Has anyone installed the Borla Atak cat-back exhaust, tryin to see i finished pic? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member

Has anyone installed the Borla Atak cat-back exhaust, tryin to see i finished pic?

I ordered the Borla Atak cat-back system but im confused about what the mufflers are supposed to look like. I the video sent out by Borla it shows it as if it will be tubualar like. But in all the pictures sent out by Borla to all the companies that seel there exhaust it shows a normal shaped muffler. I called Borla and the guy was clueless about it. So im just wondering what im gonna get when i open the box when it finally gets here. And above all else the system ships in 2 boxes and fedex lost the box that has the mufflers in it. and now it will be atleast another 4 days before i get it. any pics of the finished product on your car would be great. thanks for the help.

2011 GT 5.0 300A Race Red/Black, 6spd, 3.73 gears, Borla Atak cat-back system, MGP Caliper Covers

1995 GT 5.0 Lazer Red/Black & Tan, Edlebrock Performer RPM intake, Ford Racing Headers, BBK X-pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gears, Hotchkis Control Arms, FFRP Drag Racing Springs, Underdrive Pulleys, BBK Cold Air, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, Saleen S-351 wing, A/C and Smog deletes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011
PONY Member

Borla Mustang ATAK Axle-Back (2011 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

YouTube - 2011 Mustang 5.0 Borla ATAK

Looks like regular style oval mufflers to me. The Atak system is tubular on other cars like the 2010 Mustang GT and Camaro SS, but oval on the 2011 Mustang GT.

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 401A, 6MT, Brembo, Comfort, Security, HIDs, Rear Camera
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Bama tune, Flowmaster Hushpower Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 4.10s, Barton Shifter & Bracket, JLT Oil Separator, BMR LCAs & Relocation Brackets, Steeda Adjustable UCA
13.31 @ 109.6 at 7,383' DA
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011
daddydGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_mustang95GT View Post
I ordered the Borla Atak cat-back system but im confused about what the mufflers are supposed to look like. I the video sent out by Borla it shows it as if it will be tubualar like. But in all the pictures sent out by Borla to all the companies that seel there exhaust it shows a normal shaped muffler. I called Borla and the guy was clueless about it. So im just wondering what im gonna get when i open the box when it finally gets here. And above all else the system ships in 2 boxes and fedex lost the box that has the mufflers in it. and now it will be atleast another 4 days before i get it. any pics of the finished product on your car would be great. thanks for the help.
The mufflers are shaped just like the factory ones! The s type I had on my 07 were tubular! I wish they were that way on the 2011s but there not...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011
PONY Member

no pics at the moment but it will say ATAK across the mufflers. Oh, and get ready for your mpg's to go down from redlining to hear that sweet exhaust music!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

AF,

Did you get the info you wanted. I have them in my 2011 GT/CS. I can snap a few photos if you like.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page