MT-82 <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym> fluid-What do road racers use? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

MT-82 trans fluid-What do road racers use?

With the TSB out for cold shift effort fix and the discussions going back and forth does anyone know what road racers are using in this transmission for durability? I am planning on changing my trans fluid (11000 miles) for this summers driving events I will be participating in and wonder if putting the lighter QDC fluid is the smart thing to do. With temps in the 60s today my car shifted really well, when its 35 and below I get the balky 1-2 shift feel. There is no whine and I have't had any high RPM clutch or shift issues so I wonder if it would be wiser to just use the original QS grade lube. How about Redline, Royal Purple, Mobil Delvac, Motul or some of the other high grade lubricants out there.

Lets here from some of the experts and figure out what is best for drivability and longevity.
Steve

6 Piston GT500 Brembos, 3.55, 6 speed manual, Sparco Ergo seat, Ford Racing Sparco race steering wheel, Koni Yellows, Boss 302S WC splitter, GT500 rear axle cover, Differential cooler, Cobra Jet Intake, Boss Graphics, Setrab 934 Air to Oil Setrab cooler, M-2004-MB brake cooling kit, Ford rotors, Carbotech XP24/XP20 pads, M-5300-P springs, FRRP Laguna Seca 19x9, 19x10 wheels, GT500 axlebacks, ARH 1 7/8" Headers/3" X-Pipe, Ford Racing SCJ throttle body, Ford Racing CJ CAI, AED tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011
PONY Member

NO expert here (i am more of an arm chair kinda guy) but until the big name fluid companies start making recommendations i would just change in and out the stock stock when racing. this tranny in some ways and the sway bars have been a tough bugger for the aftermarket.

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page