Stock vs. ProCal vs. Bama - 2011 Mustang GT Dyno Results - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
daddydGT

I love my frpp procal tune and filter! Way better throttle response and more horse power and torque! Not leas than stock! I Gaines 15 rwhp with it and it's a way safer tune than a bama tune! It won't push the car as hard and create problems down the road...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

"it's a way safer tune than a bama tune!"

DaddydGT,

How is your Ford Racing tune safer than a Bama tune? Do you base this on some evidence or is it your opinion? If it is your opinion, what do you base this off of? Please enlighten us.

2011 GT premium/Auto Trans./Ford Racing 3.73 gear/Airaid Intake/Bama tunes/Koni STR-T/Steeda sport springs/Steeda UCA, LCA, and adjustable panhard bar/Borla Atak cat-back/Steeda 14" brake kit on front and 13" brake kit on rear wheels, UPR catch-can...
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4-2011 View Post
"it's a way safer tune than a bama tune!"

DaddydGT,

How is your Ford Racing tune safer than a Bama tune? Do you base this on some evidence or is it your opinion? If it is your opinion, what do you base this off of? Please enlighten us.
That's what I was thinking. I have never heard of any problems from their tunes. I have never heard of a Bama tune pinging, but I have with the Procal

XCharger HiPo 2.8, JBA shorty headers, Zabteck ported & polished TB, Mac ProChamber, Flowmaster American Thunders, GT500 shocks/struts/strut mounts, GT500 front LCA's, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum d/s

PONY Member

I think he means by "safer" that Ford won't void your warranty. Double checked with Ford and any accessory part that comes directly from them, will not void your warranty.

That's a nice thing to know.

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by konablue5oh View Post
I thought that when you go WOT like on a dyno run the AFR should go somewhat rich - between 12-13.
Quote:
So did you all hear any pinging noise during the pulls?
I did not hear any pinging on the dyno pulls although I expected to...maybe it was just too loud to hear them. I have heard it occasionally when in the car going WOT. It seems to ping for a sec and then settle down...which is in line with what the Ford engineer told me they expected.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
Apprentice

Timeless, do you run with Octane adjust set to "Yes"?
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Timeless, do you run with Octane adjust set to "Yes"?
Dealer installed it...I would bet they chose the 93 octane tune with all the default values.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydGT View Post
I have the frpp procal tune and k&n filter and I gained 15rwhp from stock with my dyno runs! So that is false info you gave.....I wouldn't try and push your Nama tunes so hard...if people want them they will get them.
Was that a peak gain or under the curve? Do you have the dyno to post up?

2011 5.0 Performance White Premuim 3.73 6spd manual HID Heated Seats bone stock (for now)
9/2010 build date
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Also can we run bolt ons with the pro cal tune from FRPP without issues? Meaning Borla catback and say a BBK CAI or is it sensitive to even a cat back?

2011 5.0 Performance White Premuim 3.73 6spd manual HID Heated Seats bone stock (for now)
9/2010 build date
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_stallion View Post
Also can we run bolt ons with the pro cal tune from FRPP without issues? Meaning Borla catback and say a BBK CAI or is it sensitive to even a cat back?
I am not the expert, but have always been told anything CAT back is not going to really affect anything. Helps with sound, but not performance. I can tell you I have GT500 mufflers with mine and no problems.

Also, it seems that a CAI is pretty much a waste as the stock CAI does a good job.

A third party CAI is also going to be a warranty issue if you care about that.

If it were me and I definitely wanted a CAI/Tune combo, then I would stick with ones that have been proven together. Just keep in mind that your warranty is subject to problems depending on the dealership you use.

GT Member

You know, it is a shame we do not have someone like consumer reports doing a non-bias research on things like this…
It makes one wonder how much all of the advertisement on tunes and corner bolt on parts is BS and how much is truth… I guess the only way to find out is spend the money yourself and dyno every part from base to mod to see if the return is worth the money… but do you share it for free?
I have three canned tunes for my car, (canned tune = e-mail tune or preprogrammed tuner based on PCM code of a car) I will not mention the three tune manufactures just to make life simple… I am about to add a forth tune to my collection.
My personal opinion of the three tunes; with one tune… the car feels better, drives better and when you let off the gas it pulls down faster… does it make the most HP? I do not care… It is my personal driving preferences…

This thread is nothing more then a pissing contest…

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
You know, it is a shame we do not have someone like consumer reports doing a non-bias research on things like this…
It makes one wonder how much all of the advertisement on tunes and corner bolt on parts is BS and how much is truth… I guess the only way to find out is spend the money yourself and dyno every part from base to mod to see if the return is worth the money… but do you share it for free?
I have three canned tunes for my car, (canned tune = e-mail tune or preprogrammed tuner based on PCM code of a car) I will not mention the three tune manufactures just to make life simple… I am about to add a forth tune to my collection.
My personal opinion of the three tunes; with one tune… the car feels better, drives better and when you let off the gas it pulls down faster… does it make the most HP? I do not care… It is my personal driving preferences…

This thread is nothing more then a pissing contest…
Not a pissing contest at least on my part.

I just thought people might be interested in the fact that the Ford Racing tune does not lose power....proven by two dyno sheets so far.

Is it the tune with the most gains? Heck no.

Does it keep your warranty valid while giving some improvement in power, responsiveness, removal of skip shift? Heck yes.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
Dealer installed it...I would bet they chose the 93 octane tune with all the default values.
I got a pretty nasty ping first time out... it went away when I switched Octane Adjust to Yes. I was using 93 octane fuel.

In my left brain there's nothing right, and in my right brain there's nothing left.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossWhisperer65 View Post
I got a pretty nasty ping first time out... it went away when I switched Octane Adjust to Yes. I was using 93 octane fuel.
I'm assuming this is not the default setting?

And can I check it without actually re-flashing it?

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
I'm assuming this is not the default setting?

And can I check it without actually re-flashing it?
Default install is Octane adjust = No. The instructions tell u to switch to Yes if you hear pinging. Yes you can check setting without reflashing: Plug in procal. Turn key on. Select 'Programming'. Select 'Edit config'. You will then see what the octane adjust is set to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2011 mustang , bama , dyno , procal , results

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page