Roush AxleBack for 2011 Mustang 5.0 - Any Takers/Opinion - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

From outside the car.

YouTube - 2011 Mustang Gt Roush Axle Back Exhaust.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric45 View Post
From outside the car.

Nice video. The popping sound is awesome. can't wait for my Roush's to come in on the 16th!

Last edited by the1904kid; 11-11-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: remove embedded video
Rookie

I've noticed in some videos that the roush has a raspy tinny sound when in high RPMs. Is that an actual product of the exhaust or is it just how the exhaust is picked up on recordings?

I have loved the sound the of this exhaust but some recording have this metal rattling sound in the high RPMs that makes me cringe. I hear it in a lot of exhaust recordings and wonder it its the mufflers, another component that causes it, or its just recordings.

2011 Mustang GT/CS | 5.0 | MT-82 | Steeda 93 Tune | Steeda CAI | Roush Exhaust | BBK After-cat Xpipe | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Koni STR.T Dampers

Apprentice
S197 Member

It is just the recording. Believe me when I say that it sounds beefy at all RPM range!

The Screamin' Demon
2011 Mustang GT - Black on Black
Pkgs: 401K, Brembo, Comfort, Security, Electronics, GT Coupe Accessory Pkg 5 (hood, pedestal, Window Louvers, Decklid)
Aftermarket: 3.73 Gear, AirRaid CAI, Roush Axle-back system
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Yes.. FIX THIS IN YOUR MEMORY!!!! We need to know the difference! HP sound without the 1800-2000 drone... seems like the holy grail here... I'd pay dearly for that.

Maybe, using some math, we could adjust some of the panels in our car, add something here and there to offset some drone? Again, they sound great! but, we'll wait and see what you think of these new ones. Lookin' forward to it!
Looks like they won't be delivered until Nov 16. I was hoping to get them by this weekend...

I'll post up my impressions when I get them on.

2011GTCS
'18 Kona Blue GT Premium | PP1 | Whipple Gen 5 Stage 1 | MMR OPGs and sprocket | UPR Catch Can | Barton hybrid 3 | Custom DSS chromoly DS (1400hp) | DSS half shafts (1400hp) | Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces | Steeda Jacking Rails | Shelby CS3 Wheels 9.5 & 11 x 20 | NT555 G2 275/35/20 front, 315/35/20 rear
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011GTCS View Post
Looks like they won't be delivered until Nov 16. I was hoping to get them by this weekend...

I'll post up my impressions when I get them on.
I ordered my Roush axlebacks the same day as you, and it looks like FedEX is going to deliver them on the 16th as well. Sigh...why can't they get them here faster!?!

Current: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, 6mt, 401A (Cashmere), Security pkg., Brembo brake pkg., Comfort pkg., 3.73 gears, Electronics pkg.

Previous: 1967 Mustang Fastback, Aqua, 351W, C4 auto, pure unadulterated awesome
PONY Member

Video/sound great! Well made exhaust make driving a pleasure.

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
Rookie

Roush axle back too quiet

I installed my 2011 Roush axle back last week. it sounds great, but much too quiet. like other people have said on forums, it barks very loudly and sharp for half a second on start up then rumbles quieter and quieter for about 30 seconds until its idling at a volume just slightly louder than stock.

if you want to hear the exhaust while driving, you HAVE open the windows, because other wise all you hear is a slight quite rumble at the back of your car. there is no drone. very quite inside on highway, almost sounds stock.

to get the volume come out you have to raise the rpm up above 3000 before it gets noticable, but the volume ceiling comes pretty quick at 5000rpm.

i am comparing this to my old cars exhaust.

