Boss Alcantara Steering wheel Part# - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tay
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wily coyote View Post
Not sure. Maybe they are just so back ordered and don't wanna put as available till they can meet demand. Also I believe price is gonna go up on these soon. The GT500 wheel at one time was cheap like these and then it was like Ford realized GT owners where buying them up. Just my thought any way... Still waiting on Canada post to get back to work so I can get mine. Good luck
Thanks. I hope thats the case and just back ordered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
I ordered mine from Varsity Ford a couple days ago, but this morning I got an email that my order was declined and that this part is no longer available from Ford. Does anybody know what the deal is with this?
Sorry to here it but this what seems to happen with the specialty keel parts. Ford releases parts to service and has to put material hold on orders outside the normal service channels. Hope they release these back into the pipeline.

6 Piston GT500 Brembos, 3.55, 6 speed manual, Sparco Ergo seat, Ford Racing Sparco race steering wheel, Koni Yellows, Boss 302S WC splitter, GT500 rear axle cover, Differential cooler, Cobra Jet Intake, Boss Graphics, Setrab 934 Air to Oil Setrab cooler, M-2004-MB brake cooling kit, Ford rotors, Carbotech XP24/XP20 pads, M-5300-P springs, FRRP Laguna Seca 19x9, 19x10 wheels, GT500 axlebacks, ARH 1 7/8" Headers/3" X-Pipe, Ford Racing SCJ throttle body, Ford Racing CJ CAI, AED tune.
Tay
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveespo View Post
Sorry to here it but this what seems to happen with the specialty keel parts. Ford releases parts to service and has to put material hold on orders outside the normal service channels. Hope they release these back into the pipeline.
Good news. I spoke with Mike over at Tousley Ford Parts and he just told me that they were on back order and should be available in 3 to 4 weeks. So he will send me one as soon as they come in. He just said that Ford didn't realize there would be such a demand for these. Thanks steveespo for all the good info.

PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

The GT500 steering wheel is just as nice, but it is leather/alcantara, not all alcantara. Should be the same price as the BOSS wheel.

2012 Ingot Silver Mustang - 3.7L V6, Performance Package (traded)
2012 HP White Mustang GT - 5.0L, Premium, 3.73 rear end
Apprentice

mine just showed up

2011 Mustang GT: Brembo, 401A, Hids, 3.73's. Flowmaster Hushpower AB, Roush Springs, CS/Boss bumpers

NASA-AZ
Driver/Captain: audistyleracing . com
Photographer: rolex24pics . com
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_red_v8 View Post
mine just showed up
Lucky. Canada Post just ended strike so I hope it's not to long...
Apprentice

Well finally got the wheel and it's installed. LOVE IT !
Rookie

Your old GT Premium Wheel

Once people start getting their Boss steering wheels delivered and swap them out, PM Me if you want to sell your stock premium gt leather wrapped wheel, i will be interested. I want the one with the regular stitching, not the grabber blue or anything. I have a base model GT.

Mustang GT 300A - Kona Blue - 6MT, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brake Package.

Daily Driver: 2009 Mazdaspeed3 - Metropolitan Grey.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjones847 View Post
Once people start getting their Boss steering wheels delivered and swap them out, PM Me if you want to sell your stock premium gt leather wrapped wheel, i will be interested. I want the one with the regular stitching, not the grabber blue or anything. I have a base model GT.
I may consider selling mine.
Apprentice

can anyone with the boss steering wheel think of a reason for me not to get one?

2011 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue 401A Brembo 3.73 Glass Roof HID Security Pkg Comfort Pkg Electronics Pkg Rearview Cam
2011 SVTPP 19" wheels Airaid CAI SynthaMax BBR billet antenna BOSS steering wheel Roush axle-back

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0eric View Post
can anyone with the boss steering wheel think of a reason for me not to get one?
If the price stays the same I can't think of a reason not to. Some days where it was crazy hot you grab that leather wheel and it's HOT. This is super comfy. The feel is so nice. That being said it is a bit on the slippery side and that would be the only con to it. But it's just something you need to get used to.
PONY Member

Ordered mine on July 5th to replace the awful base GT wheel. Spoke with Nick today at Tousley and he says mine is in and will ship out on 7-12. For the price, this wheel is a steal. Won't be long before Ford jacks this one up in the $300 range.

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
GT Member

Do you have to call Tousley Ford to order one? because when you put the part number in online it says "no parts found"
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
Do you have to call Tousley Ford to order one? because when you put the part number in online it says "no parts found"
I did the same and couldnt find it online. Find the number for Tousley and call the parts dept and ask for Nick. Tell him you want to order the Boss steering wheel. He will know exactly what youre talking about. $143.26 plus shipping.

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
Tay
Rookie

I got mine last Friday and I am having it installed this week. Will disconnecting the battery erase my tune?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page