Need an x pipe!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Need an x pipe!!!

hey everyone, im in the market for an x pipe but i dont want headers. i found these cheap bbk headers that might fit the bill

BBK After Cat X-Pipe (2011 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

any suggestions? im just looking for sound really, not performance. and they need to be street legal, i live in ny and they dont take that kinda stuff lightly here. if anyone has done anything to their 2011 stang in terms of legal x pipes please let me know. thanks a lot everyone.

2012 GT 5.0. Auto, Grabber Blue with Matte Black reverse racing stripes, 20" Forgestar F14's in the rear, 19" Forgestar F14's up front, Riding with 315 tires, Black Mamba body kit, 8000k HID's, 20% Tints on Windows, Headlights and Taillights. Steeda CAI, Lethal Performance O/R X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth axleback exhaust, Steeda Coilover Kit, Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar, Steeda Lower Control Arms, Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm, Steeda Bumpsteer kit, BAMA tune on 93 Race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011
PONY Member

If you just want sound and don't care about performance, get axlebacks instead. The x-pipe alone, especially without removing the cats, isn't going to change your sound much at all.

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 401A, 6MT, Brembo, Comfort, Security, HIDs, Rear Camera
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Bama tune, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 4.10s, Barton Shifter & Bracket, JLT Oil Separator, BMR LCAs & Relocation Brackets, Steeda Adjustable UCA
13.31 @ 109.6 at 7,383' DA
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Already have roush axlebacks but i heard that an x pipe on top of axlebacks adds a raspy throaty muscle car sound which is what i want.

2012 GT 5.0. Auto, Grabber Blue with Matte Black reverse racing stripes, 20" Forgestar F14's in the rear, 19" Forgestar F14's up front, Riding with 315 tires, Black Mamba body kit, 8000k HID's, 20% Tints on Windows, Headlights and Taillights. Steeda CAI, Lethal Performance O/R X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth axleback exhaust, Steeda Coilover Kit, Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar, Steeda Lower Control Arms, Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm, Steeda Bumpsteer kit, BAMA tune on 93 Race.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011
Grimace427

I got the Magnaflow Street catback with aftercat 3" x-pipe and intalled at the same time. The sound is mean at wot while mellow enough at low speeds to not scare too many old people in my neighborhood.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011
GT Member

I have something I will sell you.
Magnaflow part number 16400
2011 Mustang 5.0L V8 Tru-X Pipe w/o conv Magnaflow Exhaust

less then 15 miles on the part, almost brand new... one of the studs will need to be replaced... simple to install

Bolts directly to factory manifolds and exhaust pipe... 400 and you pay shipping

Magnaflow 16400 | 2011 Mustang 5.0L V8 Tru-X Pipe w/o conv Exhaust

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011
PONY Member

I installed the BBK pipe the other day. Already had Hushpowers. I honestly don't think the sound changed much at all. It may have added a VERY SMALL bit of rasp, but nothing drastic. I was just looking for an extra hp or two...I'm pleased that the sound didn't change much. So, this might not be the mod for you if you are looking for sound. I'd go w/ an O/R xpipe.

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
I have something I will sell you.
Magnaflow part number 16400
2011 Mustang 5.0L V8 Tru-X Pipe w/o conv Magnaflow Exhaust

less then 15 miles on the part, almost brand new... one of the studs will need to be replaced... simple to install

Bolts directly to factory manifolds and exhaust pipe... 400 and you pay shipping

Magnaflow 16400 | 2011 Mustang 5.0L V8 Tru-X Pipe w/o conv Exhaust
He already said he needs it to be legal so catless is out. Wish you had been selling this a couple weeks ago. Could have saved myself $75, although shipping would have come out of that and the cost to get the stud fixed so I guess I wouldn't have been saving much at all, heh.

I have the hushpowers with the Magnaflow catless x-pipe and to me the sound is perfect. Nice rumble at idle and fairly subdued at low rpms, very loud when I get on it. The Roush axlebacks are quite a bit louder and raspier already than most axlebacks, so going catless with them would be very loud I would think.

You can always browse this page to hear what different combinations sound like...

http://mustangcliq.com/2010/08/08/20...exhaust-guide/

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 401A, 6MT, Brembo, Comfort, Security, HIDs, Rear Camera
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Bama tune, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 4.10s, Barton Shifter & Bracket, JLT Oil Separator, BMR LCAs & Relocation Brackets, Steeda Adjustable UCA
13.31 @ 109.6 at 7,383' DA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page