"Cammed" 2011 Mustang 5.0 (Video) - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
daddydGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4-2011 View Post
I like the sound and would definitely be interested if BAMA were to come out with this type of tune. I have always loved the sound of a cammed car.

daddydGT, Please do us all a favor and on this forum and stop posting while drunk. And whether drunk or sober, since your arrival, the forum has progressively turned into a bunch of instigating and negativity. It is getting tiresome
Your right it's me that's the problem here! Nobody else has anything to do with it I'm the worst person on this planet....i was reading on this forum for years before I decided to join and trust me bro...it has always been the same! Ya I might put in more opinions than I should but so do 75% of the people on here....without us there wouldn't be a forum.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Trolls like DaddyDGT and Sublyme will come to this forum for help someday, or just start a thread on a topic in which they are interested.

Even if the moderators erase the crap that has been spewed in the last 24 hours, members here will remember.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4-2011 View Post
I like the sound and would definitely be interested if BAMA were to come out with this type of tune. I have always loved the sound of a cammed car.

daddydGT, Please do us all a favor and on this forum and stop posting while drunk. And whether drunk or sober, since your arrival, the forum has progressively turned into a bunch of instigating and negativity. It is getting tiresome
Quoted for truth. Seems like DaddyGT is instigating instigating conflict. Not that Whocares responses has been particularly great either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydGT View Post
Your right it's me that's the problem here! Nobody else has anything to do with it I'm the worst person on this planet....i was reading on this forum for years before I decided to join and trust me bro...it has always been the same! Ya I might put in more opinions than I should but so do 75% of the people on here....without us there wouldn't be a forum.
Maybe in some of your posts, you could proofread your responses before you send them, with the goal of avoiding being an instigator? Same for Whocares (not that you started it, but in this day of keyboard warriors...) maybe you could tone down the animosity a bit?

Last edited by pcfrisch; 03-15-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Removed offensive link

Apprentice

WhoCares,

I have a constructive question to ask.

How does the car run if I wanted to drive around just cruising around at about 50mph in 6th gear at 1000-1500rpm (don't do it much). Is the engine smooth or does it have the same sound as idle?

I have a 6 speed manual.

2011 Kona Blue Base GT with 3.73 & Brembo's GT500 Axlebacks
372hp/358tq
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcodestang View Post
WhoCares,

I have a constructive question to ask.

How does the car run if I wanted to drive around just cruising around at about 50mph in 6th gear at 1000-1500rpm (don't do it much). Is the engine smooth or does it have the same sound as idle?

I have a 6 speed manual.
Also, any update for the video going through the revs, or at the front of the car?
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Oh and one last thing to add before I'm done with this thread...don't start a thread if you don't want positive and negative feedback! That's why it's called a forum. Everyone has an opinion on things related to there cars, so if you can't handle negative feedback with out coming back with foul mouthed name calling then you shouldn't be here! And if you like that kind of stuff you shouldn't be here either...good day all! :-)
You seem to be confusing constructive negative feedback with trolling.
PONY Member

Quote:
Report because this guy does nothing but call members horrible names and use foul language! I'm sure you wouldn't like it if he called you all the names he called multiple members!! 77 threads he has and all foul language and rude comments! A real nice addition to "our" forum! And the coin has two sides if you don't like peoples negative opinions on this thread why are you commenting? You could have just stayed out yourself??? Lol but no you had to chime in just like everyone else did. Take your own advise bud!
I'm sorry but I'm the one who has been inquiring about this mod for a long time, as a matter of fact it was my thread earlier that prompted him to make this one with this video. I'm involved if you like it or not. Your only involvement was to bash it. The thread was hijacked by you, don't turn it back on me. What I'm asking you to do is just to leave people alone. He might be a d*** but so are you, and so am I. So just having a flame fest is not going to help anyone.

