Shelby Front end conversion starts next week. - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wily coyote View Post
Hmmm. I think about $2800 for everything. Ordered everything through ford except hood. Hood was 1049 through mr body kit. Which is out of Vancouver. Now keep in mind I got deals the parts as I get dealer cost ( Minus the hood ). Most of the complete kits you can buy are about $4000 + un painted.
Just call Ford parts department where you bought your car. Tell them you want certain parts and to give you a deal. Most dealerships are good with that after you have bought a $40000 car.

Not the Cheapest mod. But in my opinion well worth it.
Thanks for the info. I think this will be a must do mod for myself when i get my 2012 GT towards end of this year but only if I get some dealer pricing on this stuff which I agree with you I should be able to pull off.

$3K or under for all that said and done I think I live with that. I will install everything myself. I just need a shop to paint all the body parts.

Were you able to re-use your stock GT headlights?

When you say mr.bodykit is based out of Vancouver... is that Vancouver, BC or Vancouver, WA?

And we need more pics of the completed project!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I like the idea of the flags each side of the snake and think if you can pull it off adding 5.0 to the left and GT to the right would be excellent. Unfortunately you will probably need to have them made special and then they will stand above the inserted snake unless you mod the grill.

Removing the snake and adding something else will just make it look tacky and no matter what, you will see the outline of the snake. Removing it and doing nothing still leaves the outline which would be worse and look half done.

One final idea and I will shut up. Ever thought of painting the snake matt or gloss black and then putting in red accents like the eyes etc. This would tone down the appearence a little and make it unique to your car only.

Just seems like a lot of work to appease an opinion to me. Why mess up all the hard work to satisfy someone other than you?

Leave the snake alone it looks fine... IMHO

2008 Shelby GT500 Torch Red / Black - FRP Stingers, Factory Nav, Ambient lighting, HID, Leather Upgrade Package, Seq Tail Lights, Etc..

2011 V6 MCA Edition Ingot Silver / Stone (1 of 6) - Traded

2011 5.0 Grabber Blue GT/CS (1 of 18) - Hers - Auto, Shaker 1000, HID, Comfort and Secuity
post #93 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaystar86 View Post
Thanks for the info. I think this will be a must do mod for myself when i get my 2012 GT towards end of this year but only if I get some dealer pricing on this stuff which I agree with you I should be able to pull off.

$3K or under for all that said and done I think I live with that. I will install everything myself. I just need a shop to paint all the body parts.

Were you able to re-use your stock GT headlights?

When you say mr.bodykit is based out of Vancouver... is that Vancouver, BC or Vancouver, WA?

And we need more pics of the completed project!!!
Yes the headlights are the same, compared to the 05-09 style that had to get the shelby lights so that helps. Yes I believe its Vancouver BC.

post #94 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_90_50 View Post
I like the idea of the flags each side of the snake and think if you can pull it off adding 5.0 to the left and GT to the right would be excellent. Unfortunately you will probably need to have them made special and then they will stand above the inserted snake unless you mod the grill.

Removing the snake and adding something else will just make it look tacky and no matter what, you will see the outline of the snake. Removing it and doing nothing still leaves the outline which would be worse and look half done.

One final idea and I will shut up. Ever thought of painting the snake matt or gloss black and then putting in red accents like the eyes etc. This would tone down the appearence a little and make it unique to your car only.

Just seems like a lot of work to appease an opinion to me. Why mess up all the hard work to satisfy someone other than you?

Leave the snake alone it looks fine... IMHO
Well I have the aluminum already for the flags and it is the perfect hight/ ( level with the snake ) I also have a buddy that said he can CNC machine it to say what ever I want. So I should be ok there.
I really like the snakes not to be a "Poser " but just cause it suites the car. When I am done there won't be any confusion that its a GT 5.0 customized and not a shelby. Although at a quick glance it may be mistaken but upon closer inspection they will no. There will not be any SHELBY lettering on the car. I just like doin my own thing.
I actually was considering using a black tint on all crome and even the snakes. I did that with the chrome Ram head on my Challenger and added red eyes. I'll cross that bridge when I get there
Thanks for the ideas.
GT Member

Quote:
Yes the headlights are the same, compared to the 05-09 style that had to get the shelby lights so that helps. Yes I believe its Vancouver BC.
cool thanks again for the info. do post more pics when you get some.
Apprentice

Looks Killer!!!

I was kinda hoping it wouldn't look so good (I recently installed a Roush front bumper cover), b/c I hate paying for anything twice but it looks like I'll be selling a custom painted Roush bumper cover at a loss here soon.

Oh and if it doesn't say "Shelby" on the car then you are not posing. Period. And ef the people who say you are.

2011 Grabber Blue Premium GT 401A, 6M,Brembo Pkg, Comfort Pkg, 3.73, HID's,
Spoiler Delete
post #97 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa-B View Post
Looks Killer!!!

I was kinda hoping it wouldn't look so good (I recently installed a Roush front bumper cover), b/c I hate paying for anything twice but it looks like I'll be selling a custom painted Roush bumper cover at a loss here soon.

Oh and if it doesn't say "Shelby" on the car then you are not posing. Period. And ef the people who say you are.
Thanks Killa
Apprentice
5.0L Member

nice dude.

PONY Member

Quote:
Hood is on. Will post pics asap
My dream right there... gorgeous...

Can't afford this anytime soon... and by the time I can, I'll probably be on to my next car lol
Rookie

Man it looks bad ass , hope to see the finish picks soon

2011 Mustang GT premium. 3.73 MT, brembo package.. Black on Black :yelpleased:
post #101 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks again guys. I am just waiting on the front chin spoiler. Ford sent me a 09 piece instead of the 2010 & up. So I should have it together tomorrow. Will snap some pics
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to wmc2404 Send a message via Yahoo to wmc2404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa-B View Post
Looks Killer!!!

What I might do to mine since I’m doing the same conversion once my car gets here around May 20th, is I might add the F O R D letters to the front hood lip to make it look more old school while still being new and BA. And get a Ford Racing Supercharger or a Kenne Bell Supercharger… then you can have saying whatever you want on the car because it will be equally as fast if not faster than the GT500’s

Jamie (Willie) C.
04 Mustang GT: Red, Black Leather Interior
12 Mustang 5.0 Premium: Black, 401A Red Leather Interior, 3.73, HID/Security, Nav. System
post #103 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Heres a few more pics. Not the best lighting but I promis I'll get better pics once the chin spoiler arrives. Also the vents are temporary till the angled ones are ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	603.8 KB
ID:	127460   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	514.4 KB
ID:	127461   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0214.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	620.4 KB
ID:	127462   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0215.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	636.2 KB
ID:	127463   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	127464  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	720.7 KB
ID:	127465  
Apprentice

Quote:
Heres a few more pics. Not the best lighting but I promis I'll get better pics once the chin spoiler arrives. Also the vents are temporary till the angled ones are ordered.
looks great wily!

Now for the black wheels.....does it ever end?? lol

Apprentice

take the snake off..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page