Shelby Front end conversion starts next week. - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
S197 Member

Wow looks great!! Keep us updated with these "plans" you have as they proceed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

we need better pics wily!!!! Keeping the snake's on their eh.... dunno about that but everything else looks great I have been really digging black on the newer 2010+ body shape but could never get my self to actually buy a black one as I know if i got one my sanity would be lost to cleaning and buffing out swirl marks every week, LOL!

post #123 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaystar86 View Post
we need better pics wily!!!! Keeping the snake's on their eh.... dunno about that but everything else looks great I have been really digging black on the newer 2010+ body shape but could never get my self to actually buy a black one as I know if i got one my sanity would be lost to cleaning and buffing out swirl marks every week, LOL!
I hear ya. Almost went silver this time as all my cars have been black and one Dark blue. All I do is clean the freakn thing

post #124 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Finally got the front chin spoiler on today. The weather is said to be nice this week so hopefully I can get some better pics up soon.
PONY Member

These look much closer to the supersnake wheel while being relatively inexpensive.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wily coyote View Post
I still don't understand the "car needs wheels bad" Have a look at the SS Shelby. Almost same wheels. Anyways, wait till I am finished the theme before you judge the snakes.
The Snakes are NOT Shelby only. Were the 03-04 Cobras Shelby? How bout the 80's model? Or the 96 ? Funny thing is that three GT500 owners here I know all say put the snakes on but leave the lettering and GT500 badges off.

So maybe just to be clear and stop all the same comments over and over I'll explain once more what I will be doing.

It prob will have the Snakes on fenders and possibly replace the Faux Gas with one as well. On each side of the snake will be a aluminum badge that look the same as the Super Snake but say something like 302 / Cobra Or GT / 5.0 or 5.0 / Cobra etc. Nothing set in stone yet as I am still figuring it out. But when it's done no one will ask if it's a GT500. As it will most Likely say GT / 5.0 in plain english so if the person that is looking at it has an ounce of knowledge will know it's NOT a GT500. Also if asked I will say it's a GT / 5.0 Custom.
You have great car but you will always have people rag on it as its not a cobra or gt500 so why keep the snakes. It looks rice.

just my two cents from fellow mustang guy

if you were my best friend i would tell you the same thing....its taking away from all the hard work you are putting into it. Not sure about other grill options maybe something later on so you can ditch the snakes.

your car though just sayin
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to wmc2404 Send a message via Yahoo to wmc2404
Quote:
Clip on. So they are easy on easy off. If you get pulled over by the cops you may get outta trouble by saying that you were at a car show and forgot to take them off and will do so right now.
Sweet... Ya Cops pull people over like crazy up here... Well maybe just me (never any ticket), but I get pulled over at least twice a month for my HID headlights, window tint, loud sound system, or loud exhaust... Itís crazy... But, if I put in 55w 10000K HID's with those headlight covers it should be fine... Up here in AK we are suppose to have our headlights on at all times even though right now we have daylight from 6am till 9:30pm... The reason I got pulled over for my headlights is because they are too bright... I just show them that they arenít my high beams and that they can get brighter and they let me go. So, a cover that will dim my new ones a little would hopefully reduce me getting pulled over lol!!!

Jamie (Willie) C.
04 Mustang GT: Red, Black Leather Interior
12 Mustang 5.0 Premium: Black, 401A Red Leather Interior, 3.73, HID/Security, Nav. System
post #128 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquill1 View Post
These look much closer to the supersnake wheel while being relatively inexpensive.

I do like those. Who makes and where?
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via MSN to wmc2404 Send a message via Yahoo to wmc2404
Quote:
I never read anything bout not using with HID's . Got them from American Muscle. Hmmm you got me worried? But the lights shine through great and I drive with them at night.
The Billet grille overlays are $89 each at Mr Bodykit which is where I got them. The view with this hood is fine. It's real agressive but unless your 3 apples tall you should you shouldn't have a prob. I guess I should look into the HID and not using covers...
Are these the ones you bought?

Mustang Smoked Headlight Covers (10-11) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Jamie (Willie) C.
04 Mustang GT: Red, Black Leather Interior
12 Mustang 5.0 Premium: Black, 401A Red Leather Interior, 3.73, HID/Security, Nav. System
post #130 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmc2404 View Post
That would be them alright
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
Hey Wily, love the conversion..looks sick. One question on your hood. What are the differences between yours and this one besides price?

TF10025-A53 MUSTANG TRUFIBER HOOD FIBERGLASS UNPAINTED VENOM V6/GT 2010-2011

thanks.

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
post #132 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2BLKGT View Post
Hey Wily, love the conversion..looks sick. One question on your hood. What are the differences between yours and this one besides price?

TF10025-A53 MUSTANG TRUFIBER HOOD FIBERGLASS UNPAINTED VENOM V6/GT 2010-2011

thanks.
Thanks. I almost went with that one. But then after a lot of scrutinizing I found the Mamba was closer to the super snake. Also the True Fiber was Just for the V6/GT not the shelby. After doing some more research it seemed like fit and finish were just a bit better with the Mamba hood. But as said it was more the closest looking to the SS and fit the shelby.
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
Ok thanks, def going for this look sometime soon also~

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
post #134 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2BLKGT View Post
Ok thanks, def going for this look sometime soon also~
No prob. Shoot me a msg when ready. I can help you pick the right parts as there are afew that cross over.
PONY Member

The wheel I posted is Ruff Racing R943. They also have the wheel in chrome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page