2011 Mustang GT with Brembo package and full spare - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Just wanted to bump this in case anyone was still thinking of doing it. Bought the Drag DR-31 wheel 18x8 and a Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tire in a 225/50/18. Tight fit but it works trunk mat probably sits about an inch higher than before. For me it was completely worth for the peace of mind. I got a jack from an older Taurus and bought a breaker bar from Amazon. So in case the worst happens I will be good.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	712.2 KB
ID:	442466   Click image for larger version

Name:	131.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	840.9 KB
ID:	442474   Click image for larger version

Name:	132.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	522.8 KB
ID:	442482   Click image for larger version

Name:	133.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	511.8 KB
ID:	442490  

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Make sure your jack is under 4 inches high when closed or it won't fit under the side skirts shen you have a flat on a back tire.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdz12250 View Post
July 2012 update. Works perfectly on my 2013 GT Premium vert. Got the DR31 18x8 35 offset rim; works the same as the DR34.

Kellen is no longer at Discount Tire Direct, but everyone there now knows the setup. Call them up and give them the parts list on this thread, and in three days or so the whole setup will show up at your place for about $280, shipping included.

You really cannot tell that the tire is there when you put the trunk mat back. It sticks up negligibly. The guys who are talking about it sticking up a few inches are talking about the full size Brembo wheel. Does not look like a kludge at all. Still looks factory.

There really is no logical reason to omit the spare on Brembo cars, other than saving one or two hundred bucks. The fantastic thing about Mustangs is that when the bean counters at Fix Or Repair Daily Motor Company cheap out on something, there's this huge base of enthusiasts on forums like this, and the aftermarket that serves them, to fill the hole.

First American car I have ever bought new, and I'm over 60. There were tiny build quality glitches (ambient lights, pool lights) out of the factory, but Ford and the dealer stand solidly behind the car. Everything of importance worked perfectly. Brings back all the memories. I look for excuses to drive and listen to that exhaust note. Couldn't be happier.
When you mention the list, you mean post #63, right?

"To find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
-1997 Lincoln Town Car (Executive Series)
-1989 Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series)
-1973 Volkswagen Bus (Weekender)
-2001 Kawasaki Vulcan (1500 Classic)

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I know this is an old thread but Has anyone tried this setup in there 2015 Mustangs?

The Lugs have Changed to 14MM x 1.5 for the 2015's

So I know I need new Nuts... but does the wheel and tire fit the 2015's?

I'm sure this will wake up alot of the folks who though they could just use this setup in their 2015's...

2015 Mustang GT Performance Package... Stock for now..
PONY Member

why would you need new nuts for the spare>? couldn't you use the original lugs?

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
why would you need new nuts for the spare>? couldn't you use the original lugs?
The Spare wheel used in this thread needs thin walled lug nuts. Due to the lug holes being smaller. So the old thread pattern nuts would not work on the 2015.

2015 Mustang GT Performance Package... Stock for now..
PONY Member

Gotcha, SO I need to get the lug nuts that go with the rim mentioned here. I take it it don't come with it, eh?

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
Gotcha, SO I need to get the lug nuts that go with the rim mentioned here. I take it it don't come with it, eh?
if you order it from discount tire, you can order lugs for the new wheel as well. That is what I did.

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Pack, Electronics Pack, Comfort Pack, Borla S Type Catback BMR LCAs Roush Chin Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page