Official 2011-2014 MT-82 manual tranny shifting problems. - Page 539 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Are you experiencing rough/notchy/stiff shifting with your MT82 6-Speed?
Yes, I am experiencing rough, notchy, and stiff shifting 263 71.27%
No, I am not experiencing rough, notchy, and stiff shifting 106 28.73%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

This is what I am installed to replace the stock line.

McLeod High Performance Hydraulic Mustang Clutch Line Upgrade 139251 (05-14 V8) - Free Shipping

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Well you know Ford Performance -- gotta pay for the fancy box and the legacy of union hourly workers..........

Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
I've excepted the notchiness as just part of the transmission. It doesnt effect anything really, and you get used to it. Adding a Blowfish racing bracket has eliminated the 1st gear lockout I would occasionally get. I have never experienced the high rpm lockout.

12 GT Brembo, MT82, 3.73 rear
Wheels/Tires - 19x10/11 SVE S350 w/ 285/35 Sumitomo HTR Z III & 305/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Suspension - Strange Adj Shocks/Struts - FRPP K-Spring front, Eibach Sportline rear - J&M CC Plates - BMR LCA/Relo - Steeda Adj UCA - BMR Adj Panhard - FRPP Sway Bars - FRPP Jounce/Bump Kit
Drivetrain - Blowfish Racing Bracket - Spec Stage2 Clutch/Steel Flywheel - SVE Clutch Cable - ShaftMasters Aluminum Driveshaft
Exhaust - DNA T-304 1-7/8 Shorty Headers - Solo Mach Full Catback
Engine - Stock, for now...

Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
After trying all of the best fixes, (SS line, different fluids, Barton Shifter, new clutch, 2 release bearings) I am finally giving up and purchasing a Calimer Stage 2 transmission. That trans is rattling when in neutral and is hard going into 3rd every time. No shifting above 6K rpm. I also have a new MGW shifter and McLeod RST clutch waiting to go along with the trans. My is an early 2011 build which has proven to be the most problematic of all the MT82's.

2011 Candy Red GT Premium.Brembo brakes, 3.73, Steeda CAI, Jon Lund tune, SW headers, MRT custom exhaust with JBA mufflers, Eibach springs,BMR LCA & panhard bar. Barton shifter. Steeda Spyder wheels, Nitto NT555G2's, Steeda/Boss front LCR's, Koni Sport shocks and struts. Boss lower front valance, Roush Billet grille, Steeda Racing rear wing.
Apprentice

Good luck with the upgrade and please report back on what you think of the new trains and clutch. Feedback really helps a lot of us make decisions. Thanks

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS 3:73 gears Roush Axle Backs Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket JLT oil separator passenger and driver side Chrome shift knob with Barton chrome boot retainer
Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
I installed the Calimer Stage 1 transmission along with the new shifter and clutch. What a difference. The transmission is butter smooth and not hang ups going up or down. The MGW race spec shifter is an improvement over my 1st generation Barton, very smooth and short throws. I have not pushed the envelope with either yet as I was having issues with the new clutch and flywheel. Developed vibration after install and after 3 trips to 2 different transmission shops and a different clutch ( replaced the RST with a McLeod Extreme) the second shop discovered the lightweight Mcleod was the cause of the vibration. The original flywheel was still in good condition so we put it back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 , manual transmission , notchy , rough shifting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in