Digital speedometer display on 2011 Mustang GT? - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquill1 View Post
Perhaps I should have clarified myself, I paid $1,100 less out the door for the car. Do the math.
Ouch! If you paid $1100 less on that car you paid way too much. Even Ford was doing $2500 deals and dealers were throwing in another $1500 to move those slugs....do the math..

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

iwanagofast2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Ouch! If you paid $1100 less on that car you paid way too much. Even Ford was doing $2500 deals and dealers were throwing in another $1500 to move those slugs....do the math..
finally someone in here who has their head screwed on straight

Rookie

would you guys take this **** offline. thanks

iwanagofast2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
would you guys take this **** offline. thanks
hey roach, why dont you drink a big glass of shut the **** up
Apprentice

I've not used an analog speedo in quite some time. Since buying my 2011 Mustang GT, it has been hard for me to read the thing. 35, 45 and so on look like 30 and 40 to me. Also, I like seeing actual numbers for temps and so on. I've just ordered another ScanGauge II. I have one in my 1996 Dodge truck, my son drives that now, and he likes using the one in there. So I will have one for the Mustang here soon. You can set it up to read just about anything the on-board computer is keeping track of. With the 2011's new PCM, I'm not sure which or what gauges on the SCII will work. But I'm going to find out today when I connect the one from my son's truck to my Stang.

Don't tell me you've sold me a Sports car, but want to complain when I drive it that way.
iwanagofast2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXFrank View Post
I've not used an analog speedo in quite some time. Since buying my 2011 Mustang GT, it has been hard for me to read the thing. 35, 45 and so on look like 30 and 40 to me. Also, I like seeing actual numbers for temps and so on. I've just ordered another ScanGauge II. I have one in my 1996 Dodge truck, my son drives that now, and he likes using the one in there. So I will have one for the Mustang here soon. You can set it up to read just about anything the on-board computer is keeping track of. With the 2011's new PCM, I'm not sure which or what gauges on the SCII will work. But I'm going to find out today when I connect the one from my son's truck to my Stang.
All generic codes remained the same on 2011 Fords, you shouldn't have a problem reading any of them. Although the non-generic codes have been changed. But a scan gauge won't read anything but generics.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I wish Ford has a Heads up display like GM.
Miss that feature.

Too many car's, not enough time.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXFrank View Post
I have the same troubles as you. I find it very frustrating Ford only shows the MPH in debug mode. I maybe have to get a ScanGauge II and I would appreciate a reply on how it works.

Where do you plan to mount it?

Thanks
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanagofast2010 View Post
finally someone in here who has their head screwed on straight
It's too bad your idea of straight is actually cockeyed in comparison to the rest of the general public...

You crack me up, you prove my points every time you respond. It is quite comical!

Back on topic...

I never really cared for heads up display in GM cars, it's a novel idea but it gets irritating when driving for extended periods of time.
PONY Member

Quote:
I had missed this one. Lets get started,this is the price diffference on the sticker between a 2010 and a 2011 GT...... 0.00 you paid 1,100 dollars less out the door and went out the door with a slow ass mustang. 2011 V6 would have saved you alot more cash, and got you better fuel economy. it would also be newer and cost THOUSANDS less. Maybe you didn't do as good of research as you thought.
You obviously haven't driven a 2010 gt or 2011 v6.

BTW, I enjoy my "slow ass mustang" every time I drive it.
Rookie

Quote:
hey roach, why dont you drink a big glass of shut the **** up

LOL, okay buddy
iwanagofast2010

Quote:
It's too bad your idea of straight is actually cockeyed in comparison to the rest of the general public...

You crack me up, you prove my points every time you respond. It is quite comical!

Back on topic...

I never really cared for heads up display in GM cars, it's a novel idea but it gets irritating when driving for extended periods of time.
GM does offer the option to disable the heads up display.:laughlitt
iwanagofast2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobob View Post
I have the same troubles as you. I find it very frustrating Ford only shows the MPH in debug mode. I maybe have to get a ScanGauge II and I would appreciate a reply on how it works.

Where do you plan to mount it?

Thanks
Get a dashdaq if you want to datalog your vehicle, it mounts on your windshield and the wire can be easily hid on a mustang. Just have to watch where the obd data port connects, it faces down and can easily be hit when getting into the car.
iwanagofast2010

Quote:
You obviously haven't driven a 2010 gt or 2011 v6.

BTW, I enjoy my "slow ass mustang" every time I drive it.
I've driven both. That's why I have a 2011 GT! Have YOU driven a 5.0 lately:?:
PONY Member

Quote:
I've driven both. That's why I have a 2011 GT! Have YOU driven a 5.0 lately:?:
Yup and wasn't impressed with the automatic or the exhaust note (wont be going automatic so it doesn't matter.) I'll be ordering one soon enough, but I'd still be happy with a 2010 all over again regardless of the bump in power (as long as the car was several thousand less than a 2011.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page