*NEW* Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Chris@Stillen
*NEW* Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Kit

Just received some info on the 50-state legal E-Force supercharger kit. Looks really clean under the hood and they are claiming some really nice gains at fairly low boost. Hopefully we can get some dyno numbers and video soon.

TORRANCE, CA (March 17, 2010) – Edelbrock is excited to announce the release of their E-Force Supercharger system for 2011 Ford Mustangs equipped with a 5.0L 4V engine (#1588). Based in large part on the existing supercharger for 2005-10 Mustangs, this new kit will allow the 2011 Mustang to produce 559 horsepower and 503 ft-lbs. of torque with low boost. This design is engineered and manufactured by Edelbrock and features an Eaton® Twin Vortices Series (TVS®) 2300 GEN VI rotor assembly – the same internals used on the new Corvette ZR-1.

The supercharger assembly is integrated into Edelbrock’s unique intake manifold for a truly seamless design with minimal components. The intake features 15” long runners for maximum low-end torque and an integrated bypass valve that helps reduce parasitic loss under light throttle, which improves mileage potential. Keeping the air cool is a 110 square inch, high capacity, air to water intercooler - the largest of its kind available on the market today - and a full face low temp heat exchanger. It has been designed to meet 50-State emissions and work with all OEM emissions equipment(E.O. Number D-215-77).

This complete Edelbrock E-Force supercharger kit includes everything you need to bolt it on under the hood of a 2011 Mustang GT, including supercharger/manifold assembly, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler and a handheld flash programmer to properly tune the factory ECU for the added power. Edelbrock offers 3 levels of optional powertrain warranty terms – including 3-Year/36,000 mile and 5-Year/60,000 mile, offering up to $19,000 of coverage, for peace of mind when installing on a brand new car.

Edelbrock also offers a competition version of this system (#1598). Edelbrock E-Force Competition Supercharger systems are based off of our popular street systems, but are pared down to the essential components that a racer needs, without the extras that experienced racers prefer to customize for their own competitive advantage. They include the essential supercharger package components with selectable options based on your purpose built needs - from our Competition Air Intake Systems to fuel injectors, pulleys and much more.

Features Include:
• 2300cc (140 cubic inch) Eaton® TVS® GEN VI rotor assembly
• Unique intake manifold design with 15” long runners for increased low-end torque
• 100,000 mile self-contained oiling system
• Installs under the stock hood with no modifications
• Complete package includes supercharger/intake assembly, air-box lid, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, and flash tuner with proper calibration
• Optional 5 Year/60,000 mile warranty
• Made in USA for absolute quality and performance
50 State Emissions Legal (E.O. Number D-215-77)
• Retail Price: $6,495.87

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
PONY Member

Nice. Interested in finding out how much extra the warranties are and seeing a dyno graph to see just how much extra low end torque there is over other supercharger kits.

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 401A, 6MT, Brembo, Comfort, Security, HIDs, Rear Camera
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Bama tune, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 4.10s, Barton Shifter & Bracket, JLT Oil Separator, BMR LCAs & Relocation Brackets, Steeda Adjustable UCA
13.31 @ 109.6 at 7,383' DA
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

So what are the potential risks with this supercharger and our 6 speed transmissions? (559 horsepower and 503 ft-lbs ) that's quite a jump from our stock 412/395.... and I do understand they you could opt to buy the additional insurance,but I'm willing to bet it won't be cheap!
I guess my concern is that we all know the weakest link would be the transmission,not too concerned about the motor handling that kind of bump in HP.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
So what are the potential risks with this supercharger and our 6 speed transmissions? (559 horsepower and 503 ft-lbs ) that's quite a jump from our stock 412/395.... and I do understand they you could opt to buy the additional insurance,but I'm willing to bet it won't be cheap!
I guess my concern is that we all know the weakest link would be the transmission,not too concerned about the motor handling that kind of bump in HP.
You mean this weak 6-speed with stock 3.73 gears?
YouTube - Lethal Performance's 2.9L Whipple Powered 2011 GT - [email protected]

Or this weak auto 6-speed? stock transmission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LI8...layer_embedded
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I wanna know how much boost does it take em to take the car to 550....

