"Cammed" 2011 Mustang 5.0 (Video) - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Ill have to take off below that rpm to find out. I always leave first feathering the clutch and around 2k so i havnt been paying attention...

Cold start is fine. no issues.
Thanks. Also, can you get us another sound clip from the front of the car? Preferably some with the hood up and then some from around the front wheel wells with the hood down.

I'm curious to know how the engine/valvetrain sounds when tuned like that (not just from the exhaust). From your first video, you can hear a noisy valvetrain over the exhaust when stock (though I'm not saying the valvetrain noise heard is abnormal in any way), but hear nothing with the tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublyme View Post
Pretty damn obvious that the idle is bouncing around, otherwise the exhaust would not change tone repeatedly. You can say all you want about how i'm "talking out of my ass," however you are ricing up your car in the same manner as the honda kids putting "turbo sound" valves on their fartpipes. Pretty lame honestly, you want the car to sound like it has balls even though its fairly stock.
You do know that even putting huge cams in this car wont make it sound "cammed". JPC's doesn't sound like it has cams and they make 60+hp with them. The Boss also has aggressive cams and doesn't "sound cammed" unless you put the track key in.

post #63 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Pretty damn obvious that the idle is bouncing around, otherwise the exhaust would not change tone repeatedly. You can say all you want about how i'm "talking out of my ass," however you are ricing up your car in the same manner as the honda kids putting "turbo sound" valves on their fartpipes. Pretty lame honestly, you want the car to sound like it has balls even though its fairly stock.
Yup. I want my car to "sound like it has balls" when it dosnt right? i mean, it already runs 11's with just a tune and a couple bolt ons, but you must mean only cars that run 8's can have an aggressive exhaust note im sure, right? ...

GT Member

Ahhhhhh. I knew the haters would come. They always come.

Making a comparison to "turbo sound" valves is just stupid; those cars don't have turbos, these cars have cams. It's only about tweaking them to individual preference.

If you don't like the sound of the lope, you're in luck . . . no one charges you to not tune it that way. Now, kindly go away and let the grown-ups talk.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Wow I never expected to see so many angry trolls on this site. I thought Mustang owners were above that.

My point is this: to get the lope the cams need to be adjusted by the tune. So the stock cams are capable of doing th exact same thing that an aggressive old school cam does at idle. So it has no need to be cammed. It already is, in a way. This is not some backyard hack job with pair of pliers and duct tape. It's not some 4-banger trying to look or sound big.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I bet anyone can make a civic sound like that by pulling the EGR/various emissions sensors. Anything can be made to run rough if something is screwing up the idle. You are changing the car from a smooth idle to a sporadic idle without getting anything back in performance. You might as well just remove the CAI, take all the tread off the tires and use old shocks while you're at it if noise is what you're going for rather than performance. This whole thread is like an ad for evolution, and all the fan boys/employees are coming out to defend them and the car that got tuned by them which is basically a rough idling stock vehicle.
Except that this is a tune and not simply running rough. Would you also make fun of a cammed car that ran exactly like this? All this tune does is make the vct run like an aggressive cam. And guess what, it IS the cam. This is not a result of some kid pulling the engine apart. Stop trolling and grow up, this is not a civic forum.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
Except that this is a tune and not simply running rough. Would you also make fun of a cammed car that ran exactly like this? All this tune does is make the vct run like an aggressive cam. And guess what, it IS the cam. This is not a result of some kid pulling the engine apart. Stop trolling and grow up, this is not a civic forum.
No because a cammed car will make POWER, which is a trade off for the lousy idle. This one doesn't, its simply tuned to sound tough. Doesn't take a genius to understand this concept.
post #68 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Perhaps learn to spell. My warranty isn't precious to me, I have multiple backup vehicles including a c6z and an x5, I don't want a car that idles rough and frankly my first mod will be FI. But I wouldn't expect a dainty little guy who drives a bright blue car to understand why anyone would want a stock idling car with an extra 200hp so you keep enjoying sounding like a tough guy .

Im done trying to NOT convince someone. You dont HAVE to come into MY threads and WATCH my cars progress. I tell you what though, tough guy, come on down to south florida any time and put that mustang heads up against mine. When i beat you, ill make sure to let everyone know it was with a ****** tune and fake cams, a whistle tip, no vtec fluid, muffler bearings that are shot, and any other excuse that you feal will make yourself feel better.

