CS Front facia installed and love it but... - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

CS Front facia installed and love it but...

Got my California Special front facia installed and love the way it looks. However, I wish there was some kind of mesh insert or something that could be placed in the holes to dress it up a bit more and hide the horn and windshield washer fluid reservoir. I did not get the kit with the lights because I like the way the big fogs lights and pony look in the grill and have not plans to change that.

Any suggestions? Vendors out there, product opportunity!!!!

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks great! Did your dealer installed it? What holes are you talking about?

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think there is a brake cooling kit of some sort you can install that uses the GT/CS fog lamp holes? I remember seeing it on one of the parts/accessories sites.

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT82 | 3.55's | 400A | Red Candy/Stone | Security Pkg | Built 7/21
Installed: SVT Axelbacks w/ res delete, FRPP tune, K&N drop-in, strut tower brace, JLT oil catch can, PIAA/LEDs, GT500 splashguards, 27% tint

Sold: Rebuilt 1994 Mustang | Motorsports 5.8L/351W | HD 5M | DF clutch | 9" rear end 3.73s | Cobra 'R' brakes | aluminum driveshaft | street legal in SC (barely)

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
Got my California Special front facia installed and love the way it looks. However, I wish there was some kind of mesh insert or something that could be placed in the holes to dress it up a bit more and hide the horn and windshield washer fluid reservoir. I did not get the kit with the lights because I like the way the big fogs lights and pony look in the grill and have not plans to change that.

Any suggestions? Vendors out there, product opportunity!!!!

they probably will have a cap for them soon. since the boss comes with it
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Here's what I was thinking of:

Ford Racing 2011 Shelby GT500 Brake Cooling Kit [M-2004-A] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Hoses to run from those empty fog lamp holes back around the dust shields on the front brakes.

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT82 | 3.55's | 400A | Red Candy/Stone | Security Pkg | Built 7/21
Installed: SVT Axelbacks w/ res delete, FRPP tune, K&N drop-in, strut tower brace, JLT oil catch can, PIAA/LEDs, GT500 splashguards, 27% tint

Sold: Rebuilt 1994 Mustang | Motorsports 5.8L/351W | HD 5M | DF clutch | 9" rear end 3.73s | Cobra 'R' brakes | aluminum driveshaft | street legal in SC (barely)
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ah these holes..., well since he didn't get the fog lights there, he'll always have a hole, even with that brake cooling kit.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt View Post
Doesn't the BOSS have the brake cooling kit? Or is that just the BOSS LS that I am thinking of?

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Looks great! Did your dealer installed it?
Thanks. I had it installed at the dealer. I ordered it online through the Ford accessory site and payed an extra $50 bucks for the install at check-out. They shipped it to the dealer and I got a call from them when it arrived. The service department manager gave me a hard time and wanted to charge me more for labor. We went back and forth a bit and I finally told him fine go ahead and charge whatever additional labor you think is necessary and I'll sort it out with Ford Customer Service afterward. About 40 minutes later they handed me the key, I signed the invoice and went on my way without having to pay anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post

Ford Racing 2011 Shelby GT500 Brake Cooling Kit [M-2004-A] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Hoses to run from those empty fog lamp holes back around the dust shields on the front brakes.
Thanks. I was aware of this but $355 for hoses and a couple of fittings, that's outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt View Post
I noticed that on some of the BOSS 302 promo pictures. It would be nice if they were available for purchase now but even better if they were some sort of honeycomb mesh instead of solid. Something like this...

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
Thanks. I had it installed at the dealer. I ordered it online through the Ford accessory site and payed an extra $50 bucks for the install at check-out. They shipped it to the dealer and I got a call from them when it arrived. The service department manager gave me a hard time and wanted to charge me more for labor. We went back and forth a bit and I finally told him fine go ahead and charge whatever additional labor you think is necessary and I'll sort it out with Ford Customer Service afterward. About 40 minutes later they handed me the key, I signed the invoice and went on my way without having to pay anything else.
Great deal! Why didn't you ordered it directly when you bought the car? I think it has to be dealership installed anyway, not sure why you can't get the accessories build up with your car when you make the order, that's weird...

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post

Those are some pretty small diameter holes and tubing to get much air to the brakes

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
GT Member

Ford Racing Shelby GT500 Brake Cooling Kit

$199 here.

I've seen them for $169.

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhurricane View Post
Doesn't the BOSS have the brake cooling kit? Or is that just the BOSS LS that I am thinking of?

The Boss has vented splash guards like the GT500. The LS has the cooling ducts. Ford says they'll offer the cooling ducts over the counter for Boss owners.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Those are some pretty small diameter holes and tubing to get much air to the brakes

3" diameter is too small?

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajones View Post
3" diameter is too small?
The ducts with the GT500 brake cooling kit are 2.5" diameter, I have it installed on my car with the GT/CS valance
Apprentice

3" ducting will fit over the back of the fog light mount perfectly but the backing plate for the GT500 is for 2.5" ducts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page