Roush AxleBack for 2011 Mustang 5.0 - Any Takers/Opinion - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

It's in the dealers getting striped, exhaust, etc. Took it around there place for a few minutes. Didn't notice drone but didn't have much time driving steady at low rpm. They will be done toward the end of the week and I'll be able to say more then.

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 400A, MT82, 3.73, glass roof, acc pkg4, OTT white stripes, Roush Axlebacks
6/4 Order, 8/16 Build, 9/9 Arrived

1986 Mustang GT 5.0(sold)
1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

wolfman11GT,

Congrates,, hope it turns out to be what you were expecting..

if possible it would be great to get more pics of them on the car and the tips showing out from the bumper..

then of course, a sound clip would be much appreciated and your impression.

I am most concerned with them being all around too LOUD. I am hoping that’s NOT case.

When I listen to the clip on these , to me anyway, they sound like the Borla ATAK which may be a bit more” raspier” if that’s even a word, then I want when on the throttle. Hoping its really more of a deeper rumble when your on it then raspy .

good luck !

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
PONY Member
S197 Member

Stripes done tomorrow and I'll have it back end of work day. If all goes well I'll be able to go for a drive. More pics and sound clips possibly.

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 400A, MT82, 3.73, glass roof, acc pkg4, OTT white stripes, Roush Axlebacks

1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)

Apprentice

Put mine on last night. Took a hour. First impressions are it's loud when you're on the gas. Quiet while cruise and idle. No drone which is awesome. It is a little raspy when cold and 5000+ rpm. It sounds like no other v8 I've heard except for some European engines. Pretty cool actually. Rumble down low and screams up top. The raspiness isn't horrible like a ls1 with cutouts. It still mellow and refine sounding.

2011 Kona Blue GT, P1SC, Roush AB, JHR Short Throw, FRP Adjustable Handling pack, 19 x 9.5 AMR wheels with 275s, FR Brembos, Exedy 500 clutch and flywheel. 585 whp at 7 PSI.
theautoblogger
Rookie
S197 Member

Installed mine 2 days ago. The various posted sound clips do not do the Roush axleback justice.

2011 GT, Kona Blue, 6 spd, 3.73
post #21 of 145 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Great updates guys.

Hoping for real sound clip whenever possible.

Best of luck and glad to see you are pleased with your new mod!

Thanks

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
PONY Member

you guys that put this on yourself, was it easy or a hard job. The instructions that came with it are lengthy, do you actually have to remove the bolts that are up to the hpipe assembly? mine are sitting in my trunk right now bc i dont have time to put them on its dark when i get home and i just wanted to know if i could do this myself saturday or just let the dealer to do it saturday im guessing its 100 bucks. So do it yourself or spend 100 bucks and let them do it??

2011 Mustang GT premium, Black on Black, 6 speed manual,Brembo pckg,HID's,3.73's, appearance package, Security,Comfort,Roush Axelback, Q Ball shifer, Bama Race Tuned, UMI Brackets and LCA's, K&N drop in filter and more to come...
Apprentice

I just loosened the h-pipe. Definitely helped. The passenger side was easy. I had a heck of a time getting the driver side to move forward enough to slide out of the rubber gromet. Took about 45 mins to get it to slide out. About 1.5 hours total.

2011 Kona Blue GT, P1SC, Roush AB, JHR Short Throw, FRP Adjustable Handling pack, 19 x 9.5 AMR wheels with 275s, FR Brembos, Exedy 500 clutch and flywheel. 585 whp at 7 PSI.
theautoblogger
Apprentice

It took me about 40 minites jacked up the car took the bolt out that holds the exhaust together never even touched the mid pipe slid the muffler right out with some lube on the rubber hangers wd40. A little yanky enginuity helps to.
PONY Member

well i just want to be careful and not "yank" anything on those pipes, would hate to accidently bend one unknowingly and then wake up and have a valve problem. Ive already tried removing mufflers once before without loosening hpipe and a tidal wave of complete fail hit me

2011 Mustang GT premium, Black on Black, 6 speed manual,Brembo pckg,HID's,3.73's, appearance package, Security,Comfort,Roush Axelback, Q Ball shifer, Bama Race Tuned, UMI Brackets and LCA's, K&N drop in filter and more to come...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm2011gt View Post
well i just want to be careful and not "yank" anything on those pipes, would hate to accidently bend one unknowingly and then wake up and have a valve problem. Ive already tried removing mufflers once before without loosening hpipe and a tidal wave of complete fail hit me

Huh? Valve problem? What valve?
Apprentice
S197 Member

hi its now one week i had my mustang and i install the roush axle back the same day i think that they are the best mustang sound that i ever heard if you want to go unnotice you can by being very gentle on the gas pedal and you can make the head turn if you want but bottom line they sound incredibly right for a mustang its like a nascar if you want do not forget that the 2011 exhaust is quite freeflow compare to the 2010 so you need only the axle back to have a mean sound on a 2011 its hard to figure how much the sound change with the roush exhaust i suggest them highly with the 2011 mustang first time i heard them i almost took them off the day after but now they will stay there as long as i own the car :laughlitt
PONY Member
S197 Member

Well I've gotten some time with them in different conditions.

Highway at 65-70 I'm impressed. On a flat there's a mild rumble that you barely notice. Up a hill just keeping same speed the sound comes up a bit. rpms are low in 6th there is plenty of power but you still get a lugging sound. No drone.

Standing behind the car it is loud, even at idle. Nice deep sound. With some rasp and pops coming off higher rpm.

Sound inside is completely different. Not as deep.

Bit of an odor. Assume oil or something from manufacture is burning off. Seems like the sound is changing a little deeper after some miles. Might be in my head too.

Still not 100% I want something this loud permanently but they are fun at the moment.

1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock View Post
Huh? Valve problem? What valve?
i think he's referring to pulling the exhaust manifolds off the ports on the heads exposing the valves to cold air when scavenging.

edit: waiting for someone to quote me providing some link of another person saying it's impossible to happen even though i didn't say one way or the other.
PONY Member

Guys, don't have any anxiety about installing these yourself. This is the easiest exhaust you'll ever work on. Everything is designed to be removable. No cutting, welding, or other gymnastics. You can't screw it up.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page