2011 Mustang 5.0 Engine Problems Again - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Interesting. When mine was in, they talked about that route, then decided the rear end 75w-140 oil was for a "different tick." So, they sent me out the door with the mystery additive.

I guess you have the "different tick" to which they referred . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
Interesting. When mine was in, they talked about that route, then decided the rear end 75w-140 oil was for a "different tick." So, they sent me out the door with the mystery additive.

I guess you have the "different tick" to which they referred . . .
mine sounds exactly like the one in the video...so unless they sound very VERY similar they may have misdiagnosed my car

2011 Mustang GT Premium | Blk/Blk | 6-speed manual | 3.73s | Brembos | HIDs | Timex Mod from factory |
Apprentice

no luck on the gear oil...lets see what they come up with next

2011 Mustang GT Premium | Blk/Blk | 6-speed manual | 3.73s | Brembos | HIDs | Timex Mod from factory |

Apprentice

ford engineer came out and listened to my car. he took audio of my car but said more than likely they would need to replace all lash adjusters on the left bank of my engine. he is going to talk with the engineers that developed the engine to see if there is any other solution first. said it was not impacting the safety or reliability of my car so i am picking up my car today and will be out of town for a week. when i get back from my trip i will drop the car off and by that time I should know more about if they need to replace the lash adjusters or if they have come up with another fix. the saga continues...

post #95 of 241 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

If they're talking about lash adjusters, this is NOT the "ingitor" tick problem.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
If they're talking about lash adjusters, this is NOT the "ingitor" tick problem.
.......pm'ed you

Apprentice

I'll add my experience to this thread rather than create another. I started hearing the tick after my first oil change at 2198.2 miles. I used Motocraft 5w20 syn blend and a Purolator PureONE filter. Just like cidsamuth's car, the tick seems to be coming from the bottom rear of the motor, near the oil pan.

I took the car in for service on Monday and the tech suspected the oil filter. I was pretty sure the filter was not to blame, since Purolator made Motocraft filters last I knew, but whatever. They changed the oil and filter, and the tick remained.

Next, they called in a Ford field engineer. The engineer looked at my car and now wants to put the mystery additive in my engine. I'm confident that the tick will be quieted when I pick up the car tomorrow, but I doubt that it will be 'fixed'.

I do 100% city driving, so we'll find out whether it's really fixed in 5k miles.

Apprentice

Update
The service manager found out that the additive won't be in for another week. I mentioned about moving to a heavier oil, but was advised against it.
Apprentice

Merry go round. Sorry to hear about the wait again.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeejolts View Post
Update
The service manager found out that the additive won't be in for another week. I mentioned about moving to a heavier oil, but was advised against it.
can you please please please try to get an actual ID/pn on this thing? it is so sketchy hearing people talk about adding a "mystery" substance to their oil or "additive"

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

Rookie

Always skeptical of these kinds of posts....

Because anyone can pull a pic of a car, post it and then rip it. If I were GM wondering how to compete against Mustang given that pathetic excuse for a matchbox toy interior in the visually impairing Camero, I would run down Mustangs too. It sounds like you have a sticky valve seat and the last thing you would ever do is pump honey into the system which is what you've explained. I could buy it if the guy said a quart of red ATF, because that is a long time mechanic's solution for dissolving tappet or valve seat scoring that causes those kinds of common knocks or engine noises not related to bad fuel/timing....but never could imagine any mechanic recommending what you have suggested. That is why it is hard to believe you are really a Mustang owner... so give us a VIN number or something to prove it dude. Otherwise, tell the engineers over at GM where you work to try harder, we aren't fooled.

Last edited by Whitney64; 10-03-2010 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Sp!
post #102 of 241 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney64 View Post
Because anyone can pull a pic of a car, post it and then rip it. If I were GM wondering how to compete against Mustang given that pathetic excuse for a matchbox toy interior in the visually impairing Camero, I would run down Mustangs too. It sounds like you have a sticky valve seat and the last thing you would ever do is pump honey into the system which is what you've explained. I could buy it if the guy said a quart of red ATF, because that is a long time mechanic's solution for dissolving tappet or valve seat scoring that causes those kinds of common knocks or engine noises not related to bad fuel/timing....but never could imagine any mechanic recommending what you have suggested. That is why it is hard to believe you are really a Mustang owner... so give us a VIN number or something to prove it dude. Otherwise, tell the engineers over at GM where you work to try harder, we aren't fooled.
Are you referring to me as the original poster? If so, you're a little late in the game to start questioning the legitimacy of this. We've been round and round, and there have been many folks experiencing the ticking problems . . . and several folks have posted that Ford is trying to fix it with either the mystery additive, the 75w-140 gear oil, or both.

So take your crap elsewhere. Perhaps after you have more than eight posts, you'll do your research first.
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cidsamuth is the real deal, I'll vouch. Used to chew my but out if I knocked the 11.

A GM poser he is not.

I am suprised that someone with as much knowledge as you seemingly posses would have trouble believing a few coyotes could be shipped with issues.

Look through the annals of cardom on ANY model car ever produced and you find recalls tsbs and more. At least two versions of s197s have shipped with infuriating design issues.

It happens.

Dismissing cidsamuth as a GM imposter over this is to dismiss 70+ years of established automotive fact.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney64 View Post
Put your money where your mouth is. If you want to call me a liar, then you better damn well be willing to lose.
Apprentice

I also will stand up for CID and Coffee. I have talked to CID on the phone as he lives about 1.5 hour from me. We talked in great detail of the problems with the tick and tapping. He was a super help! Also as for Coffee, i have been chatting with him before anyone of us even got our cars! I also sent him a 5.0 magazine for being helpfull when we were waiting for our cars. Again, a great guy who i kept in contact with, as our cars were built the same week! NO GM posers here!

2011 GT 373 Hid Sec Brembo 6spd Race Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page