Rust issues in wheel areas... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Rust issues in wheel areas...

I noticed some rust puddles and rust near the calipers and rotors on my 2011 gt. Anyone else noticing the same things? I haven't tried to clean it off yet. Does anyone have good a good cleaning solution or method to keep them clean?

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
-Sterling Grey, 3.73 Gears, 6 speed MT, 400A Spec, Accessory pkg 4, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Airaid CAI and Bama Custom Tunes. Wooo hoooo!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010
PONY Member

First off- I wouldn't worry about it, brakes rust.... it's normal.

Second off- Just go do a nice hard braking session. Then get some plain wet-wipes or something to take the dust off.

If your talking about rust that has built up a little, you really can't get it off and if you do all you are doing is exposing new material to rust.

It's better off that you just leave it alone, clean the "show off" parts of your car (Wheels/brake rotors) and be done.

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010
GT Member

When you say "near your calipers", do you mean on them, or on the base of the rotors? Can you post a pic? I'm curious as to what you are seeing.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
When you say "near your calipers", do you mean on them, or on the base of the rotors? Can you post a pic? I'm curious as to what you are seeing.
I will do that once I get a chance. I just think it looks ugly on a 35K car. It's not something I would expect to just have to deal with.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
-Sterling Grey, 3.73 Gears, 6 speed MT, 400A Spec, Accessory pkg 4, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Airaid CAI and Bama Custom Tunes. Wooo hoooo!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page