2011 Mustang Cali loose lug studs and TPMS question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 Mustang Cali loose lug studs and TPMS question

Is it normal for the wheel hub assembly to have about 1/4" worth of play (looseness) when the tires are off? I can grab the wheel studs and they are loose along with the wheel hub grease cap inside of the rotor. It's not wobbly, but it is loose. I noticed this when I was changing out my Cali Special ('11) tires for some RTR wheels. It's loose on both sides. Car has 1400 miles on it.

Also, what is the deal with training the TPMS. I can get into the learing mode in the car (press the brakes, turn the key 3 times stuff), but when I put the training tool on the tire, 180 degrees from the valve stem and press the light. Nothing happens. Do I need both doors open/closed or what?

I was away from other cars and in a big parking lot, with no cell phone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011
Apprentice

2010 and up the tpms sensor is built into the valve stem

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011
Apprentice

I swapped my TPMS sendors over from the exact side of the car they came from and never had any issues. no lights, never reprogrammed anything. Just got into it and drove.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012
Rookie

Sorry to revive an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one if the same question was already asked. Crazyychuck, did you ever get your question answered? I recently had my wheels replaced and the guy mentioned that the front studs had some play, that they could be moved side to side a little when the wheels were off. The rear ones had no play. They mostly work on imports so they weren't sure if this was normal and I have no idea. Any feedback from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by fastandcurious; 09-30-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page