2011 Mustang GT with Brembo package and full spare - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88penguins View Post
When the car turns, one wheel rotates faster than the other. I think the differential will see a difference in wheel size the same way. I wouldn't drive cross country like that, but getting to a tire shop should be OK.

Anyone else want to chime in?
and if you have a dsc system in the car.. it is just funny..

beers

lurking for knowledge 04rx8 track car, 12 GTI dsg daily driver

2015 eco boost with track pack = rx8 on track, but with power????????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I like this spare tire idea. Do they make a matching wide 18" for the rear? I'm thinking I can mount up some drag radials on the rears, run the skinny fronts at the track. Then for street, use the front as a spare...

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Someone mentioned on another site that they put a spare from a 370z sport package and it fits perfect. I work for a nissan dealer and I have tons of take off stuff and there are a few spares including one aluminum looking spare which I think is from a Z car. I will be test fitting the take off spares I have when I get my 12's and I'm fairly confident I'll come up with a spare for free, hopefully the light aluminum one...

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.

GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Fastredponycar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
Someone mentioned on another site that they put a spare from a 370z sport package and it fits perfect. I work for a nissan dealer and I have tons of take off stuff and there are a few spares including one aluminum looking spare which I think is from a Z car. I will be test fitting the take off spares I have when I get my 12's and I'm fairly confident I'll come up with a spare for free, hopefully the light aluminum one...
keep us posted because if it fits, I may snag one from you if you can do that?

does the Z use the same lug pattern/spacing as the mustang? (too lazy to google.. busy trying to touch base with all my people around the state after last night's tornado beating)

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

373 RWHP / 356 TQ - Stock on 87 octane
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I only have one Z spare, so if it works it'll be going in my 12'. You can probably snag one from a salvage yard though.

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Fastredponycar
that's cool. I'm just curious if it fits the hub correctly, clears the brembos and stows away in the trunk without the cover flap being raised up.

Edit: Holy CRAP! Nissan charges over $600 for the spare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

373 RWHP / 356 TQ - Stock on 87 octane
Apprentice

hi newbie here. having had a sidewall blowout in the past, i've been looking at that compressor in the trunk with a certain amount of dread too....

i do not know if this has been mentioned already, but tirerack sells an svt wheel that looks just like the 19" brembo package wheel, but it only comes in black? what do you guys think of that one?
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2r View Post
hi newbie here. having had a sidewall blowout in the past, i've been looking at that compressor in the trunk with a certain amount of dread too....

i do not know if this has been mentioned already, but tirerack sells an svt wheel that looks just like the 19" brembo package wheel, but it only comes in black? what do you guys think of that one?

Its the same wheel with a different finish. Doesn't fit down into the wheel well. Sticks up.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastredponycar View Post
that's cool. I'm just curious if it fits the hub correctly, clears the brembos and stows away in the trunk without the cover flap being raised up.

Edit: Holy CRAP! Nissan charges over $600 for the spare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats why you get a take off...

Junkyard, salvage yard, wrecker, fleabay, craigslist...

Apprentice

Quote:
Its the same wheel with a different finish. Doesn't fit down into the wheel well. Sticks up.
just how badly does it stick up? some say 2", others say more... does anyone have a picture of this "hump"? i don't mind an uneven floor if it isn't a big deal, but if it ends up looking like mount rushmore hiding under a carpet well... meh.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The point with me is I don't want ANY bump at all. Its a brand new car that I plan on showing off a little. Details like that bother me. There are a bunch of little things that bother me which is why I plan on changing all of them...

Apprentice

ugh double post... sorry
Apprentice

Quote:
The point with me is I don't want ANY bump at all. Its a brand new car that I plan on showing off a little. Details like that bother me. There are a bunch of little things that bother me which is why I plan on changing all of them...
not having looked at the trunk in great detail, maybe building a false floor (plywood, partible wood, etc.) that goes around the spare tire well that is still able to be covered by the trunk carpeting could be made to make up for the height difference?
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nah, there is some vehicle on the road somewhere that has a compatible spare. Just has to be found...

PONY Member
Classic Member

There are tires that fit

Got a tire and rip from Discount tire that fits over the Brembo's but it does stick up about 1.5" above the wheel well. I can live with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page