2011 Mustang GT California Legal Mods List? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Any Suggestions? 2011 Mustang GT California Legal Mods List?

Ladies, Gents:

Is there a compiled listing of 2011 Mustang GT parts that have received California's approval? Have any aftermarket folks pursued that approval yet?

I'm currently stationed in Nevada and expect to be reassigned to SoCal in 2013. Sure would like my car to be CA legal when I cross the border again... but nobody's talking about what is legal over there.

Any inputs appreciated. If you know of something that has been approved--intake/tune, exhaust, whatever--post it here!

Thanks!

Sterling Grey Metallic 2011 Mustang GT Premium (401A/Cashmere)
Factory: Auto, Glass Roof, Nav, HID, Security, Comfort, Acc Pack 5, Remote Start, (Mach Alum Wheels)
Mods: AED Tuned, Airaid CAI, Heartthrob off-road H/catback, GT500 axlebacks, Tokico D-Specs, Eibach Pro-Kits, GT500 Strut Mounts, J&M Extreme LCAs, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, Roush UCA, BMR LCA brackets, FRPP GT500 PP Wheels w/BFG KDW 275/35/19 and 295/35/19 tires, 3.73 gears, DSS CF driveshaft, Formula One Pinnacle Tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'll do a little checking and post up my findings.I'm sure We will see several aftermarket companies getting C.A.R.B certs for various parts including exhaust.I believe Ford racing has Mufflers and air filter and there are some axlebacks that are 50 state legal.

hope this helps and thank you for your service.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

from what i know u cant have long tube headers, u have to have Cats, thats as much as i know
im sure more CA people will chime in

2006 V6 tungsten gray
Performance= Upgraded headers, Dual GT500 Mufflers, GT swaybars front and back
Looks= Black billet grille, Tri-bar pony, Black out panel, 8" antenna, Sequential taillights, 2010 GT 19" rims, GT front bumper
Interior= Dash cover, 6.3" Jensen touchscreen, white ball shifter, Custom box for a 10" sub

1970 Mustang Coupe SOLD

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

As far as I know, exhaust (cat-back or axle back only) and only if it meets the db requirement.

No intakes that I know of are CARB legal.

No headers that I know of are CARB legal.

FRPP S/C IS CARB legal, believe it or not, and I believe some of the others are as well.

This state is stupid, and run by tree-hugging nazis.

*Disclaimer, I love the environment, support conservation/preservation, but the CARB is an absolutely ridiculous bunch of dolts.

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010
Apprentice

California is a joke. The people here just voted down a measure that would have suspended a bunch of really onerous global warming laws, many of which will effect motor vehicles (even in regards to CO2). Pretty much CARB has the discretion to write any laws they want.

That being said, the only parts I've seen that are CA legal are directly from Ford. It's just too expensive for smaller supplier to pay all the fees to California state regulators to get their products tested and approved even if it's something as innocent as a CAI.

I guarantee, the day will come when the government tells Ford "you may only manufacture X number of Mustang GT's a year".
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
I guarantee, the day will come when the government tells Ford "you may only manufacture X number of Mustang GT's a year".
They have already gotten so close that they will not have to set a hard quota. As the CAFE noose gradually tightens around our necks, the auto makers will have to sell fewer of their less efficient cars.

All auto makers will raise the prices of these types of cars to limit their sales without reducing the profits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
california , california legal , exhaust , mustang gt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page