Ford Mustang Forum banner

Backup camera options for 2011 GT CS

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  watchdoc 
#1 ·
So my 2011 GT CS 6spd with NAV did not come with a backup camera and I want to add one. I'm trying to compare price and quality of the various methods of adding a camera. The methods I've read about are:

Lockpick with video transducer

reprogramming the head unit to run a factory camera.

Anybody have any input on which methods are best and pros and cons?

#2 ·
I have a 2013 GT CS same issue. The factory wiring for the back-up camera is there under the trunk lid carpet. I moved it to the bumper to use a license plate frame camera. I have a friend at Ford who changed the build data on my nav system to one with a back-up camera. From what all I could tell, the only thing that needed changing was on the first line of build info. A D needed changing to a C. However, you will need to re-input ALL 18 lines of build info just to change that one stinking letter. I have the build data info and could send it to you if you decide to go this route. This was the cleanest way to go about this especially without purchasing a $300+ lock pick unit. And yes, everything works like factory.:smile:

#8 ·
So fast forward 8 months and I can't find anyone that can modify code locally. All the dealers shut me down mid way thru the conversation. Any suggestions how to find someone that can edit the build code?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.