View Poll Results: Ignore Poll
Because I Can't 0 0%
Get Rid of It 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
I have the Steeda too and it's a very high quality piece. Does the JLT make use of the factory front cold air feed according to the picture above?? Hard to tell. If not, That's a huge design error in this day and age and reason to skip. The Steeda will run at ambient temps while underway due to its use of the factory air feed and the air routing design.

Steeda:
Of the 2 shops that are not magazines and or subsidized (that i have read about on various forums), have shown that the JLT is showing a bit more RWHP gains than the steeda.

They are attributing this to the sleaker design. Granted, all dyno runs are done with fans and generally the hood up. Real world gains could fall towards the steeda side given car speed.

The steeda has a bit more of a severe bend.

Both require tuning to use it seems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

AEM just finished making an intake on my car for prototype work. it should be a really legit intake. i saw it and its sexy

2013 Boss 302
PONY Member

What's the price difference with JLT vs Steeda?

PONY Member

jlt

JLT $349 vs Steeda $399. And JLT does use the factory cold air routed through the front bumper.

2004 SY Cobra, Pulley, CAI, Exhaust, Baer Brakes (458 rwhp & 479 rwtq) Projected completion June 2012

2011 RaceRed 5.0 6M; Brembo's, HIDs, Security, & 3.73s; 738 rwhp & 531 rwtq - Sold

2012 Limited Expedition EL
Apprentice

We just completed our long tube headers for the 2011 5.0L and since the sound changes so dramatically with long tubes we have also created a full 3" exhaust to accompany these headers. The mufflers on this 3" system have been tuned to work with our long tubes so you can have a fully integrated "race" system for track days that maximizes performance and sounds great.

Everything we are designing for this platform is modular so you can mix and match to suit your needs.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt310 View Post
AEM just finished making an intake on my car for prototype work. it should be a really legit intake. i saw it and its sexy
Is it going to be a closed box style?

2016 Fastback GT Base model with Performance Package.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
We just completed our long tube headers for the 2011 5.0L and since the sound changes so dramatically with long tubes we have also created a full 3" exhaust to accompany these headers. The mufflers on this 3" system have been tuned to work with our long tubes so you can have a fully integrated "race" system for track days that maximizes performance and sounds great.

Everything we are designing for this platform is modular so you can mix and match to suit your needs.

You have any info on your headers compared to say an ARH or a Kooks? Haven't bought my headers yet, but was planning on using the ARH because of their known high quality. Also, our shop gets a bit of a discount on them.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganador01 View Post
You have any info on your headers compared to say an ARH or a Kooks? Haven't bought my headers yet, but was planning on using the ARH because of their known high quality. Also, our shop gets a bit of a discount on them.

Running the dyno today, will keep you posted.
Rookie

Ok thanks. Checked your website and couldn't find anything. So, I am assuming this is an up and coming product.

Once you get the dyno back, would be interesting to get some specifics.
Apprentice

Quote:
Ok thanks. Checked your website and couldn't find anything. So, I am assuming this is an up and coming product.

Once you get the dyno back, would be interesting to get some specifics.

Yes, both the LT headers and the 3" exhaust to go with will be released shortly. Will let you know the dyno results as soon as we have them. Thanks for your interest.
Rookie

When you say "race system" do you mean to loud for the street?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmastiffs View Post
When you say "race system" do you mean to loud for the street?

Sound ordinances vary from state to state so you can't really correctly make a general statement about the legalities of decibel level. Some states have no ordinances at all which means you can be as loud as you like.

We use the term "race" for systems that are intended to by used exclusively at the race track and do not meet emissions standards for public roads. These systems traditionally make a lot more power than their street legal counterparts, but will not pass the emissions testing required to register your vehicle.

In this case, only the long tube headers are for "race" use only. The 3" exhaust can be used with stock headers to maintain emissions legality. However, the 3" exhaust was designed and intended to accompany the long tube headers.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Rookie

Is this because of the high flow cats? What exactly is making the system non street legal?
Apprentice

Quote:
Is this because of the high flow cats? What exactly is making the system non street legal?

As far as federal laws and The EPA are concerned, high flow cats are just as illegal as no cats at all. So, we remove them altogether because the performance gains are better. Unfortunately, this also makes them illegal for public roads and highways.

The only catalytic converters that are federally legal for your 5.0L Mustang are the same exact cats the car came with, in the same exact locations. If your cats fail, you have to replace them with the same exact part numbers from Ford and put them in exactly the same locations or your car does not meet federal emissions guidelines.

Using anything other than the stock cats does not make sense from a legal perspective
Rookie

Well, I guess most of us "enthusiasts" go by the code as to whether we get caught vs whether its legal.

Can I get a car with high flow cats to pass an emissions test that is 50 states legal? Yep.

Can I get a car with no cats to pass an emissions test that is 50 states legal? I doubt it.

I guess that's where most companies decide to throw on high flow cats versus none at all. It's a case of going around the law as to completely ignoring it. Are high flow cats EPA and CARB approved? Nope. Will you get a ticket if you get caught with them. Yes. I think its 150 per modified cat. Do the 7 dollar an hour techs at most emissions shops check for carb certification on your cats? Not to my knowledge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airaid , boss , cai , cats , coil covers , deletes , emblem , engine bay , intake , power , removal , steeda , tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page