Shelby Front end conversion starts next week. - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
take the snake off..
Nope. As mentioned, I have plans. Like it or not it is staying for the time being, and may multiply

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to wmc2404 Send a message via Yahoo to wmc2404
Ok I got a couple of questions for you...

With those headlight covers, do they dim your lights a lot? I have HID's and Im going to get 10000K bulbs for them, but I really want those covers!!! I also live in Alaska where it is dark most of the day in the winter, so nice bright headlights are a must.

Where did you get those covers? Most places online say no for use on HID headlight lamps...

How much did your grill cost and where did you get it?

Dose that hood restrict viewing area compared to the stock hood?

Jamie (Willie) C.
04 Mustang GT: Red, Black Leather Interior
12 Mustang 5.0 Premium: Black, 401A Red Leather Interior, 3.73, HID/Security, Nav. System
post #108 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmc2404 View Post
Ok I got a couple of questions for you...

With those headlight covers, do they dim your lights a lot? I have HID's and I’m going to get 10000K bulbs for them, but I really want those covers!!! I also live in Alaska where it is dark most of the day in the winter, so nice bright headlights are a must.

Where did you get those covers? Most places online say no for use on HID headlight lamps...

How much did your grill cost and where did you get it?

Dose that hood restrict viewing area compared to the stock hood?
I never read anything bout not using with HID's . Got them from American Muscle. Hmmm you got me worried? But the lights shine through great and I drive with them at night.
The Billet grille overlays are $89 each at Mr Bodykit which is where I got them. The view with this hood is fine. It's real agressive but unless your 3 apples tall you should you shouldn't have a prob. I guess I should look into the HID and not using covers...

PONY Member

When are you going to get wheels? Now the front end looks beastly but the rest of the car lacks. When does the altering ever end?!
post #110 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquill1 View Post
When are you going to get wheels? Now the front end looks beastly but the rest of the car lacks. When does the altering ever end?!
Wheels are staying. They look very close to super snake wheels but not chrome. Nicest stock wheels on a stang in my opinion. Still doin the Shelby rear spoiler and lower valence. Prob gonna drop a inch as well to. Cervini Side scoops and super snake / Elenore style window scoops. But Unfortunately I am not rich and can only do so much at a time. Should all be done by summer. Oh and I have my SCT tuner and ghost cam tune coming next week
PONY Member

If you're going to pretend to be a Shelby, are you at least going to supercharge it? Otherwise it's like people with base Imprezas and Lancers putting the STi or Evo spoiler on to try to fool people into thinking they have the faster, more expensive car.

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 401A, 6MT, Brembo, Comfort, Security, HIDs, Rear Camera
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Bama tune, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 4.10s, Barton Shifter & Bracket, JLT Oil Separator, BMR LCAs & Relocation Brackets, Steeda Adjustable UCA
13.31 @ 109.6 at 7,383' DA
post #112 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
If you're going to pretend to be a Shelby, are you at least going to supercharge it? Otherwise it's like people with base Imprezas and Lancers putting the STi or Evo spoiler on to try to fool people into thinking they have the faster, more expensive car.
Not pretending. I have plans but not saying exactly till done. NO SHELBY LETTERING WILL BE ON THE CAR. The snakes where on 03 & 04 and some older moldes that were not Shelby cars. Trust me, even if I have the snakes on everyone will know it's a 5.0 GT when I'm done. As for supercharging. YES but not for a bit.

As for fooling people thats not what I am goin for. I have already had people ask if it's a real cobra. I say no, there are no new cobras only GT500's, and I point to the 5.0 and say it's the new 5 liter.
Like I said, once I am done with the looks mod's anyone who pulls up or stops and looks at the car will know it's NOT a GT 500. It will be a custom GT/5.0
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to wmc2404 Send a message via Yahoo to wmc2404
Quote:
Originally Posted by wily coyote View Post
I never read anything bout not using with HID's . Got them from American Muscle. Hmmm you got me worried? But the lights shine through great and I drive with them at night.
The Billet grille overlays are $89 each at Mr Bodykit which is where I got them. The view with this hood is fine. It's real agressive but unless your 3 apples tall you should you shouldn't have a prob. I guess I should look into the HID and not using covers...
Are they Stick on covers or are they hard plastic covers that bolt to the inside somewhere?

