2011 GT 4x4 stance (why?) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

2011 GT 4x4 stance (why?)

Just curious.

What pushed them to give the 2011 such a high stance off of the wheels? It's not an SUV... Wouldn't giving it a 1 inch lower stance still provided plenty of clearance?

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
PONY Member

I'm not sure why Ford does that. I lowered my 2006 an inch and a half and will most likely do the same on my 11. It looks so much nicer and my 2006 handles a lot better.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
GT Member

I'm not sure either, but all the '05- current Mustangs are that way. It is nice in a city full of speedbumps like mine.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
2 words- Chain clearance

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
Apprentice

I suggest it's Ford's way of covering their backsides. Suppose the vehicle was loaded with 4 people and bottomed out resulting in liability issues.

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
PONY Member

There are certain height requirements for the new pedestrian safety regulations too. I'm sure that has something to do with it. Notice how many cars are going to a blunter, more vertical look? That's to keep from launching a Ped over the hood and roof...

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
There are certain height requirements for the new pedestrian safety regulations too. I'm sure that has something to do with it. Notice how many cars are going to a blunter, more vertical look? That's to keep from launching a Ped over the hood and roof...
Isn't that where you *want* to launch them over? It's hard for them to enjoy the view of your car from underneath....

My Mustang is a transformer. Suddenly it has 4 wheel drive, 4 doors and an F-150 badge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page