5.0 Car Length????????? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

5.0 Car Length?????????

Can someone with a 5.0 measure the length for me? I know its silly but I've got a tandem garage and am hoping it will fit with the space I have left. I've seen online the length is supposed to be 188.1 inches but I want to be absolutely sure. (It wouldn't cause me to cancel the order but I want to not have to worry about it).

If someone could break out the tape measure I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
PONY Member

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...g_GT_Specs.pdf

2013 Boss 302
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks. Maybe I'm paranoid but I was hoping for someone to measure it bumper to bumper and tell me how long it was. I'm assuming this is how Ford measures it (the longest point to longest point). I'd like it if someone could tell me how much space I'd need for it.

Anyone willing to humor me for a minute??

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

I would if my car would ever get here . Have you measured the garage yet? Realistically, you dont want the measurement to be so close that you cant trust the published numbers. If ford says 188", I wouldnt park it in a garage under 200".

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy 06 View Post
I would if my car would ever get here . Have you measured the garage yet? Realistically, you dont want the measurement to be so close that you cant trust the published numbers. If ford says 188", I wouldnt park it in a garage under 200".

Yah I've got 198-200 inches to park it in. I'd feel comfortable if it was 195 or less though. This is exactly why I'd like a real world example.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
PONY Member

They aren't going to be off by 6 inches... maybe a couple tenths of an inch, but that would be it. If you want it under 195", you got it.

2011 premium GT. Sterling Grey metalic with Charcoal interior. Roush Axlebacks. Redline hood struts. Shelby GT500 style rims. Smoked side markers. Comfort package with GT coupe Accessories #5. Don't Judge me for the accessories pack, I'm a recovering Ricer...

Other rides:
2011 Mazda CX-7 Touring Turbo
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
PONY Member

Emil, I'd blow that garage up and build a new one! lol! You CANNOT take a chance and scratch your new baby!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice

tell the dealer you want to test drive a 2010 - bring it home and see how it parks
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

If someone measures their car I'll give them a dollar (must come to washington to get it from me)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page