Digital speedometer display on 2011 Mustang GT? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Digital speedometer display on 2011 Mustang GT?

Just saw this vid on YouTube and what caught my eye was the speed digitally displayed below the tach.
YouTube - 2011 mustang gt 5.0 0-100mph
Is this something I can set up to display on my car, or is it an option I didn't get? Or maybe it's from another year? Or maybe it's only available on the American version of the GT? Any ideas?

2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Sterling Gray Metallic, Black leather, 6-spd manual w/3.73 rear end, Brembo brakes, Navigation/Electronics, HID, Security, Hood scoop, spoiler. KCCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
V6 Member

What the heck! I'd love to have that

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"
Apprentice
S197 Member

I found this:

Mustangworld HEC Instrument Cluster Diagnostics

and this:

http://www.paladinmicro.com/PalMFrame00.htm?wks=hec

I haven't had a chance to try it or anything...

I'll try to remember to try it later.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible, Race Red, Black Top, Charcoal Leather, Auto, Pony Package, Security System
Ordered 04/12, Window Sticker 06/04, Built 06/09, On a Train 06/11,
ETA 06/26, Delivered 06/26, Picked up 06/29

Apprentice

What the deuce? Digital speedo.... That would be kind of nice. Sure sounds like a '11 GT... But might not be.

'11 GT Convertible Premium, Auto, Sterling Gray, 19"Aluminum Wheels. Roush Axel-Back
Past: 2007 GT Conv. Prem, Auto, Redfire clearcoat
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to ptc559
Any more info on this
It looks nice...

2012 V6 Kona Blue, 3.31, Auto, Pony Package, Comfort Package, backup sensor

Mods: Tint, C&L CAI, FRPP Sport Axel-back, Billet Chrome interior accents, side scoops
Mods Coming Soon:
GT500 suspension, GT/CS Spoiler, window louvers, Tune
PONY Member

dang i want this. we gota figure out how to do it

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
PONY Member

Ill try those instructions out tonight....

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rider View Post
I found this:

Mustangworld HEC Instrument Cluster Diagnostics

and this:

PaladinMicro

I haven't had a chance to try it or anything...

I'll try to remember to try it later.

Thank You Red_Rider
I tried it this afternoon as per the instructions from your link to Mustangworld and it worked just like in the YouTube vid, very cool. Only problem is the message centre reverts back to its original configuration when you turn off the ignition. But it's very easy to start up again once you get the hang of it.
Thanks again.....

2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Sterling Gray Metallic, Black leather, 6-spd manual w/3.73 rear end, Brembo brakes, Navigation/Electronics, HID, Security, Hood scoop, spoiler. KCCO
PONY Member

Me too. Checked it out. Gives long string of diagnostic info, with "Vehicle Speed" one of the items, digitally displayed to 0.1 mph. Wish it were one of the regular display options, since the analog speedometer is hard to read accurately.

Too much bother to do on regular basis, but maybe worth it for a long highway trip where you want to set cruise spot on? Maybe not.

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
Apprentice

How do you do this with a new mustang. I don't have a trip button. It's in the little digital menu.
post #11 of 121 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin246 View Post
How do you do this with a new mustang. I don't have a trip button. It's in the little digital menu.
It's the Reset button on the dash.

GT Member

As said by others, this would be great if it stayed after the ignition was shut down. No way I'm doing it each time I start up.
Rookie

It's called engineering test mode, you have to told the two right buttons down as you start the vehicle, and then release once you see the words "engineering test mode" on the display. You then press the far right button (I don't remember whether it's menu or info) until you get to vehicle speed (mph). It also has a digital readout for the tachometer, engine temp, intake temp, coolant temp, ignition sequence, etc. Pretty useful tool, if you know not to tamper with anything which isn't in plain english
I used the digital mph readout during my trip from NY to AZ, very awesome thing to have, as it gives a more accurate readout of your actual speed than your gauges. I think the 19" rims have something to do with this.

2011 GT/CS :kooky:
Apprentice

Why oh why did Ford not include this as a standard part of the information? Seems important to many of us. Perhaps an update to the computer program could add this?
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Why oh why did Ford not include this as a standard part of the information? Seems important to many of us. Perhaps an update to the computer program could add this?
Yeah seems like a comp update could enable this.... Maybe someone like Brenspeed could do it???????

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page