2011-2014 5.0 V8 - does yours have a "tick" after fully warmed up? - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Does your 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0 have a tick after fully warmed up?
Yes 316 43.77%
No 406 56.23%
Voters: 722. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Cids,

Ignitor tick is there but quieter than the gentlemans car in video earlier on in the thread. Sounds like someone is knocking or tapping on the right rear two cylinders. Happens intermittently and follows an irregular pattern that does not correspond to valvetrain noise.

Has anyone had any luck getting rid of the ignitor tick with a diff tune?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordService

Hi guys,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. Id like to look into this further for you. I recommend you guys bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealership for diagnosis. Then send me your mileage, VIN, dealer and contact info to see how I can help.

Deysha

PONY Member
5.0L Member

What's the scoop with the exhaust tick? Is it truly a characteristic of the car or is there a TSB to resolve it?

2011 5.0 Performance White Premuim 3.73 6spd manual HID Heated Seats bone stock (for now)
9/2010 build date

Banned
S197 Member

Thumbs down

Hello, I have an '11 5.0.
It had 1723 miles on it this morning.
My wife works at the Ford delaership where I bought my car.
I decided it was time for the 1st dreaded oil change.
I started the car this morning. Made my wife listen to the engine run.
It was very smooth and quiet.
Today an oil change and it has valvetrain noises out of both heads. I could hear them as soon as she drove it into the driveway. A constant "tick-tick-tick-tick-tick" very noticeable to me. It gets faster with the engines rpm range.
It has another noise out of the right side of the engine. An intermittent deeper sounding "tick tick..tick" every 5-6 seconds.
The car now has 1756 miles on it.
My first new car ever and the fun is going away with all of the issues creeping-up.
Thanks for any replies or help, AW.

this car has way to much wheel hop too.
especially when I am told by the dealer service manager that up grading the rear control arms to something like steedas stuff will void the warranty.
convieniently now ford racing sells the tune that the car should come with for 300 plus dollars and of course that will void the warranty too
but change the oil take care of your new car and enjoy all of the extra issues for free!!!
as it becomes something you want to sell.

Last edited by Snackmaster; 06-27-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: merged back to back posts
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWkonablu20115O View Post
this car has way to much wheel hop too.
especially when I am told by the dealer service manager that up grading the rear control arms to something like steedas stuff will void the warranty.
convieniently now ford racing sells the tune that the car should come with for 300 plus dollars and of course that will void the warranty too
but change the oil take care of your new car and enjoy all of the extra issues for free!!!
as it becomes something you want to sell.
I wish there was something good we could tell you. I've had mine since May 2010, and my dealership was pretty good. Ford, however, has been useless.

Out of curiosity, what was your build date?
Banned
S197 Member

my cars build date was 09/13/10
delivered on 10/13/10 with 30 miles on the odometer
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Something else to look forward to then...my car has rough shifting now...paint has drips all over the hood...and now I might be one of the 'lucky' and get a tick ....

What does Ford have to say about this 'tick' is it pretty wide spread or is it in the minority? What do techs and service departments say about the tick?

2011 5.0 Performance White Premuim 3.73 6spd manual HID Heated Seats bone stock (for now)
9/2010 build date
Banned
S197 Member

my ford place just acts like they never heard of the noise or even mustang 5.0's
PONY Member

I must have had a different noise. The weather has warmed and I have been able to drive the car and change the oil again and no noises. Hope y'all figure out what noise you have. After getting a Steeda tune on the car it runs much better in general. Smoother idle, more power, much better throttle response. Car has 1350 miles on it and it's about 7 months old now.

2011 5.0 GT 3.55 gears, Candy Apple, Steeda CAI and SCT Tune,Steeda Control Arms, LCA Relocation Bracket, Pan Hard Bar and Brace, Ultra Light Springs, 3rd Link, Camber Plates, Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks, Shifter, Barton Shifter Bushing, Flowmaster hush power. Steeda 18X9 Chrome Pentar/Nitto NT05 275/40/18. BBK long tubes and OR xpipe

2005 F150 SXT, OX Locker, 4.10 gears, Edge CS Tuner, 33x10 AT, K&N FIPK, Gibson Exhaust.
Banned
S197 Member

I have read my posts and it seems I dont like my car.
Not true I love my car!!!
I just want to enjoy it.
I want a Camaro killer:smilie.
I dont understand how Ford racing can offer a Supercharger option for the '11 5.0 and it doesnt void the original warranty and/or the supercharger carries a warranty.
I want the Ford racing tune and something to fix the wheelhop and I am told it will void the warranty.
I love Fords and Mustangs. I owned an '88 LX 5.0 for 17 years.
My Kona Blue Mustang though is awesome!!!
Except the ticking and such..!
I have only 40 miles on the oil change.
Thanks, AW.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWkonablu20115O View Post
I have read my posts and it seems I dont like my car.
Not true I love my car!!!
I just want to enjoy it.
I want a Camaro killer:smilie.
I dont understand how Ford racing can offer a Supercharger option for the '11 5.0 and it doesnt void the original warranty and/or the supercharger carries a warranty.
I want the Ford racing tune and something to fix the wheelhop and I am told it will void the warranty.
I love Fords and Mustangs. I owned an '88 LX 5.0 for 17 years.
My Kona Blue Mustang though is awesome!!!
Except the ticking and such..!
I have only 40 miles on the oil change.
Thanks, AW.
Ford racing would cover your power train in the even of an issue with the Whipple blower.

Get some lowering springs frist and shocks to match. (All kinds of options out there, dependind on how low you go, one may need an adjustable pan hard bar to get the rear axle realigned, camber bolts to alleviate negative camber, GT500 top strut mount boots depending on the strut option you go with ) to see if that takes care of your wheel hop. If not then lower and/or upper control arm brakets... after that there are some other options but this is going to hijack the thread. I don't see how a modest 1 to 1.5 inch drop is going to cause any serious suspension damage to the car or premature wear. That being said it won't void your warranty unless what you did caused the issue.

As for this 'tick' I am now worried I will have it since I haven't changed the oil yet....we'll see if it rears its ugly head...is the PCV valve, exhaust leak or something else that causes the engine to have issues down the road.

9/2010 build date
FordService

Hi guys,

Its me again! Remember I am here to help with any concerns you may have with your Mustangs. Message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info.

AWkonablu201150,

Regarding Ford Racing parts and our warranty, like white_stallion stated, it wont void your warranty unless that specific part caused an issue. Then, that specific repair may not be covered.

Deysha
Apprentice

CaR BUILIT IN NOV

I just had my first oil change and I happy to say no Engine tick.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hi guys,

It’s me again! Remember I am here to help with any concerns you may have with your Mustangs. Message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info.

AWkonablu201150,

Regarding Ford Racing parts and our warranty, like white_stallion stated, it won’t void your warranty unless that specific part caused an issue. Then, that specific repair may not be covered.

Deysha
Right...but correct me if I'm wrong if the Ford Racing part caused the issue then if there's warranty from Ford Racing then they cover the issue...correct? Such as an S/C from Ford Racing they offer a warranty with it.

Also is there a TSB for the 'tick'? If so what is the TSB number?

9/2010 build date
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhurricane View Post
Build date of early May, no tick...though I only have about 400 miles on the car at the present.
Just passed 3100 miles today, and noticed a tick at idle when pulling into the garage, sounds like a loud valve.

Haven't yet changed the oil, so it's not that.

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coyote , help engine , ticking , ticking lifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page