Jamie (Willie) C.
04 Mustang GT: Red, Black Leather Interior
12 Mustang 5.0 Premium: Black, 401A Red Leather Interior, 3.73, HID/Security, Nav. System
post #114 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmc2404 View Post
Are they Stick on covers or are they hard plastic covers that bolt to the inside somewhere?
Clip on. So they are easy on easy off. If you get pulled over by the cops you may get outta trouble by saying that you were at a car show and forgot to take them off and will do so right now.
PONY Member

Have you looked into the silverhorse racing window louvers instead of the supersnake version?

I have the brembo package as well and they look good as a stock wheel/tire package but I personally don't think they are dramatic enough for what you are trying to pull off. Again that is just my opinion and just like arse's we all have one.

Personally the wheels need to fill the wheel well a bit more, I'd want something a little wider out back too. Supersnake wheels are my favorite wheel that is made for the mustang (but the extra $3k sucks.) I put 275's on the back of my car but they still don't do enough for the car to hang onto the stock brembo wheel. With all the money you have into the car, and have plans to put more, how come you aren't going to put some other wheel on and sell the brembo package?
post #116 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquill1 View Post
Have you looked into the silverhorse racing window louvers instead of the supersnake version?

I have the brembo package as well and they look good as a stock wheel/tire package but I personally don't think they are dramatic enough for what you are trying to pull off. Again that is just my opinion and just like arse's we all have one.

Personally the wheels need to fill the wheel well a bit more, I'd want something a little wider out back too. Supersnake wheels are my favorite wheel that is made for the mustang (but the extra $3k sucks.) I put 275's on the back of my car but they still don't do enough for the car to hang onto the stock brembo wheel. With all the money you have into the car, and have plans to put more, how come you aren't going to put some other wheel on and sell the brembo package?
I'll check out those louvers, thanks.

I wanna keep things dark. ( Might even black chrome the tips and emblems ) I used to be into the chrome wheels but for the first time I actually like the stock wheels. Also like I said they are almost the same as the SS wheels minus chrome ( Could send out for refinish black chrome ). I may have em powder coated black.

I was considering getting rear wheels widened as well. Dropping the car 1" in front and 1.5" in back will fill the wheel well.

I never said I wouldn't change wheels but not on the high list of priorities is all.
daddydGT

Looks good! The car needs wheels bad! And please loose the cobra emblem...there is tons of options for what to put in it's place but leaving the cobra on shouldn't be one of them....
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydGT View Post
Looks good! The car needs wheels bad! And please loose the cobra emblem...there is tons of options for what to put in it's place but leaving the cobra on shouldn't be one of them....
Sure it should. Since it's his car, he can basically do whatever he wants to with it. Since he already mentioned pages ago that the cut-out for the snake is in the grill regardless, I'd leave it too. Much better than a pre-cut hole sitting there.
post #119 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I still don't understand the "car needs wheels bad" Have a look at the SS Shelby. Almost same wheels. Anyways, wait till I am finished the theme before you judge the snakes.
The Snakes are NOT Shelby only. Were the 03-04 Cobras Shelby? How bout the 80's model? Or the 96 ? Funny thing is that three GT500 owners here I know all say put the snakes on but leave the lettering and GT500 badges off.

So maybe just to be clear and stop all the same comments over and over I'll explain once more what I will be doing.

It prob will have the Snakes on fenders and possibly replace the Faux Gas with one as well. On each side of the snake will be a aluminum badge that look the same as the Super Snake but say something like 302 / Cobra Or GT / 5.0 or 5.0 / Cobra etc. Nothing set in stone yet as I am still figuring it out. But when it's done no one will ask if it's a GT500. As it will most Likely say GT / 5.0 in plain english so if the person that is looking at it has an ounce of knowledge will know it's NOT a GT500. Also if asked I will say it's a GT / 5.0 Custom.
GT Member

Personally I'd leave the snake too. Who cares if it didn't come stock that way. Any real mustang fan can tell in 30 seconds whether it's real unless someone went crazy on the details & once the hood is up it's obvious.

Obama whines that we don't build stuff like the Hoover Dam anymore. With his EPA in charge nothing CAN get built.....ANYMORE!

If you put the Obama administration in charge of the Sahara desert they would find a way to run out of sand in a year....-ME!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page