"Cammed" 2011 Mustang 5.0 (Video) - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member

You've also gotta realize that with these new 5.0 Motors and their VCT that getting that lopey idle from cams might be a thing of the past. The VCT will adjust the overlap to help with low range power cause as we all know most cams will make you suffer low end power for high end gains. Just like JPC's cams used in their 507 rwhp car the car basically sounds stock. The way i see it VCT is changing the game up. Theres gonna be those cams that give you the hp you want but with no badass sound. The cams that give you the sound u want but minimal gains. And then theres tunes like this. Which ever one you want will be up to you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell View Post
You've also gotta realize that with these new 5.0 Motors and their VCT that getting that lopey idle from cams might be a thing of the past. The VCT will adjust the overlap to help with low range power cause as we all know most cams will make you suffer low end power for high end gains. Just like JPC's cams used in their 507 rwhp car the car basically sounds stock. The way i see it VCT is changing the game up. Theres gonna be those cams that give you the hp you want but with no badass sound. The cams that give you the sound u want but minimal gains. And then theres tunes like this. Which ever one you want will be up to you.
That was my thought, now that we have VCT, loping would be a thing of the past, unless you wanted to tune it to sound more aggressive. For those people that ask, would you say the same thing about people who are putting on axle back mufflers?

Apprentice

Well with bolt ons and a good tune these cars are already pushing 500 hp at the crank. Thats pretty badass for a N/A 302. Might as well sound the part.

I don't think it's ricey, it just sounds awesome. I drool over an idle like this. Doesn't mean your trying to fool someone into thinking your car makes another 30 hp.

Cams have never really been worth the money on these modular engines anyway. Many have done NSR cams on the 4.6 JUST for sound. At least this offers a MUCH cheaper way of doing it.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stergry302 View Post
Cams have never really been worth the money on these modular engines anyway. Many have done NSR cams on the 4.6 JUST for sound. At least this offers a MUCH cheaper way of doing it.
I was one of those who considered doing cams on my '08 just for sound! This tune is a lot cheaper for the same sound. I love the sounds and will look into doing this once AM/Bama comes out with it.

'11 Sterling Gray Metallic GT, 6 speed
Performance: Lethal O/R X Pipe, GT500 Mufflers, Heartthrob 3" cat to Axleback Kit, FRPP 4.10s, Airaid CAI, AE 4" Driveshaft w/Stiffler's Loop, JLT Oil Separator, TRZ UCA, UPR LCAs, UMI Relo Brackets, J&M Panhard Bar & Roush/Eibach Lowering Springs.

12.151 on MT ET Streets (1/4 mile speed not working)
post #95 of 318 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Im in south Florida, so if anyone cares to meet up ill take you for a ride and show you the cammed tune if you would like. Just throwing that out there.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Im in south Florida, so if anyone cares to meet up ill take you for a ride and show you the cammed tune if you would like. Just throwing that out there.
I sent you a P M hit me back.

1982 Mustang LX-sold
2007 Mustang GT/CS-sold
2011 Mustang GT-sold

Back in the 80s I had a 70 chevy C10 shortbox running a 327 and a close ratio Muncie 4speed. It was a high compression motor with a long duration camshaft. It sounded a lot like this tune.
(It also gave a lot of big block owners fits too)
Now with VCT and twin overhead cams we can replicate the sound of the old long duration fixed timing camshafts without the drawbacks. I'm all over this and will order one after I take delivery of my car.
A lot of people talking cams here but only a few that really know what they are talking about.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I am going to contact Bama and see when they expect to get something out also. If they were not planning on doing so they sure will now!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachcrosen View Post
I was one of those who considered doing cams on my '08 just for sound! This tune is a lot cheaper for the same sound. I love the sounds and will look into doing this once AM/Bama comes out with it.
Me too, I was about to pull the trigger on the Detroit Rocker cams from brenspeed but at the last minute decided to trade in for this car.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
I am going to contact Bama and see when they expect to get something out also. If they were not planning on doing so they sure will now!
Already sent them an email... no reply yet...
PONY Member

Let us know what they say Neal! If its in the works, I'm just a phone call away from a FREE update!!!

'11 Sterling Gray Metallic GT, 6 speed
Performance: Lethal O/R X Pipe, GT500 Mufflers, Heartthrob 3" cat to Axleback Kit, FRPP 4.10s, Airaid CAI, AE 4" Driveshaft w/Stiffler's Loop, JLT Oil Separator, TRZ UCA, UPR LCAs, UMI Relo Brackets, J&M Panhard Bar & Roush/Eibach Lowering Springs.

12.151 on MT ET Streets (1/4 mile speed not working)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachcrosen View Post
Let us know what they say Neal! If its in the works, I'm just a phone call away from a FREE update!!!
Yeah man, I definitely will! Because trust me... I am DEFINITELY interested in this tune as well!

It was great meeting you this weekend bud, we'll definitely hang out again!
Rookie
S197 Member

I've ridden in whocares car,runs very strong and sounds very good pure and simple(Hi bud).

09 Shelby GT-500.
Alloy/Silver #98 of 156.
CAI-JLT,Tuned by Jon Lund.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealAtTheWheel View Post
Already sent them an email... no reply yet...
Sent him a PM, lol. I bet a lot of people are starting to call or email. Light a fire under their boots, lol.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my07clone View Post
WOW I was not really thinking of a tune due to warranty concerns

Now I say to hell with that, I want this tune!
First, I have say very nice idle sound...

In addition, to this persons comments on warranty issues...

FYI, driving your car over the speed limit voids your warranty....

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page