**The Official CAI Mega Thread** - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Ignore Poll
Because I Can't 0 0%
Get Rid of It 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Site Sponsor

Hey, not a problem. We're a blast after the sale, too. No pressure, no pressure....

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I just copied the below quote from the Steeda newsletter: "Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake on an otherwise stock 2011 5.0L Mustang has achieved a blistering 1/4 mile time of 11.96 at over 115mph!" Does anyone buy that?

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
I just copied the below quote from the Steeda newsletter: "Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake on an otherwise stock 2011 5.0L Mustang has achieved a blistering 1/4 mile time of 11.96 at over 115mph!" Does anyone buy that?
They did it but of course more stuff was done but not much heres the vid
YouTube - 11.96 with Steeda cold air, Tune and Nittos only, 2011 Mustang

2016 Fastback GT Base model with Performance Package.

Site Sponsor

Cold air, good launch, well prepped track, and it's a manual. The MPH is spot-on.

The 60ft. time is ridiculous... 1.72 he said? That car should be cutting 1.90 and hitting 12.30's-12.40's.

Our Auto went 11.90 @ 118.49 with a 1.88 60 ft with off-road x-pipe and 4.10's as well. Wish we could hit a 1.72!!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Apprentice

I mean that's an impressive time all the way around, even if it had more done to it than that. But being those mods only just makes ridiculous speed an easily achievable possibility.

2005 Ford Focus ST 2.3L- Focussport Intake, Cosworth Intake Manifold, Cosworth Header and Flex Pipe, Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, FSWerks Tune on X-Cal 2, Hawk pads, stainless brake lines, Quaife LSD, 4.06 Final drive, Exedy clutch and flywheel, KW Variant 1 coilovers, Steeda STS shifter
On a Mustang Forum for fun....
Site Sponsor

We did some testing on ALL of the major cold air intakes for the 2011's today. We did them all in identical temperatures, identical barometric conditions, same dyno, same car, within 20 minutes of each other. We datalogged, showing the SAME timing, SAME air/fuel ratio, etc. The results are very interesting!

Airaid makes the most torque by FAR!

More later

Free Same-Day Shipping!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
We did some testing on ALL of the major cold air intakes for the 2011's today. We did them all in identical temperatures, identical barometric conditions, same dyno, same car, within 20 minutes of each other. We datalogged, showing the SAME timing, SAME air/fuel ratio, etc. The results are very interesting!

More later
Keep us posted please im going to ask my Wife to buy me cai for Christmas i'm having trouble choosing one im leaning towards the Airaid though

Site Sponsor

^ That might be a good idea. Especially, after these results!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Apprentice

Quote:

More later
Is this with the modular venturi tube installed or without, and what does "by far" translate to in numbers?

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium
3.55 | 6MT | Factory 19's | Security Package
Mods: Borla S-type axlebacks, sound, tint, louvers, Epco shift knob, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93 Race tune, Batron shifter and 2 post bracket

The few, the Proud, the 5.0's.....
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11GT4ME View Post
Is this with the modular venturi tube installed or without, and what does "by far" translate to in numbers?
/\ Yes what were the numbers?

Apprentice

Quote:
I've got test results showing 4 major manufacturers of CAI's for 2011 Mustang GT's putting down within 3RWHP of each other consistently, with identical tuning other than MAF calibration for that intake. We did a ton of testing, and there isn't one intake that really stands out by that far. Actually, the airaid made the most power a few pulls in a row. It's also the largest diameter throughout, it seems. Again, they were all so close, there isn't an intake that stands out. That's going to make the market interesting
Chris, have you guys had a chance to test the JLT CAI? There are other posts here that have claimed 42-43 rwhp gains with the JLT+tune...any thoughts or actual experience with it?
Site Sponsor

We test the airaid with the insert out.

As for the JLT, it did VERY well low end, it stood out quite a bit from the rest. Peak (top end), it was about the same as the Steeda and C&L. The airaid was only slightly ahead of the pack top end (peak), not enough to brag about.. maybe 1-3 hp. However, the mid-range the air-aid walked on the rest of the competition in regards to torque.

The Airaid and JLT came out on top in multiple tests.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Rookie

This is all good news. Are you guys going to start carrying JLT kits for 11 Mustangs soon? I really wanted to purchase from you guys but ran our of patience so went I ahead and got mine elsewhere couple weeks ago. But I'm sure many other customers who haven't purchased a CAI will be interested.

William

2011 GT in Sterling Gray
Factory Options: 400A Premium | 3.73+MT | Brembo Package | HID+Security Package | Comfort Package | Rearview camera
Mods: BAMA 92 Octane Race tune w/JLT carbon fiber CAI
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty Geezer View Post
This is all good news. Are you guys going to start carrying JLT kits for 11 Mustangs soon? I really wanted to purchase from you guys but ran our of patience so went I ahead and got mine elsewhere couple weeks ago. But I'm sure many other customers who haven't purchased a CAI will be interested.

William
ask and you/they shall receive, I ordered mine from them, OUSTANDING customer service, received the box 3 days from the time it shipped.

JLT Carbon Fiber CAI and SF3 Tuner (2011 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

2011 IS 5.0 6MT 3.55's
Apprentice

Quote:
We test the airaid with the insert out.

As for the JLT, it did VERY well low end, it stood out quite a bit from the rest. Peak (top end), it was about the same as the Steeda and C&L. The airaid was only slightly ahead of the pack top end (peak), not enough to brag about.. maybe 1-3 hp. However, the mid-range the air-aid walked on the rest of the competition in regards to torque.

The Airaid and JLT came out on top in multiple tests.
What kind of numbers did you achieve your tune(s) + JLT (and Airaid)? Did you get numbers in the 42-43 rwhp range? If not, what kind of numbers did you acheive?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airaid , boss , cai , cats , coil covers , deletes , emblem , engine bay , intake , power , removal , steeda , tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page