with awd, and electric motors are completely different than internal combustion engines. There is no torque curve, it's all torque all the time.
Beechkid likes this.

2014 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Lund 93 Octane
JLT Intake
JBA long tubes catted H-pipe
Flowmaster Outlaw axle back
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm not worried about it.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoltis View Post
You'll never get to tesla 0-60 numbers in a mustang. Those numbers are done with awd, and electric motors are completely different than internal combustion engines. There is no torque curve, it's all torque all the time.
Not 100% true. The new GT500 is claimed to be 0-60 in 3.2 so beating the above stated 2019 Tesla numbers. Can't say I know a lot about the Tesla 0-60 to know if above stated numbers are correct or not. I say that to also say I agree we are comparing apples to oranges in this thread as a Mustang is a RWD where a Tesla is AWD. AWD having obvious traction advantages over RWD... Lets compare the Mustang to other RWD applications to be more realistic. Now if we want to go off Mustang topic you could look to compare AWD lets compare say a Porsche 911 turbo coming in at 2.8 as that is AWD to AWD...
crjackson2134 likes this.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Closest ive gone to going electric is the Watts Link suspension.

Im not personally thinking electric cars are in the same class as gasoline cars when it comes to either mileage or acceleration times. Electrics generate a lot of torque and are generally fast. But they are range restricted and tale too long to reenergize. Sure there are some lackluster EVs but others will pull darn hard.

Lots of faster more competitive things out there to conquer like bikes. Probably why you don't read to many kill stories on car forums about car vs biker. Even with a SC 2012 I don't callout any Ducati, BMW or Kawasaki Ninja owners for a 1/4 mile rundown the track.
MustangLife and crjackson2134 like this.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
Quote:
Originally Posted by my89foxbody View Post
Or your wife lol

So how fast IS your wife?

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbrand View Post
Grimbrand likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbrand View Post
IT was referenced to allowed not fast, by the way her right hook is 0.8 seconds to the throat

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Rookie

I thought a high 4 second 0-60mph was fast. Didn't know these stock could get low 4 seconds. Anyone gas actual times?

03 Ford Excursion Ltd 6.0L
00 Acura RL 3.5L
95 GTS 5.0L TFS stage II cam, roller rockers, heads, Track Heat intake, 30# inj, BBK full length headers, H pipe, Flowmasters, Stacker TB, 75 mm MAF, MSD coil/distributor, 4.10 gear (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page