• 1 Post By Jorgeic88
  • 1 Post By Beechkid
  • 3 Post By pikapp

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
What brake pads do you recommend?

Hello, I plan to change the entire braking system, brake fluid, hoses etc and I have doubts about the pads. What I plan to ride is the following.

Brake fluid: Motul Dot 5.1
Hose: Metallic Hel brand.
Brake pads: I am between the Yellowstuff EBC and the FERODO 2500 or others that you recommend.

The mustang is 2014 gt brembo pack, with 4 piston brembo caliper in front.

dusman59 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
BOSS Member

With regards to the pads, I would avoid EBC like the plague...horrendous cyclic QA issues and the owner only stands behind the product if it is "convenient" or can be used for PR purposes....

https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes/427029-dont-waste-your-time-money-ebc-brakes-4.html

As far as Ferodo 2500, I don't think you will be too happy with those on a street car unless you like washing your wheels daily

CFor good quality linings, may I highly recommend CarboTech Engineering, which I have used (1521 linings) for about 30+ years and been very happy on multiplefull size (V8) cars and trucks.

https://ctbrakes.com/choosingcompounds/

This particular lining has a high friction co-efficient (about the same as the Ferodo 2500),excellent pedal feel, wears (typically 50,000 to 75,000 miles beforereplacement is required) and produces less dust than OEM linings.

I highly recommend speaking to them by phone for linings that would be best foryour application. Fyi- braking co-efficient is what identifies the bite ratingof the linings- you want the CE to be no less than that of the OEM..... IMHO, I would look for a CE that is .49 orgreater.

You haven't mentioned rotors so I will bring this up...... I have previously run OEM replacement rotorsthat are cryogenically treated at Diversified Cryogenics (aka Frozen Rotors), making them almost ashard as stainless steel.Unfortunately, Brembo, Powerslot, Raybestos, Bendix, Hawk etc. are allpurchasing their rotors from one of the foundaries in China (with the exception ofthe $300 each composite high end units for Ferrari, Porsche, etc).

High Performance Brake Pads and Brake Rotors - Frozen Rotors

Hope this helps

my89foxbody likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

what are you using the car for; and why are you using the DOT 5.1 fluid?

this suggests you might be road tracking the car, which makes a HUGE difference to brake pad selection

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
what are you using the car for; and why are you using the DOT 5.1 fluid?

this suggests you might be road tracking the car, which makes a HUGE difference to brake pad selection
I have suggested DOT 5.1 because it is the one recommended by the motul web advisor.
The use I make to the car is a normal use, no circuit.

The problem is that I live in Spain and I don't have access to certain brands that are sold in the USA. Basically everything I buy for the car is bought by Rockauto.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 3 Days Ago
MACH I Member

Garage
1. Unless you plan on doing some serious racing, standard Dot 3 bake fluid will do just fine.
2. Don't overlook Hawk Brake Pads. They make pads for everyday driving as well as for serious racing. I've tried many brands (experimenting) over the past 14 years, and find Hawk pads to be best for me.

As a rule, vehicles equipped with anti-lock brakes (ABS) should not use DOT 5 brake fluid. DOT 5 brake fluid is silicone based. DOT 3 (standard) and DOT 4 (heavy-duty) are glycol-based. It can be distinguished from conventional brake fluids by its purple color (which comes from a dye).

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page