post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jsnyng
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT96drvr View Post
Thanks for bumping this thread - now I am out $120.00
It's worth every penny for peace of mind and preventive maintenance. I run my car hard, and I expect it to respond every time. Oil in the intake is not something I want to deal with long term.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
My Mods --> jsnyng.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Mine just came in, but I haven't had the opportunity to install it yet.

I noticed that I had an option of purchasing a passenger side or driver's side model, so I chose the driver's side. I'm assuming I can install either or, right?

The Screamin' Demon
2011 Mustang GT - Black on Black
Pkgs: 401K, Brembo, Comfort, Security, Electronics, GT Coupe Accessory Pkg 5 (hood, pedestal, Window Louvers, Decklid)
Aftermarket: 3.73 Gear, AirRaid CAI, Roush Axle-back system
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jsnyng
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwchristopher View Post

I noticed that I had an option of purchasing a passenger side or driver's side model, so I chose the driver's side. I'm assuming I can install either or, right?
I'd call JLT and see if they will let you exchange it or if there are any problems putting the driver's side can on the passenger side. JLT did extensive testing and showed that passenger side is all that is really needed unless you are doing some serious road course racing in the car.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
My Mods --> jsnyng.net

GT Member

Quote:

What jsnyng said.

JLT said that unless you're a road racer, you will not have any use for the driver side. The one for the passenger side is the one you should have got. Send the one you have back and order the passenger side one.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
Apprentice
S197 Member

Crap. That's what I thought.

Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks all

The Screamin' Demon
Pkgs: 401K, Brembo, Comfort, Security, Electronics, GT Coupe Accessory Pkg 5 (hood, pedestal, Window Louvers, Decklid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHero View Post
I was going to just replace the hose with fuel hose since I really liked the UPR can but could not for the life of me locate any 5/8" fuel hose at the 10+ local parts stores in my area. The JLT can, although much smaller, uses proper hoses and fittings from Ford.
Is that 5/8" inner diameter or outer? Pretty sure JLT uses a universal can, they just change the quick connect lines for each application. JLT says they are 3/8" NPT which is a -6. I ordered their can, two -6 AN to 3/8" NPT fittings, Aeqoquip Socketless hose, and two -6 fittings. I haven't received it yet but I am hoping to use the OEM quick connects for now and eventually plan on making an entirely new system using a Peterson one way pop off valve and different catch can.

Peterson Fluid Systems : Engine Breather

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHero View Post
Did you notice any metal shavings inside your catch can when you first got it from JLT? When I got mine there were quite a bit of shavings left in the threads of the lid and the can, it took a while to get them all out -don't want metal shavings going back into my 5.0!
Good looking out!
PONY Member

Tough getting your hand in there after "popping off" the engine cover. After about 5 minutes, the install was done.

It seemed a little too simple for you to think that it's perfectly installed, but I am used to older cars and tricky connectors and hose clamps.

Oh, and as a side note. If you go JLT, clean the catch can a bit before install. There were a lot of shavings and particles that I wouldn't want in my intake after install.

2011 Ingot Silver GT Premium - 6MT - California Special - HID - 3.73 - Glass Roof - Roush Axle Backs
BBR Shortie Antenna - Viper SmartStart - Barton Shifter & Bracket - JLT Oil Separator - Amsoil Synchromesh

Ordered: 11/6/10 | Obtained VIN: 11/19/2010 | Delivery Date: 12/23/2010 | Window Sticker: 12/10/2010 | Build Date: 12/16/2010 | Body Shop: 12/14/2010 | Trim Line: 12/15/2010 | Ready to Ship: 12/16/2010 | New Delivery Date: 12/29/2010 | Delivered: 1/5/2011
MACH I Member

Quote:

For Positive Crank Case Ventilation (PCV) to work it has to have an intake (vacuum), and an exit (blow-by). The intake is on the the drivers side (little or no oil accumulation) and the PCV valve is on the passenger side. Hence not needing the drivers side catch can. The nice thing about JLT catch cans is they come with the same tubing Ford uses for their PCV lines. These are not flexible so its important to order the correct part. They install in about 2 seconds and even look like an OEM part.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Thanks for the info, everyone. I am replacing my driver side one for a passenger side.

BTW, I cannot say enough about the excellent support I received from JLT.

The Screamin' Demon
PONY Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info, everyone. I am replacing my driver side one for a passenger side.

BTW, I cannot say enough about the excellent support I received from JLT.
I felt the same way about Barton. It's great to know that there are not only companies making excellent products, but their customer service is top-notch as well.

2011 Ingot Silver GT Premium - 6MT - California Special - HID - 3.73 - Glass Roof - Roush Axle Backs
BBR Shortie Antenna - Viper SmartStart - Barton Shifter & Bracket - JLT Oil Separator - Amsoil Synchromesh

Ordered: 11/6/10 | Obtained VIN: 11/19/2010 | Delivery Date: 12/23/2010 | Window Sticker: 12/10/2010 | Build Date: 12/16/2010 | Body Shop: 12/14/2010 | Trim Line: 12/15/2010 | Ready to Ship: 12/16/2010 | New Delivery Date: 12/29/2010 | Delivered: 1/5/2011
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Fastredponycar
I've got the black anodized JLT catch can sitting in my garage with some other parts waiting on my car to show up.

The turbo piping in my current car is literally coated with oil and I've had to clean the PCV system twice since I got it as a result of this oil.

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

373 RWHP / 356 TQ - Stock on 87 octane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page