Damn keyboard warriors! you guys are hilarious. :nogrinner

Last edited by pcfrisch; 03-15-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Watch the language
PONY Member

Whocares, let me make sure I understand. Basically your car has been tuned to sound just like a car with big cams? Isn't that exactly what the Boss with the trackey does? I think your car sounds great and I would be interrested in a tune similar when/if Bama comes out with one.

To the haters.... if whocares car is tuned to sound the way it does and it is rice, sounds like garbage, etc, would you also say that the Boss sounds like rice, garbage, etc??? Just asking. It sounds like he has a tuner that has been able to do what Ford Engineers have done with the Boss????

Am I correct here or am I missing something?

'11 Sterling Gray Metallic GT, 6 speed
Performance: Lethal O/R X Pipe, GT500 Mufflers, Heartthrob 3" cat to Axleback Kit, FRPP 4.10s, Airaid CAI, AE 4" Driveshaft w/Stiffler's Loop, JLT Oil Separator, TRZ UCA, UPR LCAs, UMI Relo Brackets, J&M Panhard Bar & Roush/Eibach Lowering Springs.

12.151 on MT ET Streets (1/4 mile speed not working)
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

I heard it & I liked the sound.

Its too bad this thread turned offensive and negative pretty fast. It's not why I signed up, nor is it what these forums are about.
Apprentice

Yeah I think it's dumb the way this thread has turned... it's all opinions and people getting their feelings hurt one way or another. Who cares if you don't like the way it sounds? Who cares if you do? Just say one way or the other and move on, there's no reason to BASH the other side... this is retarded.

I like the way it sounds, I think it sounds badass!

See, how hard was that? It's all about personal preference here guys... just like it has always been with modding cars. If you like a HUGE 15 inch wing on the back and think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread, then go for it, it's your car. That's not my cup of tea, but hey, it's not my car either. To each their own.

We all own/enjoy Mustangs, so let's unite together for the greater good here!

/rant over
Apprentice
S197 Member

i love technology ,i also think it sounds badass!

1982 Mustang LX-sold
2007 Mustang GT/CS-sold
2011 Mustang GT-sold
Apprentice

I wonder where the moderators are in all of this. Every person on this forum see mods for the mustang that they wouldn't want. An example would be a lowering kit. I live in an area with crappy roads (thank you California) and I think it would be masochistic to even consider a lowering kit. Would I knock another guy for picking one up? Heck no. To all the trolls out there, take your negativity somewhere else. There is obviously a market for this kind of mod; heck, even Ford is doing it with Trackey. If you don't like a mod on this forum, DON'T READ ABOUT IT! To the forum moderators: Please nip obvious trolling in the bud before it hijacks a thread like this. It has no place in this community. Just my $.02

Current: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, 6mt, 401A (Cashmere), Security pkg., Brembo brake pkg., Comfort pkg., 3.73 gears, Electronics pkg.

Previous: 1967 Mustang Fastback, Aqua, 351W, C4 auto, pure unadulterated awesome
daddydGT

Oh and one last thing to add before I'm done with this thread...don't start a thread if you don't want positive and negative feedback! That's why it's called a forum. Everyone has an opinion on things related to there cars, so if you can't handle negative feedback with out coming back with foul mouthed name calling then you shouldn't be here! And if you like that kind of stuff you shouldn't be here either...good day all! :-)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydGT View Post
To bad you won't be here long enough for us to see your car progress! Name calling and not stop cutting people won't be tolerated on here! I got warned for it and it looks like with this comment your 3 strikes are up!! Another "report" from me! :-)
I like the sound and would definitely be interested if BAMA were to come out with this type of tune. I have always loved the sound of a cammed car.

daddydGT, Please do us all a favor and on this forum and stop posting while drunk. And whether drunk or sober, since your arrival, the forum has progressively turned into a bunch of instigating and negativity. It is getting tiresome

2011 GT premium/Auto Trans./Ford Racing 3.73 gear/Airaid Intake/Bama tunes/Koni STR-T/Steeda sport springs/Steeda UCA, LCA, and adjustable panhard bar/Borla Atak cat-back/Steeda 14" brake kit on front and 13" brake kit on rear wheels, UPR catch-can...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page