2011-2014 5.0 V8 - does yours have a "tick" after fully warmed up? - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Does your 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0 have a tick after fully warmed up?
Yes 316 43.77%
No 406 56.23%
Voters: 722. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 826 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Question 2011-2014 5.0 V8 - does yours have a "tick" after fully warmed up?

i posted this on svtp but thought i would post here as well. i have seen people on a few different forums complain of this issue. mine ticks when the engine is warmed up and happens between 800-2000 rpm and has since new although i didnt notice it right away. it is a lot worse with the a/c on and does not affect performance. just wanted to get a feel for how many people are having this issue and how many have taken the car to the dealer to have it checked out. also, if you have a vid or sound clip please post it.

does your car have a tick when warmed up between 800-2000 rpm(worse with a/c on)?

what is your build date?

do you think it is something to worry about?

have you taken it in for service because of the tick(if so what was your experience)?
other than the tick my car is a beast and i love it

2011 Mustang GT Premium | Blk/Blk | 6-speed manual | 3.73s | Brembos | HIDs | Timex Mod from factory |

Last edited by 5POINTO; 07-24-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Nope. Mine sounds great.

Just kidding, it sounds like a turd. I won't bother describing it, since I have posted it too many times already, to include the thread you hit on SVTPeformance.

Build date of 5/16/10.

post #3 of 826 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

thx for the input cids...i have been keeping up with all of your threads. exactly how loud is the tick you have? i want someone to post a vid or sound clip so i can compare mine. mine seems really loud to me at times(embarassingly loud at a drive thru or closed in area). i really just wonder how widespread this is. is it only affecting certain build dates? How many dont notice it because they drive with the windows up and music blasting and how many just dont let it bother them so they dont post about it. i am very anxious to see what you find out on monday. please keep us updated. oh, and my build date is 06/10.

all in all i still love my car and i am glad i got it...i have to admit i did expect issues with a first year drive train. i just hope ford comes up with a fix soon so i can not worry about my car anymore.

2011 Mustang GT Premium | Blk/Blk | 6-speed manual | 3.73s | Brembos | HIDs | Timex Mod from factory |

PONY Member

No tick - Don't know build date, how do you find it out?
PONY Member

Horrible very loud tick on cold start, very noticeable tick through 2,000 RPM when warm. Dropping off at the dealer tomorrow morning. We'll see what they find .

Edit: Build date 6/11/10

Mods don't matter.
Apprentice

I voted yes but there should be a intermittent choice as that;s what mine is . There one day gone the next.

Built 5/18
Apprentice

No tick ... 7/20/10 and >3400 miles.

2011 GT Premium, Grabber Blue, Brembo, 3.73, etc.
1978 Mustang II T-Top, 351W, Tremec 3550
1978 Mustang II Coupe, 2.3L Turbo, Holset, MegaSquirt
Apprentice

Mine has ticked since I changed the oil ( motocraft 5w20 synblend ).
Only ticks between 800-2000, and only when fully warmed up. I have not taken it to the dealer yet, because I don't want to be a guniea pig (gear oil, wtf?). The tick is not very loud, but it noticable when the windows are down in a parking garage.

Build Date: 5/19/2010
PONY Member

No ticks or noise so far!Hope it stays that way!

Half afraid to change the oil.Still only about 1,300 miles on her.Thinking I'll wait a while longer till I hear or see more info.

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
PONY Member
S197 Member

No tick as of now, only 250 miles, build date 8/5

I will keep listening for it though...

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
Apprentice

No ticks, 1300 miles -- will update with build date later. Afraid to change oil :/
Apprentice

I have a slight tick between idle and 2,000 rpm. Build date 6/10. Taking it into the dealership. B ut only to document it. Not to get gear oil in my motor.

11' Mustang GT
98' F-150 4X4
Apprentice

I voted no but i not done my first oil change yet so i don't know if the factory has put any thing in my oil yet to start with. I find out this week going to change the oil in my car .

300A GT 6sp MT/brembos/3.73/55D springs /Koni STR.T strut & shocks/SVT 2007-10 GT500 strut bearings/torsion T-2R Diff./bullitt steering wheel
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by si11gtcs View Post
No ticks, 1300 miles -- will update with build date later. Afraid to change oil :/
6/10 is the build date
Apprentice

No tick, 1800 miles with a 4/10 build date.

2014 GT500
1991 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coyote , help engine , ticking , ticking lifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page