Borla exhaust is out? anyone try it? - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
Why are those numbers so low? Time to research DynoDynamics vs. ??? A graph would be nice too.

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Borla vs Stock Dyno
Video says removed By user... Did you pull it or did Borla make you pull it??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
Why are those numbers so low? Time to research DynoDynamics vs. ??? A graph would be nice too.

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Borla vs Stock Dyno
what were the numbers? i didnt see the vid before it got pulled. i wasnt expecting more than 7-10 hp increase as the stock exhaust seems to be pretty free flowing.

2011 Mustang GT Premium | Blk/Blk | 6-speed manual | 3.73s | Brembos | HIDs | Timex Mod from factory |
Apprentice

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
Mr. Borla, I was wondering if you might be able to give me a bit of advice. I keep going back and forth between the touring and the s-type exhaust. I live in a neighborhood with lots of babies and small children and I often leave for work before the sun comes up. I am looking for an exhaust system that isn't a whole lot louder than stock under 2000 rpm (that is I don't want to wake up the sleeping babies), but I want something that is pretty loud under hard acceleration compared to stock. What do you suggest for me? Thank you for making such awesome exhaust systems over the years (my last Borla exhaust was on a 94 Camaro Z28 and it sounded incredible!).

2011 Mustang GT, 577 rwhp 475 ft-lbs
Grabber Blue
, 6spd mannual, Brembos, 3.73s, HID, security pack, 401A interior, GT500 spoiler and California Special/BOSS 302 front fascia.

Roush Phase II supercharger kit with CAI, Steeda custom dyno tune, STEEDA TRI-AX short shifter, Eibach pro kit springs, KONI STR.T shocks and struts, BMR panhard bar and camber bolts, JLT oil separator, Mickey Thompson street comp performance radials (255/285 19s), Velgen VMB5 gun metal wheels, and Borla S-Type axle back exhaust.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweems10 View Post
what were the numbers? i didnt see the vid before it got pulled. i wasnt expecting more than 7-10 hp increase as the stock exhaust seems to be pretty free flowing.

Everything I have read has said ford did such a good job on this exhaust even ford is having a hard time getting more power out of the exhaust for the 2012 boss, they are tuning the exhaust for more sound though, the numbers on Dynos vary greatly, you can even get different numbers on the same dyno on different days, I wouldn't worry to much about the numbers compared to other dynos, I would only be concerned with the numbers on that dyno with stock and aftermarket exhausts, hopefully done in real close to the same weather conditions as well

My concern is, will I loose low end torque by enlarging the diameter of the H pipe, when you put bigger exhausts on, usually you have to do some real mods to the engine to see more HP

I wish I still worked in a shop with a Dyno and had some cash to blow,

Maybe the next place we are looking to buy could include a dyno (big grin)

2011 Race Red Gt Convertible Premium 401a, Auto, Electronics package, Comfort Package,
NO NO DON'T BACK UP Cam
PONY Member

Mr Borla,

I don't see the 2011 V6 ATAK axle back systems on your website anymore? Any reason why that system's been removed?

2011 Mustang 3.7 V6 Auto Ingot Silver Metallic w/black stripes,
Rapid Spec 101A w/Tape Stripe delete
2.73 Gears
Borla ATAK AxleBacks

I would like to see the dyno results compared for the full catback and the axlebacks. also, if you only do the axleback, how much different is the sound compared to the full catback setup?

thanks
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scparts View Post
Guys,

I pulled the original video with the dyno numbers because most folks did not understand the difference between the dyno dynamics dyno and a dynojet dyno....everyone was freaked out about the baseline numbers. DynoDynamic dynos run about 19-23% less than Dynojet dynos and when folks saw the 349 baseline they freaked out
....All I did was convert the results to Dynojet numbers and repost.....

Net -net is a 7-10hp gain is about what you can expect....

Thanks,

Jim
Guilty as charged on the freaking out part. After a little research I found out why they call the DynoDynamic dyno the "heartbreak dyno" apologies for the confusion.

Now where is my order

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
PONY Member

Axle back Borla ATAK

Just an FYI...I had posted this on a thread in 2011 Mustang Talk...here are a few little sound clips I made for those who had asked. Sorry for the camera shake... wife wiggled a bit during the inside shots. BTW- the exhaust makes the drive much more fun!!!:laughlitt

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT with Borla ATAK

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm interested in the Touring Axle Back exhaust, has anyone heard it in real life yet?

