Borla exhaust is out? anyone try it? - Page 39 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I agree! I originally went with a straight muffler delete on mine, not sure what I was thinking but that was way to obnoxious and had a drone at 2000 RMPs that rattled my fillings. I replaced this setup with the s-types and they are outstanding, they sound quiet if you're just cruising along but get on it and they come to life making the GT sound like the muscle car it is. The tone is great, the only term I can think to describe it is "refined", which doesn't sound like the right description for a snarl like that, but it's the only one I can think of. Excellent work Borla!

Black 2011 GT Premium, 401A Rapid Spec, 3.73
BAMA Street Tune, Borla S-Type Exhaust, Hotchkis TVS Stage 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I purchased borla for my new 13' and it sounds good when you crank it and when shifting through the gears especially from 1-3 but I just didnt get the entire feel that I needed so I added the magnaflow x-pipe with cat delete to give the car some rasp effect and IMO the car sounds like those mustangs you always wanted as a kid- you know what im talking about, the ones that make you think- that car was built right! And everytime it revs it just gives you chills!

My $0.02..

2013 Mustang GT SGM - Track Pack and Recaro Seats
Order Date: 7/17/12
VIN Date: 8/13/12
Sticker: 8/22/12
Build Date: 9/10/12
1st ETA: 9/22/12, 2nd ETA: 9/28/12 ARRIVED: 9/27/2012!!!
Mods to come: Boss Intake Manifold, Steeda CAI +Tune, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, Borla S-Type Axle Back exhaust.
Apprentice
Classic Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wings
Borla S type on 2013 Gt

Great sound, I installed the Borla S Type axle back on my 2013 Gt and it sounds great,
at low RPM the sound is deep and not too loud. However, once you com on to it the sound is much louder. I wanted something with a nice sound with no highway groan and this is what you get with the Borla S type great sound without being Obnoxious. Thank you Borla...

Mustangs Rule
Wings, 67 GTA FB, 390, 504hp, Long tube headers, 2 1/2 inch stainless exhaust with Magnaflow and side cut-outs, 4 wheel disc brakes,
2013 GT 6 Speed, Barton shifter, 373 Torsen, Ricaro Seats, Brembo Brakes, brake cooling ducts, stainless braded brake lines, Steeda lowering springs & upper strut mounts, Borla axle back

Apprentice

Kollar Racing hooked me up with Borla Touring axel backs...they should be in tommorrow...I feel like a kid at Christmas
Rookie

Has anyone used the Borla S Catback system with the BOSS 302 quad H pipe? Im considering doing away with the stock H pipe and slowly building my own BOSS (for just about 3K I can get the full intake, tuner and exhaust system).

I know both are 2.75" pipes but I wondered if the quad H pipe sits at the same connecting point as the borla X pipe would.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlash99 View Post
Has anyone used the Borla S Catback system with the BOSS 302 quad H pipe? Im considering doing away with the stock H pipe and slowly building my own BOSS (for just about 3K I can get the full intake, tuner and exhaust system).

I know both are 2.75" pipes but I wondered if the quad H pipe sits at the same connecting point as the borla X pipe would.

2013 Mustang GT Boss Quad Exhaust with Borla S-Type - YouTube

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...axlebacks.html
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Anybody else have a whistle on the highway? Theres no drone but with the radio down low its enough to drive ya nuts. It only happens in 6th gear with partial throttle at cruising speeds.

2012 GT 6MT 3.73 - JLT - Borla - Axel Exchange - BMR - BAMA93H - Accufab - Steeda
Rookie

Borla exhaust at a bargain!

Like many of us, I've been watching countless YouTube exhaust videos and reading "drone/rasp/rumble" reviews of tons of axle back systems to upgrade my 2013 GT. The consensus is that the factory GT500 exhaust is the way to go if price is a major factor. While on eBay I noticed a Borla system #11797 which is the touring exhaust for a 2011-2012 GT500. I called Borla and confirmed that it would fit on a 2011-2014 GT without issue. The rep said that it may sound slightly different because it was designed for the GT500. I decided why not? Everybody is bolting on factory GT500 exhaust and enjoys the sound-- so why not try Borla's version. Ebay had it for was around 450.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable...until I found it on Amazon Warehause Deals in a damaged box for $289.00 delivered! Amazon has a great return policy so I took a chance and ordered it. Arrived in two days in immaculate condition! Just finished the install on my GT and I couldn't be happier. Really deep rumble on idle and deceleration with awesome clean sound overall and no drone at any speed. These 11797s are getting cheaper perhaps because they're not quite enough for the GT 500 guys? I assure you they sound incredible on a GT. If you can find them cheap-- get em! You won't be disappointed.
Apprentice

I tossed an S-type catback with a JTL CAI and BAMA tune on my '13 GT and this is the way a (modern) mustang should sound. I tried Magnapacks and flowmaster. They're not bad but the drone with both were killing me. The Borla has absolutely no drone whatsoever and the unique sound is just perfect. No, not cheap but for me worth every penny.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubafrog125 View Post
Like many of us, I've been watching countless YouTube exhaust videos and reading "drone/rasp/rumble" reviews of tons of axle back systems to upgrade my 2013 GT. The consensus is that the factory GT500 exhaust is the way to go if price is a major factor. While on eBay I noticed a Borla system #11797 which is the touring exhaust for a 2011-2012 GT500. I called Borla and confirmed that it would fit on a 2011-2014 GT without issue. The rep said that it may sound slightly different because it was designed for the GT500. I decided why not? Everybody is bolting on factory GT500 exhaust and enjoys the sound-- so why not try Borla's version. Ebay had it for was around 450.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable...until I found it on Amazon Warehause Deals in a damaged box for $289.00 delivered! Amazon has a great return policy so I took a chance and ordered it. Arrived in two days in immaculate condition! Just finished the install on my GT and I couldn't be happier. Really deep rumble on idle and deceleration with awesome clean sound overall and no drone at any speed. These 11797s are getting cheaper perhaps because they're not quite enough for the GT 500 guys? I assure you they sound incredible on a GT. If you can find them cheap-- get em! You won't be disappointed.
Same performance gains for the Coyote as the Condor/Trinity?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 5.0 Performance White Premuim 3.73 6spd manual HID Heated Seats bone stock (for now)
9/2010 build date
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page