2011+ Mustang GT Roushcharger WITH calibration now available! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2011+ Mustang GT Roushcharger WITH calibration now available!

Good news has come to us in the form of boost! Just recently Roush has finished their 525hp calibrated supercharger kit. So recently in fact, that it's not yet up on their website. But they are going to have the full info available online soon.

The information came to me from Roush directly when I inquired about the kit to their Southwest regional representative when he was at our dealership a few weeks back.

The representative also explained that it's common for a calibrator/tuner/etc... to adjust many different areas in the car's PCM. Roush apparently does far more specific tuning for their calibrations. He said that Roush's changes are multiple times more extensive than typical tuning.

Roush told me that the kit would run $6100 vs $5899 for the tuner kit. $200 bucks for professional tuning and a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty sounds pretty great to me. The calibrated kit is only going to be sold for manual transmissions. The tuner kit can be purchased for automatics, then Roush has recommended tuners around the country that you could use.

Also, we will have to wait for dyno results, but apparently the 525hp number is a little sandbagged.

Our dealership can order the kits anytime now and we have certified technicians to install it. (ASC Certified tech installation is needed for the warranty to apply, but they prefer Ford Certified technicians)

Link to Roushchargers:
http://www.roushperformance.com/must...ger-kits.shtml

2005 Ford Focus ST 2.3L- Focussport Intake, Cosworth Intake Manifold, Cosworth Header and Flex Pipe, Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, FSWerks Tune on X-Cal 2, Hawk pads, stainless brake lines, Quaife LSD, 4.06 Final drive, Exedy clutch and flywheel, KW Variant 1 coilovers, Steeda STS shifter
On a Mustang Forum for fun....

Last edited by pcfrisch; 01-12-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I know that Roush does sandbag their numbers. Some with the 4.6 TVS motor rated at 540HP were getting 510-540 rwhp on a dyno. I know the numbers can be all over the place depending. Roush did bring a prototype to the Stugis show and it showed 540HP on the data plate. The usual calibration that Roush uses is very conservative, resulting the in 3 year/36K mile warrenty. If only I needed one!
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011
Apprentice

What does Installation Run, I'm guessing ~$800??

2011 Race Red Auto
RoushCharged Vert

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboba6 View Post
What does Installation Run, I'm guessing ~$800??
I just called and asked for you. We haven't installed a supercharger on a new 5.0 yet, but based on install time from the 05-10 4.6's a ballpark would be about $1000, maybe 1200. That is for a certified Ford technician to install the kit and have the warranty absolutely apply. I think that a more exact figure will be available after the first install, but for now it's an estimate.

2005 Ford Focus ST 2.3L- Focussport Intake, Cosworth Intake Manifold, Cosworth Header and Flex Pipe, Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, FSWerks Tune on X-Cal 2, Hawk pads, stainless brake lines, Quaife LSD, 4.06 Final drive, Exedy clutch and flywheel, KW Variant 1 coilovers, Steeda STS shifter
On a Mustang Forum for fun....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page