I wanna say 7 pounds like ford did.... but someone plz correct me...

MiNiSt3R of SiNisT3r
tuned by Ken Bjonnes. and exhaust,...
and procharged by "Power By the Hour"
566 [email protected] and 8 pounds
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnold66 View Post
You mean this weak 6-speed with stock 3.73 gears?
That really proves nothing in terms of longetivity or life expectancy though.

You don't care when my car was built or what options it has.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ohwhoa View Post
That really proves nothing in terms of longetivity or life expectancy though.
My post was to show these are not weakest link. These car have over 500 Hp and 500 ft-lb.
Longetivity on a race car could be one run. Speed+ HP = $$$$
I don't see a problem with a DD and a few times at the track. If you think something will break, you may want to stay stock.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
PONY Member

mine while only running 5 # of boost, and all stock, even that air box, has over 28,000 miles on it, and it still get me to where I'm going. yes its an 2005, but its reliable, very reliable.

Legend Lime, GT , Tan Leather, Side Air Bags, IUP, Shaker 1000, 5 Speed
Sequential Lights Whooo Hoooo
LL #0018
I know there are faster cars - my penis still works just fine..."
Proud Owner of the New Edelbrock Supercharger, Serial #0001 signed by Vic Edelbrock!!
~pictures in gallery~
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011
PONY Member

For those who are saying, "BUT IT WILL BREAK:" Edelbrock has an optional warranty
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I did see those vids before you posts, but thanks for the post:
My concern is that the clutch assembly is already at it's max load with the power ford put in the stang,If I was getting that supercharger, I can assure you I will be going with a much more stronger clutch assembly rather than the stocker,and exchanging the feeble plastic parts with metal parts in the actual transmission,
Older 2005 and down had awesome trannies compared to what is being but in these newer ones,just my two cents... Its a known fact the clutch/flywheel, centre coupler are the weak link on these trannies,stock cars with stock trannies had flywheel bolts back out/shear off and that is happening on stock power,add more TQ to those components and I can almost assure you ****'s going to let go.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordasn View Post
For those who are saying, "BUT IT WILL BREAK:" Edelbrock has an optional warranty
sooo, you want to take your new $40K car, add another $8K, then when something breaks see who's warranty will cover the item....? I can guarantee you that it won't be Ford...talked to a Termi owner other day that had an engine issue, as soon as the dealer saw his whipple they wouldn't touch his car under warranty.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Now, if FORD offered an upgrade like this that also kept the car under warranty I'll be all over it right from day one!...and they do: it's called Shelby, but the price differentiation is $20,000 +.
FORD knows what the load potential of these trannie/clutch assemblies are, they would be all over this if they knew it would make them money... I read between the lines.
I love to buy that SC, but the only way I would do it is making sure tranny components are FIRST upgraded to easily handle that jump in HP and TQ... then proceed with a SC.

The rest is all FORD
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
sooo, you want to take your new $40K car, add another $8K, then when something breaks see who's warranty will cover the item....? I can guarantee you that it won't be Ford...talked to a Termi owner other day that had an engine issue, as soon as the dealer saw his whipple they wouldn't touch his car under warranty.

Also Ford has a supercharger with a warranty:

Ford Racing unveils supercharger for 2011 5-liter TiVCT V-8 engine | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

omg... like upgrading a clutch is SUCH A BIG DEAL...

get the charger... pay the warranty... get a beffier clutch....

MiNiSt3R of SiNisT3r
tuned by Ken Bjonnes. and exhaust,...
and procharged by "Power By the Hour"
566 [email protected] and 8 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordasn View Post
That's not much of a warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page