"Cammed" 2011 Mustang 5.0 (Video) - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

So, what is "very soon" reference when the tune will be available for purchase?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
:nogrinner

From the horses mouth, its the same exact file. Feel free to call Jon and ask him.
Perhaps so but it sounds a lot better on this video.
A combination of different exhaust and a better recording.

Rookie

Very nice.

I was wondering when this would finally hit the tuning market. I originally saw this done on a a Boss test mule at the Woodward Dream Cruise last year. The Ford engineer said he had cam overlap built in at under 1250 rpms.

Can't wait to try it out.

'11 GT Axleback n Tune by Alternative Auto... soon to be TVS-Powered
-----------------------------------------------------
'93 LX Not stock... Sold
Saab SPG, Subaru Impreza, BMW 335i... Sold
'94 GT Stock?... Sold

post #34 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
So, what is "very soon" reference when the tune will be available for purchase?
My best guess would to be to just call and ask to speak with Fred. He would be able to get you more information. Since its being tuned by Jon, you can also hit up Lund Racing and ask him.
PONY Member

My wife was listening as I watched the videos and she said, "ewww it sounds broken I don't like that!", so I punched her in her gooch for her blasphemous comments!! :smilie
PONY Member

Wow...

I wish I could have just said "Wow..." but it was too short. I wonder if this will become one of the most viewed threads on AFM.
post #37 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifftech View Post
My wife was listening as I watched the videos and she said, "ewww it sounds broken I don't like that!", so I punched her in her gooch for her blasphemous comments!! :smilie

Ahahaaahaha
Rookie

So with only a tune you made your car idle just as rough as a cammed car without the huge amount of extra horsepower, way to go, might as well just pull all the emissions sensors and take the air intake off.
PONY Member

Quote:
It may be awhile....

Jon's the only one that currently has access to the additional tables in the software. With what everyone else currently has, its not so slow and lopey, rather faster and dosnt really sound like the cars cammed.

If Jon and Evolution is coming to the market with this very soon, what benefit do you feel waiting for Bama to release one would be?
The benefit to me is that I have already shelled out $150 to Bama for tunes for life and I can't justify giving someone else money for this tune. I would prefer the real thing, but this would be awesome in the mean time!

'11 Sterling Gray Metallic GT, 6 speed
Performance: Lethal O/R X Pipe, GT500 Mufflers, Heartthrob 3" cat to Axleback Kit, FRPP 4.10s, Airaid CAI, AE 4" Driveshaft w/Stiffler's Loop, JLT Oil Separator, TRZ UCA, UPR LCAs, UMI Relo Brackets, J&M Panhard Bar & Roush/Eibach Lowering Springs.

12.151 on MT ET Streets (1/4 mile speed not working)
PONY Member

Dumb question, but what does it mean to be a "cammed car"?
post #41 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublyme View Post
So with only a tune you made your car idle just as rough as a cammed car without the huge amount of extra horsepower, way to go, might as well just pull all the emissions sensors and take the air intake off.

Actually, sitting inside the car feels like stock. no rough idle at all. Thanks for playing...

Last edited by pcfrisch; 03-15-2011 at 07:41 PM.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
It may be awhile....

Jon's the only one that currently has access to the additional tables in the software. With what everyone else currently has, its not so slow and lopey, rather faster and dosnt really sound like the cars cammed.

If Jon and Evolution is coming to the market with this very soon, what benefit do you feel waiting for Bama to release one would be?
I already have the lifetime Bama tunes. If I can get it for free eventually then I am willing to wait.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublyme View Post
So? The car already has crazy power, this is for awesome sound. If you are here to make fun of fellow Mustang owners tastes than maybe this whole community thing isn't for you.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I guess this is what some have been waiting for and thats cool.

I'm just kind of old school and dont really care for a car being made to sound like it has a big cam through a tune.

It sounds wicked for sure but just not for me.I'll take the little noise my blower makes at idle

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
What the hell is a "gooch"?

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page