Get Rid of It 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
old_goat

This should be interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

There's more power to be had in the tune than in the CAI itself. I'm running a UPR/SCT 93 Octane tune on my 2011 5.0, and it made a huge improvement in power.

SCT X3 Power Flash Tuner 11-13 Mustang 5.0 | UPR

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Apprentice

I have a Blow By Racing (BBR) 93 Octane custom tune and a Steeda CAI. I haven't experienced any other tunes. All I can tell you is there is a very significant difference between stock and my current tune. It feels like a much more aggressive version of the stock car. There is no question that I have gained the claimed 40 or so horsepower and 50 or so ft lbs of torque.

The CAI also sounds awesome sucking up the air. The CAI, the Coyote, and the GT500 Axlebacks really come together to make a beautiful symphony. I have had the car for a little over 2 months and I have not played a note of music in it. The audio system is untouched.

2014 Base GT Black, 6-speed Manual, Tech Package and 3.73 Gears
MODS: GT500 Axlebacks / Cat Delete / Pypes X-Pipe / Strut Tower Brace / OEM leather seats / Black 19" Brembo Wheels / Steeda CAI / BBR 93 Oct Tune / Roush Lowering Springs / BBR Panhard Bar / Whiteline LCAs / Barton Shifter / 8 Ball Shift Knob / JLT Oil Catch Can / Shorty Antenna / RTR Chin Spoiler / CDC Grill / Drilled Rotors / Black Calipers / Hawk HPS PADS

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrishMasher View Post
I have a Blow By Racing (BBR) 93 Octane custom tune and a Steeda CAI. I haven't experienced any other tunes. All I can tell you is there is a very significant difference between stock and my current tune. It feels like a much more aggressive version of the stock car. There is no question that I have gained the claimed 40 or so horsepower and 50 or so ft lbs of torque.

The CAI also sounds awesome sucking up the air. The CAI, the Coyote, and the GT500 Axlebacks really come together to make a beautiful symphony. I have had the car for a little over 2 months and I have not played a note of music in it. The audio system is untouched.
LOL pshhh "a little over 2 months and I have not played a note of music in it"
GT Member

Since your in Ohio why not drive down to Breenspeed for a Dyno Tune? That's what I'm doing.

Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, AED Tuned, Corbeau CR1 seats with Harness, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs, Strano F/R adjustable sway bars, BMR LCA & PHB, Lethal O/R H, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Goodridge SS lines, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill. Mustang Dyno 379 HP & 371 TQ
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

FYI I'm selling my Steeda CAI and SCT X3 flash tuner. It's been in the classified section but I haven't received any responses. C'mon guys.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airaid , boss , cai , cats , coil covers , deletes , emblem , engine bay , intake , power , removal , steeda , tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page