**The Official CAI Mega Thread** - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Ignore Poll
Because I Can't 0 0%
Get Rid of It 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

i notice that only steeda specifies between an auto or manual for their cold air intake tuner combos. i have an auto and wonder will the same airaid air intake tuner combo work on either a manual or auto?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Site Sponsor

The rest of the intakes on the market will work for manual or automatic. It's only the difference of an extra hose. If it's a manual, this hose just gets capped off. If it's an automatic, than the provision is there for you to use it. Steeda sells two different part numbers so that you don't have to cap it off or uncap it.

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by locotone07 View Post
What kind of numbers did you achieve your tune(s) + JLT (and Airaid)? Did you get numbers in the 42-43 rwhp range? If not, what kind of numbers did you acheive?
Throughout the curve, yes. Peak numbers you will be hard-pressed to get those figures. You should be a tad over 400RWHP with a manual and just a tad under 400RWHP with an auto. I think our numbers were like 387-393RWHP with our Auto.

Free Same-Day Shipping!

Apprentice

thanks chris! will be buying the airaid next month along with the tuner. which tunes do i receive? do i have to specify which octane i will use and if i want street or race tune?
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locotone07 View Post
What kind of numbers did you achieve your tune(s) + JLT (and Airaid)? Did you get numbers in the 42-43 rwhp range? If not, what kind of numbers did you acheive?
The thing is BBR who posted these #'s said they were posting dyno sheets a week ago but have yet to do so. Dont believe the hype. VMP and AM are the only ones who have posted realistic #'s when it comes to tune and CAI. Going from 93-93 you are looking to gain 20-30 rwhp with tune and CAI depending what intake you choose.

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Throughout the curve, yes. Peak numbers you will be hard-pressed to get those figures. You should be a tad over 400RWHP with a manual and just a tad under 400RWHP with an auto. I think our numbers were like 387-393RWHP with our Auto.
Any tests ever run with 91 Octane fuel for the poor CA drivers ?:

2011 Sterling Gray Premium GT, Stone leather, Auto, 3.73, Comfort, Camera, Security, Polished Alum Wheels, Valentine-1, K & N drop in air filter, BAMA 91 Race Tune, Koni STR.T, Steeda Sport Springs, UMI PHB, GT 500 mounts. Delivered 10/10/10
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08DarkCandyGT View Post
Going from 93-93 you are looking to gain 20-30 rwhp with tune and CAI depending what intake you choose.
This is exactly right. 20-30 RWHP depending on octane and the air intake that you decide to install.

Many people are only seeing the small peak gains, and missing that they're gaining this 20-30RWHP throughout the curve. Many companies are taking the low-end gains, which are as high as 40RWHP (only for a few hundred RPM at very low RPM 2000-2500ish) and calling that the gains. It's not a fair assessment.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Apprentice

I have a question: Why are the HP/Torque numbers considerably less under 2,100 rpm's WITH the Airaid installed than the stock numbers?? This is my main concern since the bulk of my driving is under 2,000 rpm's, and it is also where the Mustang needs the power boost the most! https://www.airaid.com/Documents/Dyn...264%20dyno.jpg

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Black on Black, 6MT, 3.55 Gears, Security Package
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInNY View Post
I have a question: Why are the HP/Torque numbers considerably less under 2,100 rpm's WITH the Airaid installed than the stock numbers?? This is my main concern since the bulk of my driving is under 2,000 rpm's, and it is also where the Mustang needs the power boost the most! https://www.airaid.com/Documents/Dyn...264%20dyno.jpg
thats a pre tuned dyno, with a tune, you'll make significantly more torque throughout the powerband.

2011 IS 5.0 6MT 3.55's
Site Sponsor

^ Exactly what he said...

Plus, they probably rolled into it and weren't wide open throttle right away. It takes the vehicle a second or two for the load to spike and the air to start flowing. You're trying to fill a much larger diameter intake tube. You might lose a tad of that low end power and torque, but the second the stock intake becomes a restriction (Which you can see this case is about 2500RPM) you'll make power.

The tune (taking out the no-tune insert on the intake) is going to make up for that in leaps and bounds. We gained TONS of power low end because of factory timing flaws.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Rookie

Quote:
^ Exactly what he said...

Plus, they probably rolled into it and weren't wide open throttle right away. It takes the vehicle a second or two for the load to spike and the air to start flowing. You're trying to fill a much larger diameter intake tube. You might lose a tad of that low end power and torque, but the second the stock intake becomes a restriction (Which you can see this case is about 2500RPM) you'll make power.

The tune (taking out the no-tune insert on the intake) is going to make up for that in leaps and bounds. We gained TONS of power low end because of factory timing flaws.
Chris what do you think about the new BBK CAI for the 2011 GT they are claiming 16HP without a tune. Will you be offering this CAI in a tune package also ?

2011 Mustang GT Auto, Yellow Blaze Black, OTT Race stripe,CS front facia,GT 500 rear facia,Roush axelback exhaust,Roush side splitters
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papi's pony View Post
Chris what do you think about the new BBK CAI for the 2011 GT they are claiming 16HP without a tune. Will you be offering this CAI in a tune package also ?
We're actually in the middle of working on testing this. We've been following the BBK release for a few months now. It's good to see it finally on the home stretch.

16RWHP is a little fishy - I expect it to follow along the lines of everyone elses @ 8-13RWHP.

Many times CAI manufacturers try and tell you about how ridiculously different their design is than the next (that's not directed at BBK, but in general) when they're all going to perform nearly identical.

We have some tests that are on the way that will help alot of this out.

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Rookie

Quote:
We're actually in the middle of working on testing this. We've been following the BBK release for a few months now. It's good to see it finally on the home stretch.

16RWHP is a little fishy - I expect it to follow along the lines of everyone elses @ 8-13RWHP.

Many times CAI manufacturers try and tell you about how ridiculously different their design is than the next (that's not directed at BBK, but in general) when they're all going to perform nearly identical.

We have some tests that are on the way that will help alot of this out.
Thanks Chris, looking forward to the final numbers for me it comes down to the Air raid tune or if somehow BBK can pull something off here with their new CAI they might be able to squeeze out a little more power but I'm sure when all is said and done that the numbers will be practically identical if not better for the air raid. This will be my next mod when I pull it out of storage this spring.

2011 Mustang GT Auto, Yellow Blaze Black, OTT Race stripe,CS front facia,GT 500 rear facia,Roush axelback exhaust,Roush side splitters
Site Sponsor

It should be interesting, I'm excited!

Free Same-Day Shipping!
PONY Member

What are the results after tune of the insert in versus the insert out? Any dyno testing of this?

Ford Racing K-springs & dampeners. UPR Street adjustable UCA. UMI LCA & bolt in relocation brackets. Comp Eng. panhard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airaid , boss , cai , cats , coil covers , deletes , emblem , engine bay , intake , power , removal , steeda , tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page