2011 Mustang GT just broke down - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleAutosports View Post
Maybe they've gotten rid of the mercury due to it being a hazardous material, but I'm sure there's some sort of switch to do the same deactivation.

Again, it may not explain why it dies but it would explain why after the tow they can start it like normal. That'd make me look closer at the anti theft system and possibly having a bug.
Yeah very true eagle. Cab look under the hood for a cylinder looking module with a wire coming from it if that dealer keeps acting like they cant fix it just for poops and giggles. If i lived there i would help you out buddy Keep us posted though

2016 Fastback GT Base model with Performance Package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member

These cars also have ultrasonic sensors in them as part of the alarm system.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

my car is not equipped with an alarm; just the anti-theft thing

i really wish the dealer would just disable that POS so i can get my car back and not have to worry. i am more worried about it cutting power on the freeway than someone stealing my car

besides, going through my insurance company for a stolen car would be less of a headache lol

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

GT Member

I've had no issues with the factory anti-theft systems on my latest Ford, but I have had numerous issues with them in the past. In those days, I just had them deactivated.
PONY Member

When I read your first symptoms, I thought about the traction control system that shuts off the fuel when you exceed the lateral G force limit. If it is faulty, it could be kicking in for some reason. I don't know, just a wild guess. I had it kick in one time when I was making a hard right turn from a stop. got in the middle of the corner, and it cut out momentarily, until the car decided it was safe to continue. I didn't think I was close to sliding the rear, but the computer did the Obama takeover.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
PONY Member

Sorry if I missed this, does it crank and not start or not crank?

2011 GT, VMP Roush TVS, 10.80 @ 127mph
DynoSpeedRacing, Memphis TN
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

car cranks but doesn't start

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

lug
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
I've had no issues with the factory anti-theft systems on my latest Ford, but I have had numerous issues with them in the past. In those days, I just had them deactivated.

Same here with F150's. Key gets buggered up and cranky-no starty intermittantly.
GT Member

Lug,

I just had this issue with the anti-theft system AGAIN this weekend, this time with my new F-150. This makes number 5 that has done this to me know. What the heck.

Ace High, I had the exact TC issue you described this weekend with my 5.0 also. It was really weird. It almost felt like the car stalled, but it didn't. Just nothing happened for a second or two. None of my 4.6s with TC have done this.
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Im really sorry that happened. I never said they were bad cars it was just that i had been burned with my 04 rx8, my 05 Mustang, my 05 durango, and my 08 versa (all first year models). Was nothing personal..i just hated that feeling.

My 05 stalled out 3 times where i would be sitting at a stop light...hit the gas to go and it woud start to go, sputter and die. Once leaving me powerless with an 18 wheeler bearing down on my drivers side door....i was able to coast out of the way without getting killed. Its not a feeling you soon get over.

Dealer hooked up the dignostics..NO CODES..WTF???

So irritating.

I am excited about the new 5.0 and although all year models have problems (as fordmopar pointed out), i had mixed feelings about rolling the dice a FIFTH time after having problems with 100% of my other first year models.

This does NOT mean i WANT you to have problems or do not like the 5.0.

I am sorry you had this issue..i am confident it will get fixed. It pisses me off that it happen to you...pisses me off period (thats been rather my whole point the ENTIRE time).

What kills me is that they havent produced any codes with this.

If it is ANYTHING in the electronics (which this most obviously is) one would ASSUME that there would always be a code???

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

yeah no codes; no history of codes. i also feel confident that this issue will eventually get fixed but how long must i go without my brand new car? it was painful enough leaving it all alone for the first holiday weekend...my loaner corolla just isn't doing it for me

i will be checking in shortly with the dealership to get an update on the situation.

-Jozsefsz

post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Just talked to the dealer and the update is that they are still trying to get a hold of the ford engineer.

this is really b.s i dont want to go this long without my car and not knowing what is going on and the fact that my car is passing all of ford's tests is worrying me (because i WANT them to find a problem and fix it.

i think i might go cid's route and contact a lawyer and take this to the next level. ford has done a bang-up job making my experience any more comforting and they are keeping me in the dark as to if my car has turned into a science experiment or not. the first time i brought the car in counts as 1 repair attempt and under the CA lemon law, one attempt can be argued as "enough" when dealing with safety-related systems like brakes, etc....i think engine cutting power randomly while driving is just as unsafe as a brake failure.

with this issue and ford keeping silent on the engine tick..at this point, f*** ford; at this rate, i won't have anything to do with them in the future...it is an uphill battle for them at this point to win my loyalty or any of my money in the future

i took a chance on buying this brand and this is what i get? i also called ford customer service and they just documented my complaint and told me to wait 2 days for a rep to get back in touch with me..this is pathetic.

-Jozsefsz

MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Calm down. I know you are pissed (i dont have to tell you i would be ALSO..you know me)

But let me remind you..you do have one HELL of a car that will most likely be fixed and you will be shrugging this off in a few weeks and back to enjoying it.

Its not so much Ford not being a good company as it is just..kinda..."to be expected" some times with such an advanced design by a company that usually ensures quality via keeping things kinda simple. Is a learning curve for Ford ya know? This year is bound to be a bit of a steep learing curve i expect.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Let me just add something here. There are only so many engineers and when we ask for one it may be a week or two before we see him. I am certain an engineer will be there as soon as possible to evaluate your situation. I know it's frustrating and I am sorry you are having to endure this. The engineer will be out, they will find the cause of failure and fix it. It just will not be in the time frame you or I would like. BTW, I have asked and no one has encountered this problem to date with the 2011 Mustangs. Keep your chin up they will get your car fixed. The lawyer thing...... I worked for a dealer back in Iowa and I noticed a 2003 Saleen Mustang way back, hidden on the lot. I was told the engine let go with something like 3000 miles on it. Ford said the vehicle was not modified to specs and they would not warranty it, it was Steeda's problem and, of course, Steeda pointed their finger at Ford. He got an attorney and because of all the litigation and red tape the vehicle was still there 4 years later with no resolution. FOUR YEARS!!!! He finally settled with Ford/Steeda in 2008. I got to know the owner of the Mustang and he said if he had to do it again he'd find a different route, almost any route, rather than go to an attorney. He said all the legal BS just gummed up the works and prolonged his misery.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
GT Member

Here in Texas, the lemon law applies to attempting to get the SAME problem fixed three times withing the first year of ownership. But, it has to be the exact same problem or the dealership attorney or team thereof will eat you alive.

Give them a chance. As much as it sucks, a few days is really not that long to be without your car. I've had much worse. I know it sucks driving that Corolla, I also had one when some idiot hit my F-150 and it took two weeks to fix. At times, I felt like I had to get out an do the Fred Flinstone and pedal the thing to get it moving! Then I got another when my '07 GT decided to self destruct at 25K miles. I was nice about it and it was bought back at no loss to me. I also had this experience with a Chrysler that was a nightmare and tried to kill me numerous times. That was a battle and where I learned not to confront the dealer's legal squad and instead settled with Chrysler for a buy back and $2,500 to put down on a new Chrysler product.

Work with them and not against them and I think your results will be better, as hard as it may be to swallow now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page