I used to have a 2005 mustang GT. I had the Roush catback extreme exhaust, and my friends could hear me coming down the street from a few blocks away when WOT, then walking out to my car they could hear it rumbling in the parking lot at idle from 40 feet away. you could hear this exhaust easily inside the cab of the car, but it wa only obnoxious at any 2000-2200 rmp. i live in a quite nieghborhood and no one complained. In fact when i got my 2011 stock mustang my 43 year old nieghbor complained that it was too quiet and he should hear a car this before you see it, and he gave me a deadline to get an aftermarket exhaust. Soon, within a month
FWP
Apprentice
S197 Member

Not my thing. I really want to get the Bassani axle-backs.
PONY Member

Blackout=code name for Borla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout View Post
I installed my 2011 Roush axle back last week. it sounds great, but much too quiet. like other people have said on forums, it barks very loudly and sharp for half a second on start up then rumbles quieter and quieter for about 30 seconds until its idling at a volume just slightly louder than stock.

if you want to hear the exhaust while driving, you HAVE open the windows, because other wise all you hear is a slight quite rumble at the back of your car. there is no drone. very quite inside on highway, almost sounds stock.

to get the volume come out you have to raise the rpm up above 3000 before it gets noticable, but the volume ceiling comes pretty quick at 5000rpm.

i am comparing this to my old cars exhaust.

I used to have a 2005 mustang GT. I had the Roush catback extreme exhaust, and my friends could hear me coming down the street from a few blocks away when WOT, then walking out to my car they could hear it rumbling in the parking lot at idle from 40 feet away. you could hear this exhaust easily inside the cab of the car, but it wa only obnoxious at any 2000-2200 rmp. i live in a quite nieghborhood and no one complained. In fact when i got my 2011 stock mustang my 43 year old nieghbor complained that it was too quiet and he should hear a car this before you see it, and he gave me a deadline to get an aftermarket exhaust. Soon, within a month

Really! 2 posts & your telling us Roush is quiet? Give me a break! Common David stick to your own thread. Bassani reference was brilliant!

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
Apprentice
S197 Member

Blackout - You may want to look under your back end. Maybe they just installed the pipes onto your stock mufflers!

Either that, or you'll want to get your hearing checked.

The Screamin' Demon
2011 Mustang GT - Black on Black
Pkgs: 401K, Brembo, Comfort, Security, Electronics, GT Coupe Accessory Pkg 5 (hood, pedestal, Window Louvers, Decklid)
Aftermarket: 3.73 Gear, AirRaid CAI, Roush Axle-back system
Apprentice

I just installed my Roush axleback exhaust this weekend and I love it! It is not quiet at all! No highway drone and it screams under full throttle. Best $370 I ever spent

Brian

2011 Kona Blue GT Premium Automatic
Livernois 93 Tune - C&L CAI - Roush Axleback - 19inch GT500 wheels/tires - Eibach Pro Springs - Steeda Adj.Panhard Bar - Kicker KS-68 door speakers
12.8 111mph - on skinny stock tires lots of spinning!
PONY Member

Just got mine via UPS 20 minutes ago and will be installing them within the next hour or so.I searched youtube got sound clips of theses then went to my dealer the day after I picked up 5.0 and asked them to start up one of the Roush 5.0s so I could hear the exhaust note.Let me tell you that youtube doesnt do these axelbacks justice.I went home that evening and placed my order.

IMO.....$600-$900 for a axelback is not at all a good price considering there will be no gains in HP and you could get something like a Roush for $399 that sounds just as good.If im gonna spend $900 on a axelback.....Ill save $2/300 more and get myself a set of kooks LTs.

--Dan--
SOLD>> 07 GT 5 speed,20x9 Razors,FRPP springs,Kook stainless LTs and catted H package,Mac Boomtubes,C & L cai w/sctx3 and 93 race tune from BAMA,FRPP 4.10's

The New>> 2011 5.0 6spd,black on black premium ,3.73 option, Roush axelbacks,C&L cai,SCT SF3 w/93 race tune from Bama.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I ordered a set and will be installing this weekend. Then I will get the heartthrob cat-to-axles piping this coming spring. I will get some comparison clips stock and afterwards with 2 different cameras to give you guys a good idea of how the cameras do or don't do it justice.
PONY Member

Ive posted this several times, but has anyone yet to pair these axlebacks with an x-pipe? Im thinking about getting the BBK x-pipe from AM, its cheap and still retains cats. I'm leaving the cats on because i dont want a loud drone and I also dont have cash for a tune yet either

2011 Mustang GT premium, Black on Black, 6 speed manual,Brembo pckg,HID's,3.73's, appearance package, Security,Comfort,Roush Axelback, Q Ball shifer, Bama Race Tuned, UMI Brackets and LCA's, K&N drop in filter and more to come...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page