Electronics Package installation - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Electronics Package installation

Hey all,

I am regretting after the fact not getting the factory electronics package as an option on my mustang.

Aftermarket in-dash systems require that metra kit and for those who have seen it, it looks cheap in my opinion.

Has anyone installed the factory nav into a car that had just the sync package? Where could I get the part #'s for this?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011
GT Member

This was talked about in at least one thread for the 2010s (before the 2011s came out) on the MUSTANGFORUMS site. There were a couple of posters that said they researched it, and that you could not reasonable retrofit the factory navigation.

Take it for what it's worth. Try searching over on the forum.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

from the 5.0 and super fords mag April issue. In the SEMA section they show a head unit replacement center console from a site called scosche. web sit eis a pain. I am thinkn it is just for the head unit kits

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supes2011GT View Post
from the 5.0 and super fords mag April issue. In the SEMA section they show a head unit replacement center console from a site called scosche. web sit eis a pain. I am thinkn it is just for the head unit kits
plus that scosche unit was supposed to come out last holiday season, then they said by end of january 2011, then they said by end of february 2011, publications said by this spring, now someone said they called scosche and they said it wont be ready till this summer.

i heard they are having trouble making it cost effective...also IMO although it looks nice, it places the nav unit too low to where the automatic shifter or (3rd gear for manual) would block the screen.

some people are getting fed up and just getting the metra but it cheapens the interior way too much IMO.

basic dash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> metra kit with nav unit (appearance)

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

cababah, im with you on the basic dash looking much better than the metra kit.

The schosche does put the unit way to low.

Factory is by far best. Big screen up top. I guess well have to wait for more solutions....

cidsamuth thanks for the heads up
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011
PONY Member

Anyone have a picture of the metra kit?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyGT View Post
cidsamuth thanks for the heads up
Anything for a Mountaineer
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011
Apprentice

Wow, that Metra kit looks like crap. Especially the buttons. The screen is pretty cheap looking, too. I think you guys just need to find a reputable stereo shop around you that builds fiberglass enclosures for subwoofers and stuff. Any good shop should be able to build you a custom dash panel to hold a double DIN head unit. They should be able to use the stock panel, cut it out, and use fiberglass/resin to fill in what they need.

You would likely have to paint it. If it's hard to match the finish to the stock panels, just have it all painted another color. If you look at the new Saleens, they have all the trim painted gloss black. It looks badass.

I wanted the Shaker 1000 system, but I'm so glad I got the Electronics Package instead. The nav system/screen is one of my favorite parts of my car.

2011 Mustang GT - Kona Blue, 6MT, Brembos, 3.73s, Everything but auto & glass roof.
BMR Springs, K&N Drop-in, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011
Apprentice

yeah! go 'eers! haha '08 grad here

2012 Mustang GT California Special (black on black) w/ 3.55's (#12 out of TBD)
Ordered: 1/27 -- Window Sticker: 2/25 --Built: 3/3 Delivered: 3/29

Mods for car: GT500 Axleback, Heartthrob Cat-Axle w/ H-pipe, JLT Oil Sep, Airraid CAI, Bama Tunes
Coming soon: RTR wheels/275-40 Hankook V12 all around, 20% tin, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, Steeda HD Mounts,
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The new Iphone 4G has nav on it and its cheaper than any aftermarket system. Plus - you can read it by not looking down at the dash, which is safer while driving.

Just a suggestion. (handshake)

2011 Kona Blue GT. Ordered on April 12th - Built 6-10-10 - Delivered in June. 6-Speed Premium. HID Lights. 3.73's. Premium Upgrade. Rapid Spec Package 401A. Security System. Just had windows tinted 35% and it looks so awesome against the Kona Blue color.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSTBLK View Post
yeah! go 'eers! haha '08 grad here

I love when random threads turn in to GO 'eers.

P.S. heading to keglers for lunch!

Mike
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL 302 GT View Post
The new Iphone 4G has nav on it and its cheaper than any aftermarket system. Plus - you can read it by not looking down at the dash, which is safer while driving.

Just a suggestion. (handshake)
I am going to look into this.... good idea.

I also have not renewed my sat. radio subscription as I found streaming pandora and such from my phone(unlimited data) is free and works just as good. the left/right buttons on the radio/steering wheel also signal back thru bluetooth to change the song on my phone.....pretty snazzzy!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page