On a side note, I did some web surfing and it looks like the cheapest Borla distributor is Borla 11790 Borla 2011 Mustang GT Touring Axle-Back - 11790. Even with the 10% additional discount that they were offering, southern car parts is still more expensive...
http://www.southerncarparts.com/borla-2011-mustang-touring-exhaust-rear-section-p-3246.html

It doesn't look like there are a lot of Borla distributors, but I expected the prices to be a little closer to each other. I'm all for free enterprise, but when someone is going to gouge me, I'll head for the exit (nice anchoring reference earlier btw!). Has anyone seen them going elsewhere for cheaper? I'm not in a rush, have to get a canned tune first and possibly a CAI...

2011 Kona Blue GT
Apprentice

Well i wouldnt necessarily bash southern since their prices are higher.. They were one of the first to carry the exhaust as it was. I am sure we will see a variety of pricing as more vendors start carrying them. On a brighter note though, great find and great price!!
PONY Member

Just purchased the Touring axle back from Auto Anything for $631.58. They are have a 10% discount and Free Shipping if you enter ACTNOW in the coupon box. I think this is a good deal if anyone is interested.
Steve

One question I just thought of. Does anyone know the weight of the 3 Borla system mufflers vs the stock cans. I think there is a savings there too but would like to confirm. Thanks
Steve

6 Piston GT500 Brembos, 3.55, 6 speed manual, Sparco Ergo seat, Ford Racing Sparco race steering wheel, Koni Yellows, Boss 302S WC splitter, GT500 rear axle cover, Differential cooler, Cobra Jet Intake, Boss Graphics, Setrab 934 Air to Oil Setrab cooler, M-2004-MB brake cooling kit, Ford rotors, Carbotech XP24/XP20 pads, M-5300-P springs, FRRP Laguna Seca 19x9, 19x10 wheels, GT500 axlebacks, ARH 1 7/8" Headers/3" X-Pipe, Ford Racing SCJ throttle body, Ford Racing CJ CAI, AED tune.

Last edited by Snackmaster; 06-17-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: merged back to back posts
Apprentice

Quote:
Guys, I know a ton of you are waiting on your systems to ship. Borla gave me an update yesterday and all my systems are shipping out tomorrow. Everyone should start seeing their orders arrive next week....

Thanks for all your patience,

Jim

Jim, I love your videos you've posted on the ATAK and S-Type exhaust systems. I remember seeing a post from you mentioning you're working on a video of the Touring system as well. I'd love to be able to see the Touring one before I decide between Touring and S-Type, any idea when your video will be up on YouTube?

2011 Mustang GT, 577 rwhp 475 ft-lbs
Grabber Blue
, 6spd mannual, Brembos, 3.73s, HID, security pack, 401A interior, GT500 spoiler and California Special/BOSS 302 front fascia.

Roush Phase II supercharger kit with CAI, Steeda custom dyno tune, STEEDA TRI-AX short shifter, Eibach pro kit springs, KONI STR.T shocks and struts, BMR panhard bar and camber bolts, JLT oil separator, Mickey Thompson street comp performance radials (255/285 19s), Velgen VMB5 gun metal wheels, and Borla S-Type axle back exhaust.
Rookie

i am looking for an axel-back setup and am trying to decide between the s-type and atak. which one of the 2 is considered to be the more "aggressive" or "loud" version? borla's site says the atak is the loudest, whereas Jim says on his website that the s-type is the loudest and most aggressive. my 5.0 is a daily driver so i don't really want a system that's meant for a weekend car or car show car. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2011 Mustang GT Premium. Ingot silver, 6spd auto, comfort package, HID's w/security package, 19 inch machined wheels.
SVT GT500 axle back system, GT500 Over-the-Axle pipes, Boss 302 Side Exhaust, Hoen fog light bulbs, JLT catch can, blacked out running Mustang pony in grill
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Guys, I know a ton of you are waiting on your systems to ship. Borla gave me an update yesterday and all my systems are shipping out tomorrow. Everyone should start seeing their orders arrive next week....

Thanks for all your patience,

Jim
Jim, I ordered mine 2 days ago and they are now sitting in my garage. That's a pretty good turn around time my friend. Now if that dang Mustang would just get here

2011 GT Preminum, Red Candy Metallic, 4.10, Electronics, Rear View, Comfort, Security, Borla, 20" Saleen, FRPP springs, CS front valance w/fogs, Roush billet grille, Roush TVS 625hp, Kooks LT's and Catted H Pipe, Tremec Magumn XL, McLeod RXT, AutoMeter Gauges, Dynotech DS, Steeda adjustable UCA, Steeda adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA's, Steeda A/O Separator, Tokico D-Specs, Raptor Shift Light, engine by Shrader Performance, Tune by ProDyno, 643rwhp, 548lb/ft tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page