Digital speedometer display on 2011 Mustang GT? - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquill1 View Post
No, I just talk down to you hating on the 2010. The exhaust in the 2010 that I test drove was very very quiet, I drove both back-to-back and the 2011 was too quiet (perhaps it is the difference between manual/auto.) Others have felt the same way about the exhaust.
I wholeheartedly agree. My dad has a '10 GT and the I have an '11 GT. We lined them up side by side, turned them on and then listened to both of them from outside of the cars. The '10 GT 3V is very obviously louder than my 5.0 is. The 5.0 *is* too quiet. The sound quality of the 4.6 is better, IMO, as well. It's deeper and has more bass.

I remedied that by switching to a set of GT500 ABs.

You don't care when my car was built or what options it has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioi View Post
I wish Ford has a Heads up display like GM.
Miss that feature.
This!
I love the HUD on my buddy's GTP.

Also, why it seems very cool to have a digital readout of your speed, I can't figure out how so many people have such a hard time reading these gauges.
For me, they're big, bright, and very easy to tell how fast I'm going.

This is a normal operating characteristic for your vehicle.
Apprentice

Great info, thank you!

Rookie

all this and we still don't have a tire pressure readout???! wtf?!
crjackson2134 likes this.

2013 GT Base | Deep Impact Blue | Tan Interior | 6MT | 3.55
18x9 Drifts | Flowmaster Pro-Series | JLT Oil Catch
Apprentice

on 2013 just hold the ok button when go to accessory position. Good stuff

PONY Member

Those of you with the Nav option in your mustangs can hold down the 3&6 buttons for a few seconds while stopped, and you can access all sorts of other tests and diagnostics... including one which will display fault codes!

Just... beware the speaker test at the beginning. If you're not ready for it, it'll scare the crap out of you. You've been warned. You can cancel it via touch-button at the bottom right corner of the screen.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
5POINTO

Still no way for the digital speedo to stay without having to turn it on everytime?
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Still no way for the digital speedo to stay without having to turn it on everytime?
Simply put, nope. Sorry. Your only option if you want constant digital speedo is an aftermarket setup - either GPS or a bluetooth OBD2 scanner setup/phone app combo. GPS is both simpler and, generally, more accurate. The phone/OBD2 combo gives you a lot more functionality, though. Torque is a great app for Android.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
PONY Member

I built this using a Garmin dash mount and an iPhone holster clip. I mounted a ram ball on the back of the holster and used a female to female connector to attach it to the Garmin mount.

I use the phone as a hud and GPS and having it on the dash keeps it in my line of sight instead of looking down.

You can get the dash mount and iPhone clip for this at Best Buy and ramball adapter from ram.

The Dude Abides.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I've tried and tried, my car will not do this feature!! Its a base model. I wonder if my FRPP tune somehow locked out or disabled access to it?

Rookie

Garage
My new 2014 V-6 Premium could definitely use this as an option, especially with all the speed trap little towns here on the Oregon coast. When they post 30 MPH, it better be 30 MPH!!
Apprentice

Works perfectly on my 2013, I've been wanting this for a while!

2013 Sterling Gray GT/CS - |On3 Performance Twin Turbo|| E85 tuned by Sai Li||MGW Race Spec||Boss 302 Intake||Corsa GT500 Sport Exhaust||3.73 Gears|| BMR UCA||BMR LCA's|| BMR DriveShaft Loop||Shaftmasters One-Piece||19x9.5 TSW Nurburgring Gunmetal With 275/35 Goodyear SuperCar F1's||30% Tint All The Way Around|
#805/2998 2013 GT/CS.
1/397 Sterling Grey
Rookie

Garage
It would seem that if enough of us sent in an engineering complaint to Ford Corporate, we may be able to get them to release a software fix/update. I already have. I don't give a damn about the track mode data on my display. (I drive my 2014 like an old lady). All the track mode data is digitally derived, so the speed data is there, they just need to program the display to show speed instead of the fancy pony in the middle of the console.
Rookie

Garage
Digital display:speed, on 2014 Mustang Premium

I just found this info on another thread. If you hold down the OK button on the left hand side of the steering wheel, then turn key on, you will enter into Engineering test mode. go thru several screens (maybe 10?) you get to digital speed display.

As in the older models, this is reset when you turn off the key.

If all this data is there, why don't they give us the option to customize our display? Happy customers mean more sales!!!!
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Ebonics and all. great post!
lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page