Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Bad News From The Dealer. . .

My dealer just called me and said that he called up the ladder and found out that the soonest that my car could be built would be mid-October, and the exact match at another dealer that he was trying to get for me isn't going to work out either . If it's built in mid-October it most likely wouldn't be delivered until the snow is here and the salt is on the roads. Not to mention it renders my $750 coupon useless.

The other dealer told my dealer that he doesn't have the car I was looking at yet but that if he did he wouldn't give it up anyways b/c he's got people that want them too. I can understand that and I do appreciate him being honest so that I can move on to other options, it's still disappointing though.

So I guess I'll just keep looking for what I want at other dealerships until my coupon expires and keep my fingers crossed . If not I'll wait till January and order a 2012.

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

That sucks! I was faced with kinda the same issue...6 month wait time for the car...so I changed my "desires" and got one that was availble. No 3.73 gears or Electronics Package.

My hope is that I don't regret this decision later.

Me: 2011 Black GT 5.0/400A/MT/Brembos/Acc Pkg #4/Comfort Pkg/3.31 Born:3MAY2010
MODS: Steeda CAI, Bama Tuned SCT, Magnaflow X-Pipe, UPR C-Can, 8000K Hids, GrabberPony Shifter Ball, & goin' Blacker!!!

The Wife: 2008 Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8
MODS: MBRP Cat-Back, HHP Tuned Diablo, 85MM T-Body, MOPAR CAI & StrutBar, & BilletTech C-Can
De Oppresso Liber
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010
PONY Member

I ordered 7/15 and they told me 6 weeks, lol. I was like, 6 weeks til I'm driving the car? She said, yep, at the longest. Been almost 4 weeks now and she can't tell me anything about it. Around here 90% of the GT's are auto, have red interior (not for me) or don't have any options. If I could find close to what I wanted then I'd buy off a lot, but that's not gonna happen. I'm gonna give it til November then probably cancel and wait on a 2012 too, and go thru a different dealership cuz this one is pissing me off.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
mix-up due to me not paying attention or thinking

Thought things through a little more after getting the bad news (and posting it) and decided to stick with it to avoid losing trade-in value on my car, and possibly ending up in the same waiting game that I'm in now just a year later. So I went the dealer yesterday morning and luckily he hadn't cancelled my order yet and it wasn't too late to take the offer of the October date. Which due to my lack of attention (like mentioned above) was a October delivery date, not build date like I incorrectly thought it was. So I told him that I'd stick with the order but was rather irritated that I have a $750 brochure rebate that will expire before I can take delivery of the car. Not to mention that Ford sent me an additional flyer urging me to go buy a Mustang and use the rebate! When I pulled that flyer/reminder out of my mailbox earlier this week I really wanted to call Ford CS and not-so-politely inform them that I had been trying to use the rebate for 2 months already w/ ZERO progress, lol.

My dealer said he would call up the ladder and let them know that I wasn't cancelling the order and to do what he could to get my rebate extended.

When I stopped in yesterday afternoon he told me that his regional sales manager told him that my order would be picked up next week and I should have a build date then and a compelte VIN no later than the following week. He also was able to get my $750 rebate extended to when the car comes in.

So I feel better about the situation but realize not to get my hopes up too high until I actually get confirmation that the order was picked up and a VIN.

Jason

SOLD
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member

good luck bro, Once you get her you wont regret it!

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

When they offer rebates like that, they should let you use them when you order the car. It's almost like bait and switch.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member

Quite honestly there is no way you can "call up the ladder." It is just not possible. Dealership will get a DORA report with an estimated date. it is just that, estimated. Example was a 2011 GT Convertible ordered 2/17/2010 with a delivery of 4/2010 didnt arrive until 7/2010/ This was an extreme example, but just letting you know there is no way of knowing when a vehicle will show up. Even if showing complete & sitting in Michigan it can take several weeks to get it to the dealership. It is completely up to Ford on the timeliness of delivery. Unfortunately the dealerships hands are tied. I perosnally waited on my 2011 GT Coupe for 9 weeks after being ordered when it estimated 4-6.

2011 GT 6M - List is long... too long
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member

There are lots of vehicles on the lots.

Mine are always special-ordered and I don't mind the wait, but lots of people will buy what is available.

