Had to use the tire mobility kit this morning... - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkory22 View Post
This is the first I've heard of this kit...do all 2011s have this?
Some have spare tires, some have goo... there seems to be some confusion on the forums about which cars have what...

The best I have been able to determine with any level of certainty (?) is that Brembo equipped cars do not have a spare (presumably due to caliper clearance issues), which led to some speculation that all cars with 19 inch wheels came without a spare...

I have the 19 inch optional wheels (with stock brakes), and the car has a spare tire (with a spoked wheel!:yelpleased

Jim

Murphy was an optimist.

2011 GT Premium, Sterling Gray, 401A, 6MT, 3.73, 19" Brembo, Nav, Security, HID, Rear video, Boss 302 mufflers, Raxiom smoked taillights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

so, i wake up this morning to find my left rear tire is flat. Im reading all the posts, and it seems, that if I use the goo, I will have to replace my tire and tpms. Heres the thing, in about 3 or 4 months, I plan to get a new set of tires and rims from american muscle, which also comes with the monitoring system. Should I just go ahead and use the goo? seeing as though Im in line for new wheels soon??? or
should I take it to a shop and have them plug it or something...

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbayo View Post
so, i wake up this morning to find my left rear tire is flat. Im reading all the posts, and it seems, that if I use the goo, I will have to replace my tire and tpms. Heres the thing, in about 3 or 4 months, I plan to get a new set of tires and rims from american muscle, which also comes with the monitoring system. Should I just go ahead and use the goo? seeing as though Im in line for new wheels soon??? or
should I take it to a shop and have them plug it or something...
Did you snoop it and find where the tire was punctured? If it's in the sidewall, there's not much you can do safely...you need a new tire. If its in the treads it can be repaired. If it's leaking between the lip and rim, maybe it just needs to be sealed/remounted (as long as the rim is not damaged).

My Opinion: If you can inflate the tire and safely get to a shop then take it there and have it plugged. I would only use the mobility kit in an emergency situation...like if you're out in the middle of nowhere and can't get help.

2012 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue W/ 401A Trim
Electronics PKG, RR Sensing/Security PKG, HIDs PKG, Comfort PKG, Brembo Brake PKG, Glass Roof, Rear Camera

Rookie

As long as you don't have a complete blow out, you can use the kit as an air compressor only. There's a switch on it to turn off the goo. Fill your tire up with air only, drive straight to a place to fix the leak. Only costs a few bucks to fix a flat.
Apprentice

cool, thanx fellas.
Rookie
S197 Member

Just a note my 2016 GT's manual says to replace the trunk canister every 4 years. It keeps track of the 4 years on your dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page