2011 gt 6 speed manual forced upsift - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
pcp
Rookie

Thumbs up 2011 gt 6 speed manual forced upsift

i understand the 2011 manual trans makes you shift to a higher gear if you take it easy on the throttle. can that function be disconnected and can i do it myself?? (meant to say upshift) thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member

Don't think it can be disabled, but I haven't had it happen yet. Don't think it's a huge issue.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member

the tuners will soon be able to bypass the skip shift

2013 Boss 302

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

Don't worry about it. A lot of people, including me, were fretting about this feature when they first heard about it. However, there are several recent threads on this forum about skip shift, and I don't think there has been one person who actually owns the car that says it's a problem, or thinks it needs to be disabled.

2011 GT premium, Red metallic, black interior, 19" wheels, manual transmission, 3.55 ratio, electronics and comfort packages, camera, HID
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

Nope, picked up my car Wed, no problem with skip shift. It hasnt done it once! Ronn

2011 GT 373 Hid Sec Brembo 6spd Race Red
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rONN
Nope, picked up my car Wed, no problem with skip shift. It hasnt done it once! Ronn
I would hate that though. I drive a manual for predictability, and the car deciding to send me to 4th every now and then is not predictability. Tuners need to hurry up with the skip shift delete.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

The idea of skip shift is that if you hold first gear at a low throttle position to a high speed (around 18mph) then it will simply ask you to go to 4th because it thinks you want to cruise at that speed. If you are aggressive on the throttle or somewhat on the throttle it will not ask you to skip to 4th. This feature is VERY common on 6 speed transmissions, look at the Corvette, Camaro, GTO, Firebird etc etc Ad Nauseum.

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularMuscle View Post
The idea of skip shift is that if you hold first gear at a low throttle position to a high speed (around 18mph) then it will simply ask you to go to 4th because it thinks you want to cruise at that speed. If you are aggressive on the throttle or somewhat on the throttle it will not ask you to skip to 4th. This feature is VERY common on 6 speed transmissions, look at the Corvette, Camaro, GTO, Firebird etc etc Ad Nauseum.
I understand the logic behind it fully. I also understand the logic behind safe tunes from the factory, doesnt mean I am going to keep the tune either.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Rookie

I can't stand skip shift. Even if I am driving slow, I like the availability of power that 2nd gear gives me. So with 3.73's I just start in 2nd gear and I don't have to worry about it.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Kona Blue

/ Roush Axleback / Barton Shifter /
Eibach Pro Kit Springs /
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page