2011 GT Mustang - Performance White / Brick Red - Cashmere : 401A : Brembo : Electronics PKG : Spoiler Delete : 3.73:1 : Glass Roof : Comfort PKG : Security PKG : HID
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member

If you send it to me, I promise I'll break her in gently then give her back in the spring.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtownStang View Post
Quite honestly there is no way you can "call up the ladder." It is just not possible. Dealership will get a DORA report with an estimated date. it is just that, estimated. Example was a 2011 GT Convertible ordered 2/17/2010 with a delivery of 4/2010 didnt arrive until 7/2010/ This was an extreme example, but just letting you know there is no way of knowing when a vehicle will show up. Even if showing complete & sitting in Michigan it can take several weeks to get it to the dealership. It is completely up to Ford on the timeliness of delivery. Unfortunately the dealerships hands are tied. I perosnally waited on my 2011 GT Coupe for 9 weeks after being ordered when it estimated 4-6.
In regards to "calling up the ladder" my salesman said that he called his regional sales manager (my local dealership is a small family-run outfit so my salesman is also the co-owner with his brother, which cuts out some of the extra steps/people like at the bigger dealerships), or something like that, and it was in regards to the order being picked up, not the delivery date. October would be the estimated delivery date. I didn't mean to say that they were guarantee-ing an October delivery date b/c they weren't. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4macs View Post
If you send it to me, I promise I'll break her in gently then give her back in the spring.
Lol, no thanks, I'll take my chances. Thanks for the offer though .

Jason

SOLD
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_GT_5spd View Post
My dealer just called me and said that he called up the ladder and found out that the soonest that my car could be built would be mid-October, and the exact match at another dealer that he was trying to get for me isn't going to work out either . If it's built in mid-October it most likely wouldn't be delivered until the snow is here and the salt is on the roads. Not to mention it renders my $750 coupon useless.

The other dealer told my dealer that he doesn't have the car I was looking at yet but that if he did he wouldn't give it up anyways b/c he's got people that want them too. I can understand that and I do appreciate him being honest so that I can move on to other options, it's still disappointing though.

So I guess I'll just keep looking for what I want at other dealerships until my coupon expires and keep my fingers crossed . If not I'll wait till January and order a 2012.
My car will be delivered when my coupon expires however, my dealer told me I could still use the coupon because it was active when I placed the order!

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
update

Went to the dealer today and got confirmation that my order was picked up, complete VIN, and the timetable.

Build Date: 9/6
Est. Delivery Date: 9/16

Not sure how excited to be about the build date since it's Labor Day, I doubt there will be any Mustangs built on 9/6 unless Ford is one of the extremely few employers that work on Labor Day. My hope is that the cars scheduled for 9/6 just get pushed back to 9/7, 9/7 to 9/8, and so on rather than just the 9/6 cars being rescheduled to "TBA". Fingers crossed.

Nuclearranger,

Yeah my dealer told me that too a couple weeks ago, he also said today that I'm locked in to the $1,000 rebate from Ford even if my car comes in late (after the date on the Ford website).

Jason

SOLD
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
GT Member

My dealer tells me that because he ordered the car in my name, my coupon will be honored.

Failing that, if it's going to be 60 days before your car arrives, sign up for AQHA and get a $500 consolation prize instead of your coupon.

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_GT_5spd View Post
Went to the dealer today and got confirmation that my order was picked up, complete VIN, and the timetable.

Build Date: 9/6
Est. Delivery Date: 9/16

Not sure how excited to be about the build date since it's Labor Day, I doubt there will be any Mustangs built on 9/6 unless Ford is one of the extremely few employers that work on Labor Day. My hope is that the cars scheduled for 9/6 just get pushed back to 9/7, 9/7 to 9/8, and so on rather than just the 9/6 cars being rescheduled to "TBA". Fingers crossed.

Nuclearranger,

Yeah my dealer told me that too a couple weeks ago, he also said today that I'm locked in to the $1,000 rebate from Ford even if my car comes in late (after the date on the Ford website).
9/6 is the build week. They will schedule the actual day based on the blend number (similar cars and options). Ford was working 4 day weeks at AAI this spring. No idea what their schedule is now.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_High View Post
9/6 is the build week. They will schedule the actual day based on the blend number (similar cars and options). Ford was working 4 day weeks at AAI this spring. No idea what their schedule is now.
Ah, okay, that makes me feel better. Is it also true that it won't have a window sticker, and thus I can't track it on the sites, until the actual production date is set? I just was curious as I couldn't resist checking the sites now that I have my VIN and it didn't come up in either one. I figured it just didn't have a window sticker yet.

Jason

SOLD
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page