Roush AxleBack for 2011 Mustang 5.0 - Any Takers/Opinion - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011GTCS View Post
I do. Has a kind of hollow sound, and it's very loud...

I'm not really all that happy with it. Sounds more like a truck to me now...
wow, thats not good. I dont want mine to sound like a truck I guess I'll stick with the H.

2011 Mustang GT premium, Black on Black, 6 speed manual,Brembo pckg,HID's,3.73's, appearance package, Security,Comfort,Roush Axelback, Q Ball shifer, Bama Race Tuned, UMI Brackets and LCA's, K&N drop in filter and more to come...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

does it sound similar to any of the others with an offroad x-pipe? your description makes me think of the american thunder... any video clips of it?

PONY Member

Quote:

Is this because of the offroad x-pipe?

I'm thinking about the Roush axle backs, but I really don't want my Mustang to sound anything like the trucks I see around here with mufflers (nothing against trucks in any way - I just want my Mustang to be distinguishable from the big V8 trucks, because I've grown accustomed to sound and it's a little boring).

PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgchem View Post
Is this because of the offroad x-pipe?

I'm thinking about the Roush axle backs, but I really don't want my Mustang to sound anything like the trucks I see around here with mufflers (nothing against trucks in any way - I just want my Mustang to be distinguishable from the big V8 trucks, because I've grown accustomed to sound and it's a little boring).
Not because of the H pipe - The HPs sounded great with it.

I think the Roushes probably sound great with the stock exhaust, but I think there's much more flow with 3" pipes without the cats that it changes the sound somewhat.

There is MUCH less drone with the Roushes, but they don't sound as sweet as the HPs.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind a little drone, but on my car the HPs had it bad enough to really drive you nuts.

I don't know if that's because I have a convertible, if it's because I have 3:31 gears, if it's because I got a bad set of mufflers, or if it's something else.

It's important to note that I had the drone with the HPs BEFORE I put the X pipe on...

I'll try to put a couple of clips together this weekend and post it up here, one with the Roushes and one when I put the HPs back on.

I ordered up some sound-deadener material, and will report back on what effect that has on the drone with the HPs.

2011GTCS
'18 Kona Blue GT Premium | PP1 | Whipple Gen 5 Stage 1 | MMR OPGs and sprocket | UPR Catch Can | Barton hybrid 3 | Custom DSS chromoly DS (1400hp) | DSS half shafts (1400hp) | Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces | Steeda Jacking Rails | Shelby CS3 Wheels 9.5 & 11 x 20 | NT555 G2 275/35/20 front, 315/35/20 rear
Apprentice

Just ordered a Roush axle back for $339 shipped! And then I get an email that says back order, would have been nice if their website said that! Oh well, I hope I get it for the advertised $339 shipped!

http://www.cjponyparts.com/roush-axl...-2011/p/CBR10/

2011 GT Silver 6 Spd W/Brembo package!
PONY Member

CJ has them for 359 from 399. Wondering if I should pull the trigger. Is this a good deal?

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
Rookie

I just did. They are on back order though. Car has not got here yet but at least I know they are both on the way, eventually!

On Order: 2011 RACE RED 5.0, 401a, 3.73, Brembos, HID/Security

Ordered 10/28
VIN 11/9
Sticker 11/19
Build 11/30
Delivery? 12/16
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I just ordered the GT500 axelbacks...so if anyone wants the Roush ones I have (they have 250 miles on them), let me know.

I'll sell them for $300 + freight.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
PONY Member

YouTube - 2011 5.0 roush axle back

So this axleback doesnt have this annoying high pitched rasp sound like in this vid?

2011 Mustang GT Premium 400A: Black/Black, Brembo Pack, Comfort Pack, 3.55s, 6 Speed MT, GT500/CS Rear diffuser & roost guards.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
I just ordered the GT500 axelbacks...so if anyone wants the Roush ones I have (they have 250 miles on them), let me know.

I'll sell them for $300 + freight.
Why are you switching to the GT500's? I'm in the market for cheap axle-backs, and at this point, the Roush's are my first choice based on jsnyng's car that I've heard (in person).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page