2011 Mustang GT just broke down - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

You're Not Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cababah View Post
2,600 miles...everything was good until i took off from a light in first gear and the whole engine power cut and died. i pulled to the side of the road and the battery and oil icons were on and the car would not start for an hour (had electrical power inside) called ford roadside assistance and got it towed to the dealer. when the car got off the ramp, it started right up and i drove it around no problems, WTF?

i left it at the dealer anyway though...hopefully they can pull a code from when it was giving me trouble. people like allentown were right afterall about these cars...i have never had one break down on me like this. ford fail. this is my first one and so far, i dont think i would get another. just wanted to let you guys know...i will keep you all updated on what the dealer says tomorrow (most likely saying how everything checks out or some b.s and i will always be worried about it dying)
I just wanted to add my experience, I just recently bought a 2010 Mustang GT and have had it for not even two weeks, I'm having the same problem with mine that you mentioned. I took it to the dealership last night and got the typical response of they can't find anything or fix it unless they can duplicate the problem.

I have to agree that I think it has to do with the securilock feature because when it dies or doesn't start, I hit the unlock switch a couple of times (either on my key or the door) and try again and it starts fine or with some hesitation. I just don't feel I should have to have this added stress. Like you this is my first Mustang and my first American car so I'm very hesitant about it. I hope that someone might be able to give an answer here that might help me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalaryn View Post
I just wanted to add my experience, I just recently bought a 2010 Mustang GT and have had it for not even two weeks, I'm having the same problem with mine that you mentioned. I took it to the dealership last night and got the typical response of they can't find anything or fix it unless they can duplicate the problem.

I have to agree that I think it has to do with the securilock feature because when it dies or doesn't start, I hit the unlock switch a couple of times (either on my key or the door) and try again and it starts fine or with some hesitation. I just don't feel I should have to have this added stress. Like you this is my first Mustang and my first American car so I'm very hesitant about it. I hope that someone might be able to give an answer here that might help me.
my issue did get resolved eventually. it took them a while (about a week i think) but they discovered a loose connector or something that was coming undone in the fuel pump circuitry as per the attached diagram.

i hope yours gets resolved eventually as well. it sounds a bit different from what i was experiencing though. mine de-activated the fuel pump which includes a fail safe to prevent the engine from starting period.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1297.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	135524  

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page