Boss Alcantara Steering wheel Part# - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Boss Alcantara Steering wheel Part#

Guys
I would like to install the Boss 302 steering wheel on my Boss tribute car(see below) Does anyone have the part # and do you know if the Phone and voice buttons will work when I transfer them from my original wheel? All help is appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...Stripes002.jpg

6 Piston GT500 Brembos, 3.55, 6 speed manual, Sparco Ergo seat, Ford Racing Sparco race steering wheel, Koni Yellows, Boss 302S WC splitter, GT500 rear axle cover, Differential cooler, Cobra Jet Intake, Boss Graphics, Setrab 934 Air to Oil Setrab cooler, M-2004-MB brake cooling kit, Ford rotors, Carbotech XP24/XP20 pads, M-5300-P springs, FRRP Laguna Seca 19x9, 19x10 wheels, GT500 axlebacks, ARH 1 7/8" Headers/3" X-Pipe, Ford Racing SCJ throttle body, Ford Racing CJ CAI, AED tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie
V6 Member

I don't think anything but the Cruise Control will work, but depending if you have the Base or Premium package, you should be able to get the Sync/Phone/etc. work from the wheel.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Black / Black
Automatic, 3.31 Rear
Pony Package
WFO
Rookie

That car looks badass more pics plz - also, did you ever find that p# and if it's functional? I'd love to get that wheel too.

post #4 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Haven't nailed down the part # yet. Thanks for the compliment I think the new stangs all look bad ass, For did a good job capturing the look that made the Mustang popular to begin with, but with contemporary styling.
Steve

6 Piston GT500 Brembos, 3.55, 6 speed manual, Sparco Ergo seat, Ford Racing Sparco race steering wheel, Koni Yellows, Boss 302S WC splitter, GT500 rear axle cover, Differential cooler, Cobra Jet Intake, Boss Graphics, Setrab 934 Air to Oil Setrab cooler, M-2004-MB brake cooling kit, Ford rotors, Carbotech XP24/XP20 pads, M-5300-P springs, FRRP Laguna Seca 19x9, 19x10 wheels, GT500 axlebacks, ARH 1 7/8" Headers/3" X-Pipe, Ford Racing SCJ throttle body, Ford Racing CJ CAI, AED tune.
Apprentice

I also would like the Boss steering wheel!
Apprentice

so far I'm seeing the same part number for a complete assembly with airbag/boss perf package, but nothing to identify it from other wheels, and obviously we don't need the airbag and other trim pieces.

2011 Mustang GT: Brembo, 401A, Hids, 3.73's. Flowmaster Hushpower AB, Roush Springs, CS/Boss bumpers

NASA-AZ
Driver/Captain: audistyleracing . com
Photographer: rolex24pics . com
post #7 of 130 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yeah Chris I see it on Ford parts.com mixed in with the GT500 and premium GT blow up schematic and they all have the 8600B part # also like you said its for a complete wheel we rally only need the rim assembly, all the trims and switches and the airbag will swap on.
Steve

Beast3.7

Any new news on this? I am also interested in the Boss steering wheel and rear seat delete.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
Any new news on this? I am also interested in the Boss steering wheel and rear seat delete.
05-11 Mustang GT Rear Seat Delete (Black)

Here is a rear seat delete if interested, don't have any info on the steering wheel. I would go after the GT500 wheel personally as I know from experience with Mercedes AMG wheels that Alcantara does not wear as nicely as regular leather.

post #10 of 130 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Got the Boss wheel today from Varsity Ford .com, $184 shipped!!! Came complete with cruies control and audio control buttons and trims installed. No airbag but that is an easy swap. I am stoked, love the feel of Alcantara. I will swap my Sync/Cruise control buttons on with their wiring harnesses so it should all work as I have it now. Part # is CR3Z-3600-AA
Steve

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveespo View Post
Got the Boss wheel today from Varsity Ford .com, $184 shipped!!! Came complete with cruies control and audio control buttons and trims installed. No airbag but that is an easy swap. I am stoked, love the feel of Alcantara. I will swap my Sync/Cruise control buttons on with their wiring harnesses so it should all work as I have it now. Part # is CR3Z-3600-AA
Steve
$184 Shipped? Holy moly. I've been waiting to get one as the best price I found was $359 at 2010-2011 GT500 Mustang Steering Wheel
Rookie

More info on that wheel, please.

I went to the website & searched that part #. It comes up and the price matches.....I'm just curious if it's the actual Boss wheel or not. If it is, that seems like a great price.

Also, I wonder why the audio buttons wont work on a Base GT. (I know this has been discussed to death) I mean, the boss comes with the base radio, correct? What's different? Is it something in the computer programming? An extra wiring harness? Excuse my ignorance, I just hate having non-functional buttons, but I absolutely love that wheel.

As it sits now, I can't decide between this or the bullitt wheel for my Base GT.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveespo View Post
Steve
Subscribed. Post pictures when you're done please.

I had been considering the GT 500 wheel which has the Alcantara patches but been hesitant about going for it because I would really like a thicker wheel and not just a different cover/wrap. I'm assuming the Boss wheel is the same thickness as the stock wheel but completely wrapped in Alcantara.

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
post #14 of 130 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Have the wheel in hand, it is the real Boss wheel not a GT500. Full alcantara rim, buttons for radio pre set up and down, radio input selection, volume control and cruise control. Has a blank button where the voice activation/phone button is on my 401a wheel. Sorry but no pics yet as I am swamped at work this week. Will take pics of install
Steve

Rookie

Thank you for letting us know. Waiting to hear back & see pictures.

:nice:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page