Negative and positive feedback is fine. But you are around here implying people are ricers just because they want this tune. I think you are a ricer if you have an interior in your car, all it does is make the car more comfortable. Strip it and go faster. Drive around on slicks and skinnies at all time otherwise you are a b****. As a matter of fact you are a wuss for even having a mustang. See how stupid it all sounds? It's your opinion, you don't have to dominate the thread with it. Just state your opinion and move on. You've stuck around just to bash it. That's crazy. Maybe we needed a separate thread just to discuss how stupid these tunes are and how anyone who wants one is pond scum and should be stoned.
post #83 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachcrosen View Post
Whocares, let me make sure I understand. Basically your car has been tuned to sound just like a car with big cams? Isn't that exactly what the Boss with the trackey does? I think your car sounds great and I would be interrested in a tune similar when/if Bama comes out with one.

To the haters.... if whocares car is tuned to sound the way it does and it is rice, sounds like garbage, etc, would you also say that the Boss sounds like rice, garbage, etc??? Just asking. It sounds like he has a tuner that has been able to do what Ford Engineers have done with the Boss????

Am I correct here or am I missing something?

Basically, you are correct. Just slightly more aggressive cam profile. The cam profile can be less aggressive, as ive got a few different files ive tested. The good thing about that is if someone wants it to sound really aggressive, it can be tuned that way, and if you want just a little more than factory, it can be tunes that way too.
post #84 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Iím sorry for not being able to get a video (to those that care). I was busy with school work all weekend and didnít have a chance to get anything done.

I donít have the camera either, so itís kind of hard to get a hold of my friend with his schedule too. For those of you that donít care for this, please click the little red X in the top right hand corner if you feel offended that someone doesnít have the exact same taste in cars, mods, etc, etc...

The car drives normal once you take off. No sputtering, no lurching, no transition that is "felt" and no stalling. Car drives like my regular 93 tune once i take off with the exception of the idle. No CEL's, etc.

I have a JLT intake, so i believe the tune is pretty much done, and ready to go here in the next week or so for those with the JLT intake, and the Steeda intake should be solid too. For those that are interested in something like this, please just be patient as Iím sure an announcement will be made once you are able to get a hold of one of these tunes. In the meantime, ask me any other questions you may have, and ill try and keep up. Thanks.
PONY Member

I think it sounds pretty wicked.

2011 Grabber Blue GT
Performance: Bassani Longtubes, Bassani Catback, JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold
Suspension: Ground Control coilovers, Whiteline front and rear sway bar, lower control arms, relocation bracket, wattslink, Steeda strut tower brace
Apperance: Saleen grille, Roush front facia Roush side and rear splitters, GT500 rear valence, GT500 rear spoiler, Forgestar F14 20x9 20x11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
This is not some backyard hack job with pair of pliers and duct tape. It's not some 4-banger trying to look or sound big.
Isn't that what you're doing though? Making your car sound bigger and badder than it really is?

I came from Subarus and turbo charged 4s. Honestly, and I'm not hating when I say this, but it sounds like the equivalent to a loud blow off valve on those cars. Lots of noise with no performance gained.

Different strokes for different folks. It's your car and you're making the payments on it, you can do whatever you want to it. It's not for me, but I can see the appeal in it.

You don't care when my car was built or what options it has.
Grimace427

For something as simple and reversable as a tune, I'd be all over it as soon as the tunes become available. My other mustang is a '67 with a smallblock that sounded absolutely wicked before the restoration started. Now it's been 3 years and I miss that sound. Would be nice to get it back for at least a little while, then when the '67 is done or I get tired of the sound in my '11, I'll return it to my standard BBR race tune.
If I wasn't restoring a classic car then I'd definitely be investing in some custom grind cams with the Boss intake and long tubes. But for now, that idle tune sounds unreal!
Apprentice

Love the sound! Reminds me of my strung out 351 back when I was doing lots of drag racing.
Apprentice

Correct me if I am wrong but there are gains in performance with the tune. That is just a add on to the custom tune you load up. So you get the performance of the 93 oct tune and the added lope sound at idle. I'm in
post #90 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wily coyote View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but there are gains in performance with the tune. That is just a add on to the custom tune you load up. So you get the performance of the 93 oct tune and the added lope sound at idle. I'm in

Correct. In addition to tuning the car with the mail order 93 performance tune, the same tunes applied and you get a car that sounds more aggressive at idle. You still will have the benefit of the aggressive tune and a more aggressive idle to boot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page